Rangers win. Sheep lose. Hearts draw..

Gaz52

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most people have rightly pointed out, it isn't necessary celebrating second place but more about our performances finally improving to consolidate second place especially as about a month ago we looked like we would be sitting in 4th.

This season was always going to be tough to win at the first time of asking but after a poor start with too many draws we are finally improving and hopefully push on from here and all we can do is to keep winning our games as I'm sure Celtic will slip up a few times so it is up to us to keep the pressure on them and to put them under pressure.

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It sounds brilliant but where have we been this past five years? Second isn't nothing, second is European football and more revenue. No-one is settling for second, not even me, but right now I think we have to have a long term view about where we have been in the context of what we are trying to achieve. You are not being any more ambitious than anyone else on here; some of us are being a bit more realistic though.

I don't care what anyone says or where we were the last few years, second place means you've lost.  I'm not happy about being a loser.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Is that what we've been reduced to? Being ahead of Aberdeen and Hearts before Christmas rendering our weekend a success? Fucking hell.

I've been subject to watching us lose an Old Firm game 5-1, then another in the dying seconds; the worst two types of results to be on the end of. Yet, we should be buzzing because Aberdeen and Hearts dropped points?

That first post is the type of post that would end up on our equivalent of the Kerrdale Meltdown page on Twitter, if there is one.

Just now, GOAT said:

I don't care what anyone says or where we were the last few years, second place means you've lost.  I'm not happy about being a loser.

Really? What you mean is you don't acknowledge the past five years at this club, nor where it was even a year and half ago when you look at what it is doing now? Okay. 

2 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

As most people have rightly pointed out, it isn't necessary celebrating second place but more about our performances finally improving to consolidate second place especially as about a month ago we looked like we would be sitting in 4th.

This season was always going to be tough to win at the first time of asking but after a poor start with too many draws we are finally improving and hopefully push on from here and all we can do is to keep winning our games as I'm sure Celtic will slip up a few times so it is up to us to keep the pressure on them and to put them under pressure.

It is arguable that the start we had was completely natural. It is very evident that we have adjusted the the level of football that has been better than what we faced last season. I think that was something that took everyone by surprise. For nearly three months our team has looked better than most of the teams we have played, by a long way. We needed to adjust, it would appear, and we have. I'll take second if it means this club moving forward.

5 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Is that what we've been reduced to? Being ahead of Aberdeen and Hearts before Christmas rendering our weekend a success? Fucking hell.

I've been subject to watching us lose an Old Firm game 5-1, then another in the dying seconds; the worst two types of results to be on the end of. Yet, we should be buzzing because Aberdeen and Hearts dropped points?

That first post is the type of post that would end up on our equivalent of the Kerrdale Meltdown page on Twitter, if there is one.

:blink:

Where have we been the past 4 years?

Like it or not a lot of us are happy with positive progress.

The scum are starting to get found out and we have a very real chance of beating them at Ibrox.

Let's secure Europe, push the smhellies all the way and push on from there.

8 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Really? What you mean is you don't acknowledge the past five years at this club, nor where it was even a year and half ago when you look at what it is doing now? Okay. 

I acknowledge we have the second best budget by far of any club in this country, so if things are that bad second should be a given and nothing to celebrate about.  I'm satisfied we're now well in command of at least second, but given the team I support second is absolutely fuck all to shout about. 

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

And no one gives a fuck what a guy who made the cuntable post congratulating Aberdeen in winning their first game at Ibrox in 25 years before a ball was even kicked.

Just now, GOAT said:

I acknowledge we have the second best budget by far of any club in this country, so if things are that bad second should be a given and nothing to celebrate about.  I'm satisfied we're now well in command of at least second, but given the team I support second is absolutely fuck all to shout about. 

Before five years ago I'd have agreed completely, and one day that will be the case again. Right now though? I don't think so. I know what you're saying, and many a day I'd have been totally in agreement, but I think it's too early. 

31 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They know the league is in their pocket, don't imagine they will be trying that hard against the other teams.

They will love playing us, it's their cup final.

That's exactly the way I want them to think. Arrogant and complacent.

If we can't win the league the next main thing is Rangers get European football back and we look on the way to doing that.

The Europa league might not be a huge money spinner but getting to the group stage is important in terms of building the clubs European standing again and giving the club a bit of extra income etc.

1 hour ago, 5*RFC said:

:blink:

Where have we been the past 4 years?

Like it or not a lot of us are happy with positive progress.

The scum are starting to get found out and we have a very real chance of beating them at Ibrox.

Let's secure Europe, push the smhellies all the way and push on from there.

Your last sentence, I agree with. The rest, I don't. Actually, the rest I find utter fucking pish.

I'm fully aware of where we've been and how far we've come under Warburton; I appreciate that. I did not expect us to win the league this season, this is a work in progress.

That progress should be made with our heads down, focused. Not by fucking celebrating points dropped by Aberdeen and Hearts. They dropped points ten years ago, dropped points last season, this season and will regularly drop points forever because they are shite, second-rate, typical Scottish clubs that we shouldn't concern ourselves with, never mind celebrate being ahead of them.

How are the tarriers being found out, by the way? The last I checked, they hadn't lost a league match. I wish they were being found out, but I fear that you're clutching at straws.

16 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Your last sentence, I agree with. The rest, I don't. Actually, the rest I find utter fucking pish.

I'm fully aware of where we've been and how far we've come under Warburton; I appreciate that. I did not expect us to win the league this season, this is a work in progress.

That progress should be made with our heads down, focused. Not by fucking celebrating points dropped by Aberdeen and Hearts. They dropped points ten years ago, dropped points last season, this season and will regularly drop points forever because they are shite, second-rate, typical Scottish clubs that we shouldn't concern ourselves with, never mind celebrate being ahead of them.

How are the tarriers being found out, by the way? The last I checked, they hadn't lost a league match. I wish they were being found out, but I fear that you're clutching at straws.

"Utter fucking pish" , your words and they describe your unrealistic ,arrogant  attitude perfectly , get your dummy back in the pram and don't just talk about our recent demise but actually take those years into account. We have no divine right to be at the top and we won't get back overnight as at the moment we're "second-rate ".

7 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

"Utter fucking pish" , your words and they describe your unrealistic ,arrogant  attitude perfectly , get your dummy back in the pram and don't just talk about our recent demise but actually take those years into account. We have no divine right to be at the top and we won't get back overnight as at the moment we're "second-rate ".

That's worse than the last guy's post. If our performances under McCoist could be converted into a post, yours would be it; senseless, difficult to understand, aimless and shite.

How on earth, from my posts, you've taken that I believe we have a devine right to be at the top is beyond me. I genuinely struggle to see where you've pulled that from. Did you make that up in the middle of your rant?

Your post was a rant that made no sense and for that reason, I'll be maintaining my disliking for a topic which suggests Aberdeen and Hearts dropping points is worth a "cheers" and will in any way, shape or form improve my weekend.