Important News For Rangers Fans Parking In The Ibrox Area

Doesn't appear if they are giving the fans even a chance to purchase a permit unless they know someone in the area.  

Idea seems stupid to me.  I currently park at the high flats at the top end of Dumbreck.  Back up is Mosspark Boulevard or Mosspark Drive.  It would appear these areas are outwith the proposed restricted zone but would presume they will will be crammed if these restrictions come to fruition.  As well as the fans, all they will do is greatly inconvenience the residents on the outer edge of the circle.  Bit of money in Mosspark, can see their resident groups getting active on this.  Then what do the Council do, push out the circle further.  Madness.

7 minutes ago, gersandy said:

There are proposals to do this over the east end aswell lads, lets not get our drawers in a twist. They'll need to improve public transport in the area though.

Public transport improvements are fine providing you don't need to use you're car to get to the Glasgow area in the first place.  Usual resolution is that they pick a railway station and set up a park and ride scheme.  Usually the car parks are isolated/unattended so there is immediately a vandalism/theft issue in parking there.  Also, one route in, one route out, fine if everything works likes clockwork.  A car breaks down or there is a bump or traffic light signals out, your stuck on in the car park for hours.  Been there before.

fucking bastards. am i right in thinking that the mhanks sorry excuse of a stadium has the same restrictions? wouldn't put it past the GCC to target us and let that lot away with it. luckily i park out with that area but that's no the point. fucking raging.

Get the drift that everyone wants to be able to park outside there own home but we are looking at 25 games (max) per season, 4 hours per game (max) 100 hours per year out of  8688 hours, works out at 1 per cent of the time.   So for 99 per cent of the time residents will not be inconvenienced.  So what is the logic of inconveniencing match going regulars who put a lot of money into local businesses?

42 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Get the drift that everyone wants to be able to park outside there own home but we are looking at 25 games (max) per season, 4 hours per game (max) 100 hours per year out of  8688 hours, works out at 1 per cent of the time.   So for 99 per cent of the time residents will not be inconvenienced.  So what is the logic of inconveniencing match going regulars who put a lot of money into local businesses?

Totally agree.  The other point I would make is that Ibrox was there long before any of the residents.  If they purchased / moved Into a house in the area, they knew what the deal was.

if the pricks are bringing this in they should subsidise free public transport for anybody with a ticket on matchdays

they do this in Germany (or did) if you have a ticket you can use any form of public transport for a few hours before and after kick off.

although as some have pointed out it doesnt help if you have to drive in from outside Glasgow

The odd thing about this proposal is that if you really know the area,Some of the streets with restrictions you are lucky if there are two cars on them on any day of the week,Most of Broomloan road,Whitefield road.Woodville street and nearly all of Edmiston drive are more or less empty at weekends,So don't see why there are restrictions on some of these streets.

It's pure and simply a money making ploy from the council.

What also happens with all the fast food vans that are parked on matchday's in the same restricted areas,Why not the same restrictions in the Mosspark/Bellahouston area when the council allow big concerts and given the problems the local people have.

It's also odd that they say residents will be given free permits,But those in the area within the G51 group with even worse problems with parking on a daily basis due to the new hospital have been offered reduced permits at a cost of £15.. Glasgow corrupt council never ceases to amaze me.

5 hours ago, harlands plater said:

So an event in the area is specifically a game at Ibrox, looks like gigs at Bellahouston Park and the mayhem that brings to places like Mosspark don't count? 

In fainess mate, and I hate to be fair to them, they do a residents parking scheme during the gigs as well. Not sure how widespread it is thpigh