what do people really think?

deco19761

Here it is on a plate. What do people really think of any underlying issue within our club re historical sex abuse cases.

Now.i am not for one minute suggesting that our club has done anything wrong and I am sure as with Gordon Neilly matter the club has acted swiftly in any instances of child abuse.  

But what happens if there aare.people,fans, ex youth players out there who may want to come forward to tell their story.? How would people look on them ? 

Traitors, attention seekers looking to link the club to this or any other matter..etc etc 

Is the protection of the club more important that anything or would thus make us as bad as that mob from the other side of the city in covering things up. ??

This is no doubt a quandary that some youths may face. It happened that long ago and there are.more stringent checks in place.now. but does bringing up the past in order to Assist the bigger picture with the protection or non protection as it seems with kids back then justify it.?

We have heard rumours of John cchalmers an ex rangers youth coach and that he hung himself a few.yeara back as matters were abput to surface.  Or Neilly who is now deceased. So is there.any point of it. Just interested to see what people would say in the event that matters arise . ? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this thread should probably be locked because some dafty will end up saying something out of turn which in turn will be used to portray us as a support in a bad light.

What I really think is that a full formal independent investigation is carried out. That's all.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We have nothing to hide but it's ridiculous to say folk coming forward could be seen as traitors :lol: 

Fuck sake man

Not saying they are. Some may seem either that way. That's all mate. Just putting it out there. 

If any of our past directors covered anything up then jail them and we may be forced to accept a fine or whatever punishment fits the crime

I would fully expect victims to be compensated as a failure on the clubs part

There should be similar punishment for any club involved 

It always amazes me that it takes so long for someone to say what happened to them but once one or a few have the courage to step forward and say something the rest feel more confident of doing the same. I think it just shows how much it has affected them, the shame and guilt that ironically the victims feel rather than the perpetrators acting like a mental prison until one person escapes and shows the others the way.

As you grow up you develop a mental model of the world and you base that on what you experience. God knows what events like these do to a child mentally, it's just disgusting beyond words.

So on that note the victims should have our sympathy and support whilst they out true evil in the game and society. If any of that falls at our doorstep then it is no different however from the way we handled the situation with Neely compared to Hibs I believe that we have shown we did the right thing when we found out.

It is our statutory duty to report any knowledge of children being abused.

You have already stated you was a youth player at the time and your saying that the club acted swiftly when they were made aware. 

If people want to make false allegations they will be found out, let them. 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It always amazes me that it takes so long for someone to say what happened to them but once one or a few have the courage to step forward and say something the rest feel more confident of doing the same. I think it just shows how much it has affected them, the shame and guilt that ironically the victims feel rather than the perpetrators acting like a mental prison until one person escapes and shows the others the way.

As you grow up you develop a mental model of the world and you base that on what you experience. God knows what events like these do to a child mentally, it's just disgusting beyond words.

So on that note the victims should have our sympathy and support whilst they out true evil in the game and society. If any of that falls at our doorstep then it is no different however from the way we handled the situation with Neely compared to Hibs I believe that we have shown we did the right thing when we found out.

I know two people who have been abused as children mate and the affects are horrible. 

24 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Here it is on a plate. What do people really think of any underlying issue within our club re historical sex abuse cases.

Now.i am not for one minute suggesting that our club has done anything wrong and I am sure as with Gordon Neilly matter the club has acted swiftly in any instances of child abuse.  

But what happens if there aare.people,fans, ex youth players out there who may want to come forward to tell their story.? How would people look on them ? 

Traitors, attention seekers looking to link the club to this or any other matter..etc etc 

Is the protection of the club more important that anything or would thus make us as bad as that mob from the other side of the city in covering things up. ??

This is no doubt a quandary that some youths may face. It happened that long ago and there are.more stringent checks in place.now. but does bringing up the past in order to Assist the bigger picture with the protection or non protection as it seems with kids back then justify it.?

We have heard rumours of John cchalmers an ex rangers youth coach and that he hung himself a few.yeara back as matters were abput to surface.  Or Neilly who is now deceased. So is there.any point of it. Just interested to see what people would say in the event that matters arise . ? 

We don't have an underlying problem

also I think that if john chalmers was involved in anything untoward then with the amount of enemies we have in the governing body and the media then is sure it would be splashed across every newspaper by now

i know someone who hung himself and it doesn't mean he was involved in child  abuse 

remember just because Timmy says it's true doesn't mean it is

but if it came to light he was involved in anything and it was covered up then I would be ashamed of my club for how it was handled

As long as we didn't cover anything up, reported any wrong doings or suspicions to the police, and didn't do anything to further hurt the victims then I see no problem with any investigations.

If we have been seen to cover anything up then I'll need to take a long hard look at the situation and see where I stand after that.

However I cant see that being the case as up until now we have reported any suspicions to the relative authorities, as any decent minded human beings would do.

3 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

As long as we didn't cover anything up, reported any wrong doings or suspicions to the police, and didn't do anything to further hurt the victims then I see no problem with any investigations.

If we have been seen to cover anything up then I'll need to take a long hard look at the situation and see where I stand after that.

However I cant see that being the case as up until now we have reported any suspicions to the relative authorities, as any decent minded human beings would do.

I sincerely believe that the club didn't cover anything and reported it via the right avenues.

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

If we had a paedophile ring at my club I'd want it shut down. 

I don't bieve for one minute there was mate . Let's not get ahead of ourselves . I am just saying there may have been instances that are now going to crop up and it's possible the club didn't know about it. Not just our club every club. If clubs didn't know about things they could not take action is what I am saying. There may be many cases where a young player has been too afraid to say as they didn't want to harm the club and having them tarnished with that kind of brush.  That's all 

I have the utmost faith that our club has has no issues regarding any one employed at the club in the past or present that was engaged in sexual abuse.

If any employee was suspected of indulging in this sick perversion that they would be sacked immediately and the police informed.

There is only one club and church in Scotland steeped in this perverse pursuit of adolescent male booty and both begin with the letter C.

I work as a counsellor and therapist and trust me the affects are life lasting for children who have subjected to any kind if abuse.

When someone knows about abuse and does nothing then they are seen as guilty as the perpratator; never mind actively covering it up...disgusting.

Incidently I was talking to an ex pro last night who is 60 now.  He was telling that when he was a kid and in boys clubs and turning pro, you'd be lucky to find any more than 5 full time staff at the biggest clubs in Scotland and that's including the manager and assistant.

It's frightening to think what has gone on, I truly believe that our club would welcome a full investigation and act with the transparency required.

I believe that police scotland are meeting with SFA today in Hampden to discuss this very issue across Scotland and applying pressure to conduct a full investigation,  similar to the English FA.  

I dont think its a fit subject for speculation to be honest. I would truly be amazed if anything did come out the woodwork, but if you could spot child abusers in the streets then there wouldn't be any child abuse. The issue now appear to be  not that it could happen - because it could potentially happen to any club responsible for young boys - its how it is/was dealt with. The neely situation doesnt suggest to me that we would sweep it away and as another poster has suggested, we dont have the ties to the catholic church and its terrible history of abuse and subsequent cover ups that savco have.

Thats not point scoring, that is simple fact.

1 minute ago, He's blue he's white said:

I work as a counsellor and therapist and trust me the affects are life lasting for children who have subjected to any kind if abuse.

When someone knows about abuse and does nothing then they are seen as guilty as the perpratator; never mind actively covering it up...disgusting.

Incidently I was talking to an ex pro last night who is 60 now.  He was telling that when he was a kid and in boys clubs and turning pro, you'd be lucky to find any more than 5 full time staff at the biggest clubs in Scotland and that's including the manager and assistant.

It's frightening to think what has gone on, I truly believe that our club would welcome a full investigation and act with the transparency required.

I believe that police scotland are meeting with SFA today in Hampden to discuss this very issue across Scotland and applying pressure to conduct a full investigation,  similar to the English FA.  

I hope that if there is a full investigation that the SFA pick a better QC than the English FA did.

Just now, jim beam said:

I hope that if there is a full investigation that the SFA pick a better QC than the English FA did.

Yeah for sure the right person needs to be at the helm...But I also believe that the important factor is too get it started as then survivors will feel almost they have the permission to come forward and as others have said when a few are brave enough to come forward,  others will follow.

Just now, He's blue he's white said:

Yeah for sure the right person needs to be at the helm...But I also believe that the important factor is too get it started as then survivors will feel almost they have the permission to come forward and as others have said when a few are brave enough to come forward,  others will follow.

Hopefully they find the courage to do so and it can bring some sort of closure for them.