FIFA Poppy Fine

Fifa has fined all four home nations for displaying poppies during World Cup qualifiers around Armistice Day.

England and Scotland players wore armbands featuring the symbol when they met at Wembley on 11 November.

Wales and Northern Ireland's respective games featured displays on the pitch or in the stands to mark the event.

England have been fined 45,000 Swiss francs (£35,311), Scotland and Wales 20,000 Sfr (£15,694) and Northern Ireland 15,000 Sfr (£11,770).

Fifa disciplinary committee chairman Claudio Sulser said he "fully respected" the commemorations but stressed the rules "need to be applied to all member associations".

"The display, among others, of any political or religious symbol is strictly prohibited," he added.

"In the stadium and on the pitch, there is only room for sport, nothing else."

Home Associations must refuse to pay. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Only fucking reason they're not speaking German is due to the British intervention. "they were neutral" as if the German war machine would've cared, Hitler said he wasn't going to invade Poland and look how that panned out.

They speak German a lot in Switzerland.

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Only fucking reason they're not speaking German is due to the British intervention. "they were neutral" as if the German war machine would've cared, Hitler said he wasn't going to invade Poland and look how that panned out.

There would be no Catholics if Hitler was successful....

I've honestly never seen the wearing or displaying of poppies as political, I've only ever seen it as a mark of respect.

I would love to see the home nations refuse to pay any fines as a point of principle, but unlike the brave men and woman who died for our freedom they will probably surrender and pay up meekly.

2 minutes ago, RyanMac said:

The vatican supported and helped finance the nazis, there would be more and they'd have more power. 

Of 2,720 clergy imprisoned at Dachau, the overwhelming majority (94.88 percent) were Catholic.

According to one source, 714 mass executions were carried out, and 6,376 people, mainly Catholics, were shot. Other put the death toll in one town alone at 20,000. It was a taste of things to come."

They didn't like them much

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Of 2,720 clergy imprisoned at Dachau, the overwhelming majority (94.88 percent) were Catholic.

According to one source, 714 mass executions were carried out, and 6,376 people, mainly Catholics, were shot. Other put the death toll in one town alone at 20,000. It was a taste of things to come."

Aye well it all worked out in the end,  the Vatican got the gold.

Where is the moral judgement with these fucking idiots. Pedo select get fined £8615 for showing support to a terrorist organisation and they fine a nation £35311 for showing support to soldiers that allowed our freedom from the nazis. This is morally inept in every possible way. 

This decision is shocking, I mean wtf. FIFA are are corrupt bunch of pricks and I agree that the home nations must refuse to pay the fine. The amount is insignificant, it's the principle. For the record, I also see the poppy wearing as a mark of respect for all soldiers who have died simply from doing their job. Remember that many German soldiers were fighting for something they didn't believe in. Crazy bastards were in charge who sent all young men to their deaths, and to say its political is absolutely ridiculous . Fuck Fifa.

6 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Catholic Croatia were fighting and exterminating with the nazis 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasenovac_concentration_camp

All the home nations as one should refuse to pay this fine, IT IS NOT A POLITICAL OR RELIGIOUS SYMBOL, it is a mark of respect to everyone that have lost their life in a time of conflict there is too much political correctness and too much of this shitey mentality to say "sorry" for events that happened in the past when the majority of these people weren't even fucking born.

"In the stadium and on the pitch, there is only room for sport, nothing else".  Nothing else that is, unless your willing to pay FIFA mega bucks to have your particular brand name splashed over every free piece of space in the stadium, pitch and players shirts.  As long as you ply them with cash, no questions asked.  Hypocrites.

2 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Part of the fine the SFA received was for the tartan arseholes booing God Save The Queen.

Seriously?  WTF personally I don't condone booing GSTQ but it's common practice between loads of opposition fans to boo the national anthem of the opposition.

9 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I've honestly never seen the wearing or displaying of poppies as political, I've only ever seen it as a mark of respect.

I would love to see the home nations refuse to pay any fines as a point of principle, but unlike the brave men and woman who died for our freedom they will probably surrender and pay up meekly.

This by 100%. (tu)

It's a shite state of affairs when you get green msp's like Ross Greer defending the pedo scum making a political statement about a terrorist group but say fuckall about wearing the poppy when it's sanctioned . The same green msp was wearing a white poppy too on Remembrance Day . It's sickening that we have these type of cunts in power.