Warburton (new poll)

Virtuoso

Warburon (new poll)  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Warburton?

• Go now?
    • Give him more time?

1 minute ago, rangersfcwatp1990 said:

Apologies mate. Finishing third really would test my patience. I like Warburton and I hope it works out for him. He's a gentleman and a great professional. But third place, despite just being promoted would not be good enough for me or most bears. Second is respectable considering it's our first season back. But I expect some sort of funds being injected into the squad. We should be striving to get better not consolidate second place. 

If by any chance that is what the board are planning to do. Then they can just pack the wee briefcases or whatever and leave. 

Don't apologise.

I hope it works out for him too as you say he is a gentleman and a very respectable guy, 2nd place this season will be a great achievement, anyone who thought we'd win the league 1st time of asking is off their rocker.

Next season, providing the Board backs the Manager in the Summer transfer Window nothing less than 1st is acceptable.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Couldnt disagree with any of the above.

Anyone that thinks a new manager coming in with the same budget can wrestle the title from celtic is dreaming.

Unless we get significant investment any improvements we make will be small and take time.

Warbs is reshaping the youth set up, scouting etc. This should be seen as a long term project - there is no quick fix.

Providing we continue to move forward each season i dont expect much more and again unless ours or celtics financial situation changes, then we are going to struggle regardless of who our gaffer is.

Personally i like the gaffer and think he is doing a good job under difficult circumstances. What he needs is backed till the end of season - not people baying for blood to get a worse man in.

I agree, he needs backed. But with what he's got so far should under no uncertain terms get us second. Third or fourth would be a disaster considering how much money we've pumped into our squad compared to the sheep and the junkies in maroon.

I think sponsership will go up in 2017 making us able to flex what financial muscle we got. We should then invest at least 10 million. That could help us wrestle the league of the paedos and get us into the group stages of the Europa. The extra revenue from the Europa league would generate should back up the extra money being put into the squad. If not.... Then we got no chance.

50 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

I must admit my attitude towards Warburton has been up one minute and down the next. I can completely understand why people would want someone else in to freshen things up and try and get more from the players, I did too only 6 weeks ago. I was at my wits end with him, but now I'm of the opinion that he might as well get to the end of the season. 

Lets be honest, the season is beyond any slight glimmer of hope now so our focus is getting into Europe and winning the Scottish Cup. 

I guess what I'm saying is just now I feel he deserves to try for those positions. 

If he fails on those fronts then it's time for him to go. 

Id ask as well for those in the go now camp, would your opinions change if he secured European football for next season and stopped Brenda & Co winning the treble? - genuine question

Would you put your mortgage on achieving either? The SC will be bad enough at this juncture, but getting through the Europa prequal's is quite another matter with this squad and this squad is what we will have. I will put my money on little to no chance as that will be the probable outcome on both counts.

if we get 2nd he'll get next season if not he'll be offski. Can't see us spending anything in Jan, couple of loans. I really hope he goes on to be a success with us but if king doesn't back him properly in the summer he will be hounded out when we get embarrassed in the Europa early doors.

5 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

Don't apologise.

I hope it works out for him too as you say he is a gentleman and a very respectable guy, 2nd place this season will be a great achievement, anyone who thought we'd win the league 1st time of asking is off their rocker.

Next season, providing the Board backs the Manager in the Summer transfer Window nothing less than 1st is acceptable.

I doubt many would have thought we would win at the first time of asking, but it's the manner of performances that cause alarm and if anyone thinks that this team's performances are acceptable they are off their rocker and if anyone thinks DCK is going to splash the cash to bring in quality enough to mount a challenge to the scum is also off their rocker. This team are seriously limited and will win nothing and we are stuck with most of them due to contractual obligations. What we will see next summer though is tinkering, spin and bullshit, followed by another season of abject failure..

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Would you put your mortgage on achieving either? The SC will be bad enough at this juncture, but getting through the Europa prequal's is quite another matter with this squad and this squad is what we will have. I will put my money on little to no chance as that will be the probable outcome on both counts.

Absolutely not, but it's like putting an accer on on a Saturday, I'm not ready to cash out yet ? 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt many would have thought we would win at the first time of asking, but it's the manner of performances that cause alarm and if anyone thinks that this team's performances are acceptable they are off their rocker and if anyone thinks DCK is going to splash the cash to bring in quality enough to mount a challenge to the scum is also off their rocker. This team are seriously limited and will win nothing and we are stuck with most of them due to contractual obligations. What we will see next summer though is tinkering, spin and bullshit, followed by another season of abject failure..

Can't argue with much of that, but what i will do is wait and see what happens before saying any further pieces on the matter. 

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I didn't expect us to win m8 but I was hopeful of a draw.

Me too!

At half time I'd have taken 1-1...they were just getting stronger as the game went on.

Too many guys on here forget that we're trying to catch up after relegation to Div 3 4 years ago, with virtually no income over those years versus Celtic's 5 years in European football and all that brings in!

Fuck sake they were handed £20m+ this year alone!!!

Anybody with any wit knows it'll take time....don't get me wrong, it's hurting me just like everybody else, but I'm a bit more realistic than some on here.

I've said before, we can't spend what we don't have....just remember what happened before!

Never Forget Never Forgive

His interviews are starting to annoy me more and more but that aside, I think 2nd place is where I expected us to be this season.

I'm in a bit of a quandary tho in that I want him to have cash to spend but I'm not sure I'd trust him spending it.. 

I cannot see us buying any players this window .

Id give him till the end of the season . 

Not only is 2nd a must but we need to see a massive improvement in the second half of the season , where the performances and commitment shown against hearts and aberdeen are the norm rather than the exception . 

He has brought nothing but poor players to Ibrox and it's got nothing to do with  a lack of money, defenders that can't defend, a lightweight mediocre bullied midfield and strikers that can't score, a team that can look amateur at times against the bottom teams in the SPL. He is a car crash of a manager and if King hasn't budgeted to replace him then he is not doing his job right also.

Funny thing is ppl saying dont give him any money to spend in the window emm he aint getting any money in the window even if he does stay. In my eyes we have all been done over by Dave king the same man who said we need to spend 40mil to compete with them how much have we actually spent on players? as for warburtons signing you pay less money 9 times out of 10 your not buying great players simple as that in my eyes

If we get rid of Warburton things could get a lot worse.  The board might struggle to find a proper replacement and we'll end up appointing another former player with no coaching experience.  I don't think I could cope with it.  Who could we realistically get anyway? 

His time is up we haven't improved since we won the championship last season imo and to be behind by so many points behind the scum and dropping points against some of the weaker teams when we have the second highest budget is unforgivable. I do think an experienced manager would do better with this squad and not I'm suggesting bring Walter back but there's no way we would be so far behind with him in charge.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we get rid of Warburton things could get a lot worse.  The board might struggle to find a proper replacement and we'll end up appointing another former player with no coaching experience.  I don't think I could cope with it.  Who could we realistically get anyway? 

Nice try with the sarcasm.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

70% want a dud to stay, the events of the last 4 years have left them as damaged goods.

I get this myself tbh ofc we should finish 2nd but if king aint putting the money in the guy cant win i would have thought more ppl would be saying king show us the money

I am not convinced Warburton is the answer, but he has not been given the finances to do the job, nor the time to assemble a good team on the cheap.

I said at the start of the season, we should be targeting around 75pts - I think that is a realistic figure to be considered good for the season, given our starting point 18mths ago - and spend since. 

Currently we have 39pts from 21 games - that puts us on target for 71pts after 38 games.

By comparison the 5 campaigns before the admin season seen totals of totals of *93, *87, *86, 86, 72 - those are with teams laced with full internationals and +£20m spent on putting them together.

*title winning year

1 hour ago, terry739 said:

Me too!

At half time I'd have taken 1-1...they were just getting stronger as the game went on.

Too many guys on here forget that we're trying to catch up after relegation to Div 3 4 years ago, with virtually no income over those years versus Celtic's 5 years in European football and all that brings in!

Fuck sake they were handed £20m+ this year alone!!!

Anybody with any wit knows it'll take time....don't get me wrong, it's hurting me just like everybody else, but I'm a bit more realistic than some on here.

I've said before, we can't spend what we don't have....just remember what happened before!

Never Forget Never Forgive

Correct. We cannot spend what we don't have and what we don't have is adequate funding to make a challenge, and that is exactly why Kingco should never have been allowed near us. Then what we do have, which WE the support provided, has been wasted on many of this squad who should not even be near this league.

Srtip back the lies, spin and bullshit, we are left with an underfunded takeover and loans that add baggage that we can we can well be doing without. So we have both debt and a squad that cannot win anything. 

Our board are at the wrong game in the wrong league with the wrong people. 

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Nor pay the the going rate for a proper replacement.