• Go now?
    • Give him more time?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Point being he IS our manager and deserves some funds to spend to be judged imo 

He doesn't deserve any funds.

Does giving him £5m mean he'll be able to react during games rather than following his plan that he's made before the game?

Will it instil a belief and resilience in the team?

Will it stop heads going down and the team falling apart any time we lose a goal?

Will it stop him having a ridiculous rotation policy? Some players can play shite for months but still play, others get 2-3 games then a mistake or poor game and their back out the team for months.

None of the above cost money. Just good management/man management.

His away record last year in a league where our budget dwarfed the rest was 50% wins. Continually struggling against garbage away, this year it's probably dropped to 35-40%. What was the excuse for last year when you can't blame lack of funds?

His bigger transfers include a striker that doesn't suit our play, a winger that rarely plays and doesn't suit our style of play either.

New contracts for Keirnan, Holt, Halliday, Tav, trying to get Waghorn to sign a new contract, everyone of them needs replaced rather than rewarded.

Giving him millions to come to the same conclusion that he's out his depth would set us back further.

I must admit my attitude towards Warburton has been up one minute and down the next. I can completely understand why people would want someone else in to freshen things up and try and get more from the players, I did too only 6 weeks ago. I was at my wits end with him, but now I'm of the opinion that he might as well get to the end of the season. 

Lets be honest, the season is beyond any slight glimmer of hope now so our focus is getting into Europe and winning the Scottish Cup. 

I guess what I'm saying is just now I feel he deserves to try for those positions. 

If he fails on those fronts then it's time for him to go. 

Id ask as well for those in the go now camp, would your opinions change if he secured European football for next season and stopped Brenda & Co winning the treble? - genuine question. 

I've wanted him gone for while. This season has been sore on the eyes and the frustration levels have been through the roof.

However, I'm softening a bit and voted to give him more time. The reason being, yesterday proved one thing to me. We are not that far behind the nappy rippers, given that they have money and we don't.  A few quality additions and we could run over the top of this league. My main concern right now is where do we get the money for those quality additions? King & Co are running out of time and need to come up with a war chest for the summer. I'm not fussed about the Jan window, as the season is fucked and we'll finish 2nd with what we have. Give MW next season with a good summer transfer kitty and I think we'll be good to go. There's more pressure on King than MW imo.

20 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Canittims vote on thin It's obvious wway they will all vote. 

So anyone who votes backing him could be a Taig ? Im not IM not INto sacking managers mid season unless IT gets to the situation  where the players have completely downed tools and I dont think we cars anywhere near that situation.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

If it was upto me then go now but totally understand anyone that wants to give him the season or a little more time to prove them wrong. No issues there.

This can't go on like this forever though. There's some fans I've seen comment they're content with yesterday as they expected a hammering (not on here mind you) but we are already down a dangerous road .. 

I would've taken, and be content, with a draw. 

We have to be realistic, if both teams play to their best, they'll win. If we play to our best, and they don't, we're in with a very good shout, at home. It's a sad state of affairs, but I'm only being honest, and not kidding anyone..Cheers!

26 minutes ago, BertContraband said:

He could have achieved 2nd and 19pts behind with last years squad. 

People are fucked off because we have done a transfer full budget on players who have not improved us. 

After that talk of value in and off pitch seemed flawed.

He basically has done it with last year's squad, as almost all the summer signings have contributed sod all. 

some of the players he signed are just not good enough,

we need to bring in a better standard of player or we are

going no where with the lot we have got just now.:UK:              

28 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He doesn't deserve any funds.

Does giving him £5m mean he'll be able to react during games rather than following his plan that he's made before the game?

Will it instil a belief and resilience in the team?

Will it stop heads going down and the team falling apart any time we lose a goal?

Will it stop him having a ridiculous rotation policy? Some players can play shite for months but still play, others get 2-3 games then a mistake or poor game and their back out the team for months.

None of the above cost money. Just good management/man management.

His away record last year in a league where our budget dwarfed the rest was 50% wins. Continually struggling against garbage away, this year it's probably dropped to 35-40%. What was the excuse for last year when you can't blame lack of funds?

His bigger transfers include a striker that doesn't suit our play, a winger that rarely plays and doesn't suit our style of play either.

New contracts for Keirnan, Holt, Halliday, Tav, trying to get Waghorn to sign a new contract, everyone of them needs replaced rather than rewarded.

Giving him millions to come to the same conclusion that he's out his depth would set us back further.

Imo he deserves funds like every other Rangers manager. He has the right idea about the way he wants to play football. I've said it before that I genuinely think he fell in to the trap of Listening to people saying  Scottish football is shite and thought the players he signed in the championship would've just made the step up and it hasn't happened. We need stripped back and let 7-8 players go then spend a few million on a backbone and promote 3-4 of the top youth players. 

This place needs to get real and stop with the uber rangersness. 

If it was a pre 2012 team full of internationals then fine but it's not is it. First season back in regular top flight football this was always going to be a tough year.

He deserves his entire contractual period.

Greetin face wains doesn't even do 90% of the people on here justice. They are a much better team. Something we need to accept. 

1 hour ago, cumnockbear said:

The guy has came in with a 3 year plan, i think he deserves the chance to see that out. 

Mate, say we finish 3rd with no cup, does he still deserve to see out the contract?

6 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

This place needs to get real and stop with the uber rangersness. 

If it was a pre 2012 team full of internationals then fine but it's not is it. First season back in regular top flight football this was always going to be a tough year.

He deserves his entire contractual period.

Greetin face wains doesn't even do 90% of the people on here justice. They are a much better team. Something we need to accept. 

Accept fuck all, I expect to to challenge them and better them every year, never changed never will. 

Greeting faced wains patter, 1,000s of bears spend hundreds maybe even thousands a season, to watch shitebags get embarrassed nearly every week this season, so fuck up.

If the league finished as it stands tonight, there is no way he will lose that job. He will get the time, bar we start slipping down this table. I think it shows the management team to be decent.  They are holding second with the poorest squad we have ever had in SPL. He is being competitive in first season up........and it is not with star players.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, say we finish 3rd with no cup, does he still deserve to see out the contract?

It's a tough one, we have no one else who could come in and do a decent job on the cheap like he has, he's only half way through his 3 year plan and 3rd would get us into Europe.

I know that's not the answer(s) you want to hear but we're stuck with this board and manager IMO for the forseeable.

5 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

It's a tough one, we have no one else who could come in and do a decent job on the cheap like he has, he's only half way through his 3 year plan and 3rd would get us into Europe.

I know that's not the answer(s) you want to hear but we're stuck with this board and manager IMO for the forseeable.

That's fair enough mate, it's probably the most split fans have been in terms of keeping/sacking a manager. 

Still undecided what I want tbh.

5 minutes ago, cumnockbear said:

If we get third then that's truly unacceptable and his card would be marked in my opinion. No way we should be third this year. 

2 minutes ago, rangersfcwatp1990 said:

If we get third then that's truly unacceptable and his card would be marked in my opinion. No way we should be third this year. 

I never said we would be 3rd or want to be 3rd, i got asked by another poster about finishing 3rd and i gave my opinion on it.

We will finish 2nd :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That's fair enough mate, it's probably the most split fans have been in terms of keeping/sacking a manager. 

Still undecided what I want tbh.

We're between a Rock and a hard place right now not only with on the field matter but off the field matters.

If we finish 2nd this season and get a crack at the Europa qualifiers ( and hopefully get through them ) with a stronger squad next season i'll be happy.

How much time do you give a man that isn't capable of signing quality players or knows how to change a game half way through. Or a man that consistently players mediocre players week in week out. Or constantly talks the same Pish week in week out.

I find it unbelievable that 2 thirds of this vote want to give him more time. ?

Just now, cumnockbear said:

I never said we would be 3rd or want to be 3rd, i got asked by another poster about finishing 3rd and i gave my opinion on it.

We will finish 2nd :thumbup:

Apologies mate. Finishing third really would test my patience. I like Warburton and I hope it works out for him. He's a gentleman and a great professional. But third place, despite just being promoted would not be good enough for me or most bears. Second is respectable considering it's our first season back. But I expect some sort of funds being injected into the squad. We should be striving to get better not consolidate second place. 

If by any chance that is what the board are planning to do. Then they can just pack the wee briefcases or whatever and leave. 

1 hour ago, Trialist said:

The board are as culpable as the manager. The reality is we are being measured against a side with 5 years CL money, and who are not hamstrung by convoluted and potentially illegal sponsorship and investment deals. Let's be clear..we do not have anywhere near the budget of the other mob.

In addition his midfield has been destroyed by injury, misbehaviour, et al.

I'm sure he's made mistakes also, but progress has been made, both off and on the field.

OF defeats bring out the worst reaction in all of us, but when the dust settles I cannot think of an enthusiastic, progressive manager that I would replace MW with.

JMHO

Couldnt disagree with any of the above.

Anyone that thinks a new manager coming in with the same budget can wrestle the title from celtic is dreaming.

Unless we get significant investment any improvements we make will be small and take time.

Warbs is reshaping the youth set up, scouting etc. This should be seen as a long term project - there is no quick fix.

Providing we continue to move forward each season i dont expect much more and again unless ours or celtics financial situation changes, then we are going to struggle regardless of who our gaffer is.

Personally i like the gaffer and think he is doing a good job under difficult circumstances. What he needs is backed till the end of season - not people baying for blood to get a worse man in.