The difference a decent ref makes

RFCRobertson

I've been going into games with the exception of the Referee being shit tier. 

Now not all of his calls were perfect, the tackles McKay and Halliday got were shocking. But for the most part I gotta say the ref (John Beaton) did a fairly decent job. and see the difference a good referee can make, game enjoyment wise, is night and day.

Compared to the ref last week who was just a complete and utter cock up. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

Thought Garners booking was wrong but other than that it was hard to pick faults in his performance.

I never actually seen that, what happend?

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

He was howling.

I don't think any could come nearly as bad as that one last week. Again, not all of his calls were straight on. There was a tackle on McKay that should've been a straight red.

Yeah, I'm surprised Hearts finished the game with all their players on the park, think it was Paterson who should have seen a straight red for his tackle on McKay, as for Garner, their player was at it there was no way that should have been a free kick never mind a yellow for Garner.

The linesman on the Govan Front should never be allowed to officiate a game in any capacity again, not only was he terrible but he was such a fat bastard I'm surprised he didn't have a heart attack.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

50/50 ball Garner gets booked Hertz player gets nothing.

Joke of a decision.

50/50s should never be a booking offence, otherwise both players should be getting booked.

If they bang heads or something so what, they knew the risks of getting into a 50/50. Unlike a slide tackle, the recipient can't do a whole lot about it. 

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I never actually seen that, what happend?

I don't think any could come nearly as bad as that one last week. Again, not all of his calls were straight on. There was a tackle on McKay that should've been a straight red.

Kinda as bridgels says, well it was a 33.3/33.3/33.3 ball and the Hearts player got sandwiched between our 2 but Garner gets booked.

He had warned him off just before and was looking for an excuse to book him.

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

50/50s should never be a booking offence, otherwise both players should be getting booked.

If they bang heads or something so what, they knew the risks of getting into a 50/50. Unlike a slide tackle, the recipient can't do a whole lot about it. 

Hearts were trying to claim that Garner came in and took their player out with his elbow, totally load of shite he was clearly trying to get the ball and never lead with this elbow.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Kinda as bridgels says, well it was a 33.3/33.3/33.3 ball and the Hearts player got sandwiched between our 2 but Garner gets booked.

He had warned him off just before and was looking for an excuse to book him.

That is pretty bizarre. 

Not saying he was perfect to any extent, a scot ref is still a scot ref and all are cut from the same bit of used toilet roll/ 

Thought he was OK. Haven't seen any replays, but have to admit I thought he got the McKay one right. Couldn't see enough of the Garner challenge, so can't comment.

Have seen Walker's booking for diving though, and that was a very poor decision.

15 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thought he was OK. Haven't seen any replays, but have to admit I thought he got the McKay one right. Couldn't see enough of the Garner challenge, so can't comment.

Have seen Walker's booking for diving though, and that was a very poor decision.

At the time I was sure it was a foul and actually think some players protested thinking it was a foul

Garner is a tough player and will get plenty of shit and does give plenty. He knows that and accepts it with a grin. He is superb. As for the ref, I thot he was just about OK but Garner, despite what I just said, did not get the fouls he deserved. The deliberate kick to McKays face was the biggest faux pas.