1. 1. Warburton?

• Go now?
    • Give him more time?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was upto me then go now but totally understand anyone that wants to give him the season or a little more time to prove them wrong. No issues there.

This can't go on like this forever though. There's some fans I've seen comment they're content with yesterday as they expected a hammering (not on here mind you) but we are already down a dangerous road .. 

We need a more experienced manager and for that reason I voted go.

Now would be a good time to bed a new gaffer in as its 3 weeks till the next game.

It won't happen now though but I don't think MW will be manager next season or even after Feb/March time if that other mob move 25-30 points clear then.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If it was upto me then go now but totally understand anyone that wants to give him the season or a little more time to prove them wrong. No issues there.

This can't go on like this forever though. There's some fans I've seen comment they're content with yesterday as they expected a hammering (not on here mind you) but we are already down a dangerous road .. 

And partly that is an investment issue. I don't think the current spending strategy, if there is one,  is not without risk in itself, and may actually result in more of a loss than spending more. We need to give the manager a higher budget.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I didn't expect us to win m8 but I was hopeful of a draw.

2 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Give him some money to see what he can do as that's the least he deserves. If we didn't see almost instant results then bin him. 

So give him £5m and he blows it on shite then we get rid of him and are left with his team of crap + another £5m worse off that the new manager can't spend?

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And partly that is an investment issue. I don't think the current spending strategy, if there is one,  is not without risk in itself, and may actually result in more of a loss than spending more. We need to give the manager a higher budget.

I get that but he's making terrible mistakes as a manager and should be doing better with the players he's got - what limited budget he's got he's not maximised either - I know those two points maybe sound a little contradictory but there's enough of a distinction there for me 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I get that but he's making terrible mistakes as a manager and should be doing better with the players he's got - what limited budget he's got he's not maximised either - I know those two points maybe sound a little contradictory but there's enough of a distinction there for me 

I might not agree with all that you say, but your not being contradictory; you make a lot of good points.

Voted give him more time. 

I don't see the point in getting rid of him mid season when we are half way through his project.

This season was always going to be tough and that isn't me for one second accepting being 2nd best. Let him cement 2nd position in the league and get us into Europe and then it's down to the board to back him financially. 

MW hasn't done himself any favours by spunking 1.8mil on Garner but the majority of his signings he has made with one arm tied behind his back. 

We are still moving in the right direction and although results like Saturday are hard to stomach, in time with patience, money and our support we will get there.

Said at start of December that I didn't think he was the man to lead us to 55 and I still stand by that. In that time, however, he has shown that he is maybe not as stubborn as I had previously thought. He did change it up slightly in the home games v the Sheep and Hearts but we still making the same mistakes over and over again and still not playing to the strengths of the players we do have. 

He has shown that he doesn't know to read a game and adjust the game plan accordingly and sadly doesn't seem to be able to see the current underperformers in our team. 

Our away form under him, particularly in "big" games, is atrocious. 0 points from Hibs & Falkirk last season. 2 points from 15 in away games against the current top 6 this season is shocking. 

What we need at this time is a manager who will get us organised and strong in order to compete while the financial gap remains as large as it is.

Not sure whether it matters if he goes now or at the end of the season but if there were to be changes the next manager should be getting identified now so that he can plan accordingly for next season. 

2 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Voted give him more time. 

I don't see the point in getting rid of him mid season when we are half way through his project.

This season was always going to be tough and that isn't me for one second accepting being 2nd best. Let him cement 2nd position in the league and get us into Europe and then it's down to the board to back him financially. 

MW hasn't done himself any favours by spunking 1.8mil on Garner but the majority of his signings he has made with one arm tied behind his back. 

We are still moving in the right direction and although results like Saturday are hard to stomach, in time with patience, money and our support we will get there.

I actually would give him to the summer I think. But forget the 2 games against the tarriers we've dropped a further 16 points behind them due to our inability to beat shite such as Ross county and ST J 

15 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Give him some money to see what he can do as that's the least he deserves. If we didn't see almost instant results then bin him. 

I sort of go with this but maybe letting my heart rule my head.

What if he continues with his signing policy that has been somewhat less than successful and we end up with more players on 3 or 4 year contracts that are just not good enough.

The board are as culpable as the manager. The reality is we are being measured against a side with 5 years CL money, and who are not hamstrung by convoluted and potentially illegal sponsorship and investment deals. Let's be clear..we do not have anywhere near the budget of the other mob.

In addition his midfield has been destroyed by injury, misbehaviour, et al.

I'm sure he's made mistakes also, but progress has been made, both off and on the field.

OF defeats bring out the worst reaction in all of us, but when the dust settles I cannot think of an enthusiastic, progressive manager that I would replace MW with.

JMHO

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I actually would give him to the summer I think. But forget the 2 games against the tarriers we've dropped a further 16 points behind them due to our inability to beat shite such as Ross county and ST J 

I agree that it's not good enough but I don't think anyone could come in, wave a magic wand and make everything all rosy.

With our budget we should be beating these teams but if we finish 2nd in the league then for this season anyway, it's job done imo.

It's then upto Dave King to provide some funds, Frank McParland to do his digging and Mark Warburton to spend wisely and build us a team to go for 55 with.