Park Bar

A.T.G

Used to live just round the corner and would pop in with the missus occaisionally. That was a few year ago. Just took it for granted it was a bluenose bar although there was no visible evidence

Crazy woman used to always be playing pool there,fuckin nutjob. Pub of first choice around that time was the Louden at the junction on brand street.miss that boozer. Being a tcheucter I always prefered the Park bar on Argyle St.

Bloody hell, weans nooadays.

It was the Jester when I got left outside as a kid and was a proper blue nose boozer then. When i started going to games myself with my mates when i was nearly old enough to drink it was still theJester and was proper blue. How long has it been the Park Bar in been inhabited by smhellies?

15 hours ago, A.T.G said:

Is it still there? Fond memories of getting left outside it when I was too young to drink whilst the elders went and got pissed and left me £10 to get a chippy and a scarf

Then once able to get it in, going to the basement after a win against the scum to look up and see the cieling shaking because the whole upstairs were doing the bouncy 

Ah the Gers, only thing that's constant in your life from the day you're born till the day you die.

Dunno if I've ever been to the Park Bar but my childhood Saturday mornings were spent outside the Bells Bar with a can of Irn Bru and a packet of crisps playing with the mountain of broken bottles lying about from whatever running battles had went on the night before :lol: occasionally my old boy would sneak me in and sit me in the corner.

Then drank in there for a few years with him before we went into administration then we stopped going there as apparently it was owned by tims and was usually a tim pub apart from match days and after admin we decided not to fund tarriers and started drinking in WRC instead

Being left outside a pub for an hour or so or the bookies before a match was just a completely normal thing even when I was young but nowadays you'd rarely see it happening. I was winding my dad last season when I started taking my daughter who was 5 at the time, I said "fancy going to the Bells for a pint before the game before nostalgias sake? We can leave the wean outside with a packet of crisps" and you should have seen his face when he thought I was serious :lol:

2 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

Used to live just round the corner and would pop in with the missus occaisionally. That was a few year ago. Just took it for granted it was a bluenose bar although there was no visible evidence

Crazy woman used to always be playing pool there,fuckin nutjob. Pub of first choice around that time was the Louden at the junction on brand street.miss that boozer. Being a tcheucter I always prefered the Park bar on Argyle St.

??

I mind we were in after the 1-1 Montrose game where they scored in the last minute. 

I had a splitting headache and she wouldn't stop screaming in my face. A lassie I was trying to fire in to turned round and skelped her.  And that was that. 

Haven't been in for a while though but just assumed it was/is a Gers pub. (One on PRW)

15 minutes ago, Willis said:

Dunno if I've ever been to the Park Bar but my childhood Saturday mornings were spent outside the Bells Bar with a can of Irn Bru and a packet of crisps playing with the mountain of broken bottles lying about from whatever running battles had went on the night before :lol: occasionally my old boy would sneak me in and sit me in the corner.

Then drank in there for a few years with him before we went into administration then we stopped going there as apparently it was owned by tims and was usually a tim pub apart from match days and after admin we decided not to fund tarriers and started drinking in WRC instead

Being left outside a pub for an hour or so or the bookies before a match was just a completely normal thing even when I was young but nowadays you'd rarely see it happening. I was winding my dad last season when I started taking my daughter who was 5 at the time, I said "fancy going to the Bells for a pint before the game before nostalgias sake? We can leave the wean outside with a packet of crisps" and you should have seen his face when he thought I was serious :lol:

Even the guys walking by would say "auld man in the pub wee man?, nae luck"

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

??

I mind we were in after the 1-1 Montrose game where they scored in the last minute. 

I had a splitting headache and she wouldn't stop screaming in my face. A lassie I was trying to fire in to turned round and skelped her.  And that was that. 

Haven't been in for a while though but just assumed it was/is a Gers pub. (One on PRW)

:541:

1 hour ago, Willis said:

dont think I seen a kick off till I was about 10 :lol: