Warburton (new poll)

Virtuoso

Warburon (new poll)  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Warburton?

• Go now?
    • Give him more time?

6 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If the vote had went the other way the MW oot brigade would have taken it as gospel and called for MWs dismissal. If most members are opposition supporters why hold a vote, fuck, why even post on here? 

The vast majority of Bears I know back MW albeit most are not happy with our current situation. 70 percent of us backing MW is a huge endorsement and an appreciation that he is doing his best with limited funds in our first season back in this leauge.

As someone else pointed out if you don't agree with the vocal minority then you are wrong,deluded,or a taig.Funny old place.Considering some of the remarks made by some of the vocal minority it's very strange indeed.But the results of the poll are there for all to see.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tenerife Bear said:

I read that post the complete other way in that he has brought a whole load of garbage to the club who wouldn't be here if he wasn't.

As aposed to the talented squad we've had under mccoist? Failed to get promotion from the championship fuck me man I'm no saying we've got the best squad ever but it's a hell of a lot better than it was under mccoist 

Our current board think and act like we are one. The majority of our squad are from provincial clubs and our team play like one and have the mentality and character of one. What else are we supposed to look like with all that? 

You know how that old saying goes, if it looks like.......  

4 minutes ago, loyal said:

Not many people are asking too spend what   we haven't got I think the real problem is that the little we have we are  not buying wisely just cluster fucks that aren't improving the team they are plenty of teams out there spending wisely and are at the bargain buckets like us but we are getting fucked over by clubs and by warburton choices if the club did have 20 million would you be inclined to hand it to him.

Mate the problem is the little we have in terms of finances genuinely gets you fuck all these days. Let's take the £1.5 million for Garner as an example, £1.5 million is fuck all in modern day football. When you have teams like Crystal Palace paying off Alan Pardew £4 million just to get rid of him it highlights the disparity and the pond that we now fish in. Until the board provide funds even to buy a £3/£4 million pound player or offering bigger wages to compete against the tarriers, things won't change. 

2 minutes ago, kdybear55 said:

As aposed to the talented squad we've had under mccoist? Failed to get promotion from the championship fuck me man I'm no saying we've got the best squad ever but it's a hell of a lot better than it was under mccoist 

Not exactly a barometer to judge success. AM assembled our worst ever squad in over 140 years. I am 100% sure each and every one of us on here could have improved on that. The standard of the current squad is mediocre, recruitment has been dreadful and management of said squad even worse. This is where we are. Nowhere near Celtic, on a par with provincial non entities, taking 4 points from a possible 12 from the likes of St Johnstone and Ross County despite spending millions upon millions more than all of them. It's actually kind of heartbreaking watching a minority of our support make excuses for him, their heart is no doubt in the right place but their ignorance to the severity of our situation is extremely worrying. As someone said above, we are fast becoming a provincial club ourselves, if we aren't already. 

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Not exactly a barometer to judge success. AM assembled our worst ever squad in over 140 years. I am 100% sure each and every one of us on here could have improved on that. The standard of the current squad is mediocre, recruitment has been dreadful and management of said squad even worse. This is where we are. Nowhere near Celtic, on a par with provincial non entities, taking 4 points from a possible 12 from the likes of St Johnstone and Ross County despite spending millions upon millions more than all of them. It's actually kind of heartbreaking watching a minority of our support make excuses for him, their heart is no doubt in the right place but their ignorance to the severity of our situation is extremely worrying. As someone said above, we are fast becoming a provincial club ourselves, if we aren't already. 

It's not accepting mediocrity, it's being realistic. We've been away from the top table for so long and it will take time to establish ourselves again. Finishing second this season is a must, and IMO I think we will. We then look to go for a title push next season after a full season under our belt and the manager with a better idea of what he needs and a bit more luck on the injury front. No Rangers fan would accept 4 points from those games you mention but we have to be objective and consider our circumstances and where we've came from. 

38 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sorry but it that is just sheer rubbish . The beggars haven't spent that much more money than us .

They have just recruited much better .They also have a Manger who can change the pattern of a game to suit the circumstances.

The side they did have under Deila was regarded as shite . So they have went from shite to much better than us .

All the excuses in the world will not make this guy a winner or make his disgraceful big match record go away .

They've built a 5 in a row winning squad, without any competition and since then appointed a manager who earns roughly in a year what we've spent on transfer fees since Warburton was appointed.

51 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sorry but it that is just sheer rubbish . The beggars haven't spent that much more money than us .

Somebody said on here the other day that their wage bill is 36 million a year and ours is 8 million and that's before you even consider the transfer fees for their players (Simunovic cost them more than our whole team did) and how much their manager is on a week in comparison to what ours is.

I have doubts about Warburton but let's not try and say that celtic haven't spent that much more than us when they clearly have.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Somebody said on here the other day that their wage bill is 36 million a year and ours is 8 million and that's before you even consider the transfer fees for their players (Simunovic cost them more than our whole team did) and how much their manager is on a week in comparison to what ours is.

I have doubts about Warburton but let's not try and say that celtic haven't spent that much more than us when they clearly have.

Celtics wage bill is around £24m, ours is half of that but you are correct in that they have still greatly outspent us on building their team. The team that played against us cost them around £14m but their squad which puts them streets ahead of the rest over a season cost well over £20m to build and obviously over £20m a year to keep. 

On balance I would give more time but he really needs to be ruthless in terms of those who consistently under perform and sort out the wheat from the chaff.

If he is given money in this window to sort out the weakest links in the squad then he really needs to get it right this time as I doubt another chance will be forthcoming. 

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They've built a 5 in a row winning squad, without any competition and since then appointed a manager who earns roughly in a year what we've spent on transfer fees since Warburton was appointed.

And so ? What has that got to do with our managers many failures ?

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

When we were big spenders in 90s and beggars were relatively skint ,it still never stopped then turning us over many times in an OF game .Quite a few back to back victories if I recall 

The spending doesn't come into it IMO 

MW has simply wasted and not recruited well enough 

50 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

As someone else pointed out if you don't agree with the vocal minority then you are wrong,deluded,or a taig.Funny old place.Considering some of the remarks made by some of the vocal minority it's very strange indeed.But the results of the poll are there for all to see.

Why do you still come on here? Your like BP9 all you do is moan about other posters whilst contributing nothing interesting yourself. 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Everything....and I don't think he's failed.

Anyone who thought that we would challenge for the title this season with our current squad is living in a fantasy world.

I accept that some results have  been poor, but you cannot win an F1 race driving a ford fiesta. Thats the difference financial muscle makes.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why do you still come on here? Your like BP9 all you do is moan about other posters whilst contributing nothing interesting yourself. 

Why do you keep coming on here cause all you do and have done practically from day one is do nothing but run everything about the club down.We get it there's not much if anything you like about the club but every second post really.You talking about anyone moaning well laughable.What's wrong you another one who can't accept the result of the poll.Did it not go your way.That's democracy for you.Deal with it and try and move on to your next " let's run the club down post ".

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You brought it up. 

If you're going to discredit the man at least be honest with it. 

And if you can't see how that impacts people's perspective, then I can't help you. 

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

Why do you keep coming on here cause all you do and have done practically from day one is do nothing but run everything about the club down.We get it there's not much if anything you like about the club but every second post really.You talking about anyone moaning well laughable.What's wrong you another one who can't accept the result of the poll.Did it not go your way.That's democracy for you.Deal with it and try and move on to your next " let's run the club down post ".

Why are saying I can't accept the result of the poll? :lol: I think I made the very first reply on this thread and said I understand the point of view of anyone wanting to give him more time I've no issue with that - did that elude you? :lol: 

as for the negative vibes and constant moaning? Guilty as charged but it's nothing that's necessarily untrue tho 

11 minutes ago, Trialist said:

Everything....and I don't think he's failed.

Anyone who thought that we would challenge for the title this season with our current squad is living in a fantasy world.

I accept that some results have  been poor, but you cannot win an F1 race driving a ford fiesta. Thats the difference financial muscle makes.

You'll find many on here wanted to see a close run thing. Do you think at this point in time Rangers should be trailing them by a possible 22 points? If we were about 7 or 8 behind given their excellent start I doubt anyone would have much cause for grumbling. But he had a good nucleus last season as was seen in the semi final. He's not built on that. It's easy to go on about budgets but FFS he's being paid a lot more than mciness and has a miles bigger budget than Aberdeen but we are neck and neck with them. So if it's down to budget as to why the nappy rippers are so far in front then why is our budget not included when discussing our position with regards to Aberdeen?

Warburton's neck is already on the chopping block and DCK will wield the axe when it suits him. If nothing else to take the heat of himself. King aint daft and he needs to come out with the big statements from time to time to bolster his credibility as he sees it. He did appoint MW very cheaply as he does, so he needs to save what little rep. he has. LBH, he does fuck all else, not even getting to games. His only problem is, where will he get the money from to do so. Looking like another gardener deal already.

I say it's not just MW's performances, but the whole sorry saga of DCK taking control, with all inextricably linked and is just one large cluster fuck, so a big thanks to Whitney and SOS, they must be feeling mighty proud.

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

When we were big spenders in 90s and beggars were relatively skint ,it still never stopped then turning us over many times in an OF game .Quite a few back to back victories if I recall 

The spending doesn't come into it IMO 

MW has simply wasted and not recruited well enough 

I remember being at a Scottish cup game in 97 against them and on paper we should have won 5-0 but we lost that game.

Them: John Hughes, Brian O'neill , Enrico Annoni, Stuart Gray , Tosh McKinley etc.

Rangers: Gazza,  Laudrup, Gattuso ,Albertz ,Gough, McCall, McCoist, Durrant, Goram etc

We probably had a bigger gulf in terms of quality over them squad wise than they do over us right now but in one off games they were able to get a result.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why are saying I can't accept the result of the poll? :lol: I think I made the very first reply on this thread and said I understand the point of view of anyone wanting to give him more time I've no issue with that - did that elude you? :lol: 

as for the negative vibes and constant moaning? Guilty as charged but it's nothing that's necessarily untrue tho 

There's nothing about you eludes me.You criticised me and accused me of moaning about other posters,really you accusing anyone of moaning about other posters.Then you admit to moaning yourself.What is it one rule for you and another for everyone else.Really is that how it works.Think you should have a serious word with yourself.As I say we get it you don't like much about the club but like the other sections of the " vocal minority " do you have to tell us in every other post. Take it that's your " interesting contribution " reminding us daily of your self admitted negativity.As I say we get it believe me.

7 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

I remember being at a Scottish cup game in 97 against them and on paper we should have won 5-0 but we lost that game.

Them: John Hughes, Brian O'neill , Enrico Annoni, Stuart Gray , Tosh McKinley etc.

Rangers: Gazza,  Laudrup, Gattuso ,Albertz ,Gough, McCall, McCoist, Durrant, Goram etc

We probably had a bigger gulf in terms of quality over them squad wise than they do over us right now but in one off games they were able to get a result.

There has not been a bigger gulf between us since I've been born certainly (88).  Not because they're fantastic but because we're absolutely horrendous, the table speaks for itself.  

Also to all those who are comparing our budget with Celtic, you should be comparing it with the sheep who are only 2 behind with a game in hand (lets just say a point ahead) of us right now.  None of this is acceptable even considering our budget.  If MW gets his hands on money there's more than a chance he'll bring in more shite and cripple us for further years.

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

There's nothing about you eludes me.You criticised me and accused me of moaning about other posters,really you accusing anyone of moaning about other posters.Then you admit to moaning yourself.What is it one rule for you and another for everyone else.Really is that how it works.Think you should have a serious word with yourself.As I say we get it you don't like much about the club but like the other sections of the " vocal minority " do you have to tell us in every other post. Take it that's your " interesting contribution " reminding us daily of your self admitted negativity.As I say we get it believe me.

Aye but at least I contribute to the forum your contributions is moaning about people moaning - ding ding ding irony alert