Billy Gilmour

TheBlueOne

6 hours ago, watpnosurrender said:

arsenal now in for him

He could then be loaned to VVV-Venlo in the Dutch 2nd division beside one of their top talents Zalalem. or just look at Toral in training to see how good you have to be not to get a sniff at the Arsenal.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The kid is crazy to join Chelsea, but if you are 16 and offered £40k a week what would you do? 

One contract sets you for life. 

This is where you need your da to be strong and tell him to forget about money. He can make money In his 20s. Anyone that chases that type of money when their  16 year old boy has the wrong attitude.

In this day and age it's all about money and the young man would be silly not to accept that. What if he rejects a big move and stays but never fulfills his potential then he's missed out on making all that money which could've been made a massive difference to his family's life.

If he does go I hope he chooses Arsenal as he would have more chance of coming through than at Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

The kid is crazy to join Chelsea, but if you are 16 and offered £40k a week what would you do? 

One contract sets you for life. 

This is it he as a footballer has to secure his Future as with injuries and bad luck one bad tackle can finish his career.

I really hope someone just puts things into perspective for him, he is 16, what is he gonnae do with 40k a week? and i get people talking about securing his future, and you are right, but that wont be in his mind at all. What someone need to explain to him is, you are not even 16 yet! you can play for 4 seasons up here and you will barley be 20 year old. What would you rather, playing in the rangers youth team and if you excel on to the first team. proper competitive football, maybe Europe, domestic cups all the pressure old firm games. Or play in the youth league down south until you what 20 odds? they young players need to see being at us (and Scottish league in general) as an apprenticeship and a good one at that! you can say all you like about the league, but its a professional league a much better challenge that farting about in a youth league. Hopefully someone ensures that he sees that.

6 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

I really hope someone just puts things into perspective for him, he is 16, what is he gonnae do with 40k a week? and i get people talking about securing his future, and you are right, but that wont be in his mind at all. What someone need to explain to him is, you are not even 16 yet! you can play for 4 seasons up here and you will barley be 20 year old. What would you rather, playing in the rangers youth team and if you excel on to the first team. proper competitive football, maybe Europe, domestic cups all the pressure old firm games. Or play in the youth league down south until you what 20 odds? they young players need to see being at us (and Scottish league in general) as an apprenticeship and a good one at that! you can say all you like about the league, but its a professional league a much better challenge that farting about in a youth league. Hopefully someone ensures that he sees that.

A young boy being offered tons of cash and the chance to join one of the biggest clubs in Europe or stay here?

It's really a no brainer, they wont be thinking long terms but the here and now. That money is far too good to turn down sadly.

He can earn the big bucks and be shipped about on loan playing football....or stay here...earn peanuts and play football.

Just point him in the direction of Islam Feruz who has achieved the square root of nothing at Chelsea. 

I just hope his parents are able to see the folly of going for the money. Chelseas youth set up is not geared to the first team its geared to collecting as many youngsters as possible to keep them away from other clubs.

8 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Just point him in the direction of Islam Feruz who has achieved the square root of nothing at Chelsea. 

I just hope his parents are able to see the folly of going for the money. Chelseas youth set up is not geared to the first team its geared to collecting as many youngsters as possible to keep them away from other clubs.

The problem is he could stay at us on say £5k a week, and never develop or progress. He could be a John Fleck or a Greg Wylde that never really fulfills his potential and drift into obsquirity. 

The money he can potentially make before he even hits the first team at Chelsea is absolutely frightening. Not sure how he could turn it down at this stage. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

The problem is he could stay at us on say £5k a week, and never develop or progress. He could be a John Fleck or a Greg Wylde that never really fulfills his potential and drift into obsquirity. 

The money he can potentially make before he even hits the first team at Chelsea is absolutely frightening. Not sure how he could turn it down at this stage. 

By having the desire to play football at the highest possible level. We have a far better set up in place than when the two aforementioned came through. 

He could be a first team regular in 2 years here but on loan to some Belgian nobodies for the 4th time at Chelsea. I know what I'd choose.

28 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

most would take the £40K a week.

The typical, old Scottish mentality is rife in here.

"What if he doesn't make it at Chelsea?". The argument that he may or may not fulfil his potential won't even cross his, his parent's, his agent's or Chelsea's mind.

Gilmour, and the other three parties, will be of the opinion that he can do what Islam Feruz, Josh McEchran, etc. haven't and didn't do; crack that first team at Stamford Bridge.

Personally, I'd stay at Rangers. I wasn't labelled a wonderkid, though. Adidas didn't throw me a boot deal at 14 years-old and I wasn't training with the first team a year later. You cannot underestimate how driven and full of self-belief a footballer is, never mind one surrounded by the adulation, appreciation and praise that Gilmour is. If I was him, I'd be taking Chelsea's offer.

In regards to the boy being a bluenose, I lost all faith in that selling point thanks to Naismith, Davis and so on.

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

By having the desire to play football at the highest possible level. We have a far better set up in place than when the two aforementioned came through. 

He could be a first team regular in 2 years here but on loan to some Belgian nobodies for the 4th time at Chelsea. I know what I'd choose.

Desire has got fuck all to do with it if you step on the park on day 1 and shatter your cruciate. Bottom line is footballers have a limited window to make as much money as quickly as possible. 

He could earn enough to never have to work again before he turns 20 at Chelsea. I sincerely hope he stays, but if someone offered me 40 or 50 times my wage I'd be off, boyhood club or not. Think those that say they wouldn't are kidding themselves. 

That said, I've no idea of the financial package on offer from either club. So still hoping he develops here and then moves. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Desire has got fuck all to do with it if you step on the park on day 1 and shatter your cruciate. Bottom line is footballers have a limited window to make as much money as quickly as possible. 

He could earn enough to never have to work again before he turns 20 at Chelsea. I sincerely hope he stays, but if someone offered me 40 or 50 times my wage I'd be off, boyhood club or not. Think those that say they wouldn't are kidding themselves. 

That said, I've no idea of the financial package on offer from either club. So still hoping he develops here and then moves. 

A smaller wage, a decent insurance policy and a better shot at a more fulfiling career. Having met someone who was hailed as a wonderkid at Man United I know how easily it can be taken away. This lad went on loan to Luton and badly broke his leg in his first game. He was never the same and ended up in non-league football. He did, however earn enough to be comfortable and not have to work. That was nearly 15 years ago. Money isn't everything if he is happy at Rangers then why uproot for an uncertain future.