Rangers win. Sheep lose. Hearts draw..

Gaz52

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We celebrating second place now?  At the start of the season we were talking about winning it.  

You're obviously a half empty kind of guy, look on the bright side we're comfortably 2nd and that's an acceptable position. We were dreaming of a title challenge but the reality is it was not a realistic expectation sadly.

11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We celebrating second place now?  At the start of the season we were talking about winning it.  

I don’t think anyone is celebrating finishing 2nd but ffs there's been far too much negativity , time to get behind the team now and finish the rest of the season on a high 

11 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Slow start kinda pissed on that parade. Just gotta take what we can. 

It always was a long shot coming up and winning straight away but getting a solid 2nd place isn't anything to be ashamed off. It's something that can be built on in the january window and summer window. 

Next year however there isn't any excuse. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Slow start kinda pissed on that parade. Just gotta take what we can. 

It always was a long shot coming up and winning straight away but getting a solid 2nd place isn't anything to be ashamed off. It's something that can be built on in the january window and summer window. 

Next year however there isn't any excuse. 

2nd IS failure IN my eyes but 2nd IS better than 3rd and as you say IT woukd give a good platform for next season.

I'd be delighted if we finished 2nd by a good distance and getting us back into Europe, if we never had such a shite start we'd be challenging these paedos, it was always going to be a tall order winning it 1st season back, next season once we've strengthened in January and the Summer there's no excuses, nothing less than 1st will suffice. 

27 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

While I'm feeling a lot better about the team lately I'm still fucking fuming at the shite start we made , but that's gone now I suppose so need to keep the wins coming then get tore right into those child bothering stinking beasts on hogmanay .

Fucking stupid draws mate - only lost 3 from 18 which at first glance is decent all thing considered....then the draws.  Frustrating but you're right, its been and gone.

Lets remember:

finishing second 15 points behind the smellies is exactly the same as finishing 1 point behind them, and we've done that many times.

Let's not celebtrate second, but let's instead look forward to Euro football back at Ibrox for the first time in far far too long.

THEN Warburton has one target and one target only.

For those who think second is not good enough, remember that, in the 80's, we went 7 years in a row when we never even got second. We've even been as low as 6th. Be thankful for small mercies; we still have a team to support.

Edit : We also went 25 years without winning the SC.

Of course I am celebrating.  Always content yourself for the moment. Plan for the future but never underestimate what the efforts and performances have brought us recently and enjoy it.  Anyone who thought we may have been in a better position ATM is deluded.

Oh yes, we are the Rangers and this is not good enough blah blah............I've heard all that.