Warburton (new poll)

Virtuoso

Warburon (new poll)  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Warburton?

• Go now?
    • Give him more time?

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Correct. We cannot soend what we don't have and what we don't have is adequate funding to make a challenge, and that is exactly why Kingco should never have been allowed near us. Then what we do have, which WE the support provided, has been wasted on many of this squad who should not even be near this league.

Srtip back the lies, spin and bullshit, we are left with an underfunded takeover and loans that add baggage that we can we can well be doing without. So we have both debt and a squad that cannot win anything. 

Our board are at the wrong game in the wrong league with the wrong people. 

If Kingco had the fabled millions to invest, Warburton would have been nowhere near Ibrox.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been given the grand total of £2.8 million to spend. Can't do much when the tarriers have spent 3-4 times as more in the same period. 

He has made a couple of mistakes in the transfer market (Barton and the Polish keeper) but on the whole his signings have contributed to the team last and this season. He has been extremely unlucky with injuries this season. 

He has struggled because he hasn't had the money to buy the quality needed to go to the next level. He has been given enough to finish 2nd but in the end it will be 20+ behind the tarriers. The board need to invest starting in January with quality players. I still do believe he is on track for his 3 year plan and I really do believe he will pull it off. 

27 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

70% want a dud to stay, the events of the last 4 years have left them as damaged goods.

As far as I'm concerned, if he's not making the wrong decision then he's normally making no decision and in football you need to react to what's playing out in front of you. 

Im not having the 'poor players' excuse as they're better than most in this league but he still gets it wrong against an inferior opposition.

We will get 2nd, I have no doubt about that but he's not learning as much as he talks a good game.

MW was always going to be a gamble as was mccoist but we're too big a club to be trying inexperienced managers out as we need someone with a track record. 

My stance remains the same as it was a couple of months ago - I don't think he's the man to take us to the level we require but I wouldn't be looking to replace him until the Summer so long as we remain on course to finish second and seal a return to Europe.

I get when people say he's not had the funds needed to challenge celtic but he hasn't spent the funds he has had well enough for me to trust him with a bigger pot and I still think he's incredibly naive tactically and incapable of making the sort of tactical changes or substitutes that can influence or change a game and turn a point into three points or no points into one.

He's another PLG or if you want to look at celtic to draw a parallel, he's our version of Tony Mowbray.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, say we finish 3rd with no cup, does he still deserve to see out the contract?

Accept fuck all, I expect to to challenge them and better them every year, never changed never will. 

Greeting faced wains patter, 1,000s of bears spend hundreds maybe even thousands a season, to watch shitebags get embarrassed nearly every week this season, so fuck up.

Maybe next year but the first season is too much too soon. The target is top 2 which he is achieving. 

When we start buying dembeles and Scott sinclairs then we can expect to better them

2 hours ago, rangersfcwatp1990 said:

I agree, he needs backed. But with what he's got so far should under no uncertain terms get us second. Third or fourth would be a disaster considering how much money we've pumped into our squad compared to the sheep and the junkies in maroon.

I think sponsership will go up in 2017 making us able to flex what financial muscle we got. We should then invest at least 10 million. That could help us wrestle the league of the paedos and get us into the group stages of the Europa. The extra revenue from the Europa league would generate should back up the extra money being put into the squad. If not.... Then we got no chance.

I agree we shouldnt accept anything less than 2nd. 

Besides the odd exception like Leicester, the clubs with the most money invariably finish above the clubs with less money and usually win the league.

As we have the 2nd biggest budget, i expect we will finish 2nd. Its a fairly simplistic outlook but the best payers attract a better quality player and so on.

We need real investment before we can mount a serious challenge - it wont happen overnight.

I dont want us to get into a situation like Swansea where we  keep changing Managers when the issue may lie elsewhere like the board for  example

Didn't think I would but have moved to the go now camp.Its his inability to be able to adapt and change during games to lead to more positive results.He just can't seem to see or blatantly ignores glaring deficiencies and problems in our play.This for a manager is totally unacceptable.If you allow the same errors to occur again and again especially those leading to goals being scored against us,then to me you are not doing your job properly.He has had more than enough time to sort out our poor defending from set pieces but again it was schoolboy stuff yesterday.If he can't get these basics right then sorry but I don't see a long term future anywhere for him.

Me and the old man are at loggerheads over this. He thinks he needs to go and I think he needs to be given more time. Unfortunately, we have several players who aren't good enough to be Rangers players at the moment but sadly unless serious investment is put into the team that is the pond that we are fishing in at this moment in time. 

I still don't know if there is a real alternative out there that could do a better job with these players. However, my biggest concern despite wanting Warburton to stay is that we concede far too many goals and the way in which we are conceding is a real worry. Warburton has had a long time to rememdy these problems but nothing seems to have changed. The Dembele goal from the corner was absolutely unacceptable and it's not the first time. 

It's ok saying it's a new style of football etc etc but I don't see it being a winning style not with these players and by the time we eventually breed our own it's gonna be an empty stadium, and Ibrox and the supporters don't deserve the wait.

But paying for it in the meantime is another story.

Its a fuckin no win situation we should have been building from going into the third but have we ? 

Spunked money last minute on so called best players in the league  that should have performed allowing us to bring through talent but they showed that they couldn't wear the jerseys now we are basically fucked unless we get a Sugar Daddy which is so unlikely.

Warburton was so promising look fit as fuck water, urine tests, blah blah never hear about that pish noo.

Dont trust his market judgement simple as that, inflexible formation and favouritism, not good enough.

Disgraceful poll,. Give the guy some decent cash to bring in the 5 quality players needed to walk into our first team.

Celtic will out spend us next season again and the board will sit back and except second and make the best manager we have had in years the scapegoat. 

I for one don't forget what the guy has sone  for us on and off the park and loyalty is a two way thing 

4 points from a possible 12 against Ross County and St Johnstone. 

The poll result in no way at all reflects the real opinions of fans across the broad spectrum of social media and fans forums. It's not even close to being an accurate representation. One can then only assume that those voting for him to stay are the same one who are not defending him on here, or on other forums or on social media as those fans have been extremely rare in the past few days and weeks.

I would give him more time so long as we finish 2nd and we have just got promoted back, next season will be a bigger test of Warburton and I do like Warburton but if he can only ever take us to 2nd then he is no use. I do however find his signing policy so far not great, we have Crooks and Rossiter who just don't seem to be getting any fitter. Windass, great player but can't seem to stop getting injured. Sendoros, speaks for himself. Barton, should have ripped this league up but fukked it. Hodson, should be playing every game IMHO but doesn't. Garner, I would love him to make it but I don't think he can He plays only 3 in midfield yet signed loads of midfielders, Ronnie Delia did this and I never understood why. 

When Warburton first arrived I thought it was a benefit that he knew the English transfer market inside out, but now I am not so sure. The worldwide exposure of the English leagues and the amount of money available to English teams means we are unlikely to unearth unknown gems, and get value for money in that market.

Would be good to hear some evidence that we have a scouting network setup to look at players in other countries and compare that to Ceptic and big English clubs so that we have an idea of how far we have to go. Setting up a scouting network should be a straightforward job for a football manager but I would expect that lack of finances is holding us back in that area as well.

To me Warburton should stay, but looking for progress in many areas.   

I don't think this board deserve to use the manager as a scapegoat to prolong their reign. I think if Warburton had more resource he would be able to implement his tactics better and the team would fair far better. I might be wrong about that, but it's just my opinion.

Lack of resource is the main problem and this is down to the board, so I say to stick with Warburton for now. But I would like to add I'm not impressed with Warburton's inability to seemingly use the resource he has to his advantage. His philosophy does not work with the poor quality of player we have, so I would have been more impressed with him changing things to improve the team and get results - results for us is the most important thing - sexy fitba is secondary. 

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I don't think this board deserve to use the manager as a scapegoat to prolong their reign. I think if Warburton had more resource he would be able to implement his tactics better and the team would fair far better. I might be wrong about that, but it's just my opinion.

Lack of resource is the main problem and this is down to the board, so I say to stick with Warburton for now. But I would like to add I'm not impressed with Warburton's inability to seemingly use the resource he has to his advantage. His philosophy does not work with the poor quality of player we have, so I would have been more impressed with him changing things to improve the team and get results - results for us is the most important thing - sexy fitba is secondary. 

What sexy fitba, it's fucking shite and lucky that 80% of the SPL is shite that's why we get shite results against the shitiest teams in the SPL. The mans a dud and so are 70% of voters in the poll, delusional, does nobody watch the EPL and then watch our shite, it's a fucking embarrassment, King and Park are lucky to escape to a different continent, I wish I could.

10 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

What sexy fitba, it's fucking shite and lucky that 80% of the SPL is shite that's why we get shite results against the shitiest teams in the SPL. The mans a dud and so are 70% of voters in the poll, delusional, does nobody watch the EPL and then watch our shite, it's a fucking embarrassment, King and Park are lucky to escape to a different continent, I wish I could.

We have at times played excellently - this you cannot deny, and it is clear this attacking style is what Warburton wants to have us do all the time. Unfortunately we do not have the required player quality to make it work. If warburton was well backed financially and brought in real quality all over the park then fails then of course it's a different story - he should get to fuck. But it complicates things when he has not been backed to any great extent financially because we do not really know what he's capable of as a manager. However, like I said in my previous post I'm still disappointed at his inability to make the best of what he's got and it's cost us a lot of points.

Personally I do not watch EPL so cannot compare, there is only one club I'm interested in - Rangers.

I reckon if you give him a better standard of player and allow him to work with them we could actually have a decent manager on our hands.

I was harsh after a game some weeks ago but we are improving, my one question is over his ability to strengthen our squad with his signing policy.

We need a proper midfield - we don't have the correct balance in there at all.

Im surprised we haven't shipped more goals due to the lack of bite and control in the middle.

I've been concerned that most of the players he's gone for and been linked with are players he's worked with before. OK, that's often the case with managers who will look to bring in a player or two he knows well and knows is free or availabe but I get the impression, perhaps wrongly, that we have next to no scouting network at all and the manager is reliant on who he knows.  He's not been in the game long at all and that may mean the pool of players he has experience of is very small indeed.  Maybe we do have a few scouts but MW has a problem trusting their judgement prefering to go with his own, whatever, the buck will stop with him.

the 20 odd players he's brought in  hasn't improved the side for all that was spoken about warburton being first a youth coach bringing on and developing young talent it's strange that arguably are inform and best players at the moment are the few players that were here  before his appointment  Barrie   McKay   lee  Wallace and kenny Miller 

I voted go now, because I do not think he has the mettle to take brenda on. Not so long ago br was his boss, and he doesn't have the tools or ability to overcome the guy. He's his former subordinate and i think that's the way it will stay.

11 hours ago, Trialist said:

The board are as culpable as the manager. The reality is we are being measured against a side with 5 years CL money, and who are not hamstrung by convoluted and potentially illegal sponsorship and investment deals. Let's be clear..we do not have anywhere near the budget of the other mob.

In addition his midfield has been destroyed by injury, misbehaviour, et al.

I'm sure he's made mistakes also, but progress has been made, both off and on the field.

OF defeats bring out the worst reaction in all of us, but when the dust settles I cannot think of an enthusiastic, progressive manager that I would replace MW with.

JMHO

Good points mate, agree.