The Auchenhowie Stand???

13 hours ago, Ace said:

Don't know for sure but whatever the reason, the proposed building is certainly much more than just a stand with a few hundred seats & I suspect the reasoning for its need is quite sound. 

IMO, using RFFF money to help improve our development squads would be exemplary.

I would also add that there will be no scheme or plan that will have the full backing of every fan, there will always be some form of objection to one proposal or another.

Rather than the money just sit there, gathering dust, I think it should be put to some use

Should the likes of King and our revenue not cover that though? After all according to DJ we can't buy players because he's spent  money on Auchenhowie

at the time this stand was proposed it was mentioned to help us attract a player too ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, gmcf said:

Btw Ace , I've no problem with the money being spent on a stand at Auchenhowie , though personally I'd like the idea of  a ' fans corner ' at a Rangers museum , should we ever get one . But either way , yes , it should be used on something tangible and everlasting . 

My main issue is we should wait just a bit longer to see the outcome of the BTC , because if this final verdict doesn't go our way , there will be the inevitable onslaught of stripping titles from the usual suspects , and I have little faith in our football authorities not standing up to them . It may still be needed for that . 

That's also a perfectly valid way of spending the cash 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Should the likes of King and our revenue not cover that though? After all according to DJ we can't buy players because he's spent  money on Auchenhowie

at the time this stand was proposed it was mentioned to help us attract a player too ?

Why would a stand at a training centre attract players?

Seems an odd thing to say & pretty daft IMO (I know you didn't say it)

2 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Use Club 1872 money for that. Use the Fighting Fund to FIGHT. That is the reason people donated. I notice it tends to be Club 1872 supporters who want to misuse the money. No wonder some don't trust this organisation.

I would say fight what but was reminded about the BTC & upcoming court case, I have no issue with it being used for that, should the Supreme Court uphold the previous decision & action is taken again our club & titles. 

However, what happens if the supreme Court overturns the decision & it's the end of all that, what battle do we hold the cash in reserve for & for how long do we hold it .... 5yrs .. 10yrs.

Exactly how long do we let £500k sit in a bank account when it could be used to benefit the club in some manner?

There is NO situation where every fan who contributed (or didn't) will agree that it's the right thing to spend the cash on, some will react quite vociferously or vocally against a proposal while others will do so in support of it.

Also, there is NO record of who donated what so, you can't poll anyone & ask their opinion either. 

So how, may I ask, do you propose that we decide how this money gets spent?

5 minutes ago, Ace said:

I would say fight what but was reminded about the BTC & upcoming court case, I have no issue with it being used for that, should the Supreme Court uphold the previous decision & action is taken again our club & titles. 

However, what happens if the supreme Court overturns the decision & it's the end of all that, what battle do we hold the cash in reserve for & for how long do we hold it .... 5yrs .. 10yrs.

Exactly how long do we let £500k sit in a bank account when it could be used to benefit the club in some manner?

There is NO situation where every fan who contributed (or didn't) will agree that it's the right thing to spend the cash on, some will react quite vociferously or vocally against a proposal while others will do so in support of it.

Also, there is NO record of who donated what so, you can't poll anyone & ask their opinion either. 

Wonder how much it would cost to gut ED house and create a Rangers Hall of Fame (hate the word museum), or are there other plans for ED house?  

15 minutes ago, Ace said:

Use it to take action against anyone defaming our support. It doesn;t matter whether or not you know who donated. It is a fighting fund, not a projects fund.

6 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wonder how much it would cost to gut ED house and create a Rangers Hall of Fame (hate the word museum), or are there other plans for ED house?  

What is currently in Edmiston House anyway? Is it just empty gathering dust?

6 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Asbestos.

Are you buying or selling?  Would the asbestos issue make the costs of renovation prohibitive?

I am sure there were loads of buildings from that era with asbestos that have been renovated and I thought @thebooler had uncovered some plans related to Ed house.  

11 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Asbestos.

Just saw your name pop up, and realised how much I've missed you!  :love:

Where have you been hiding?  The B&F?? :pipe:

If so, you probably don't know that we've got a raffle on...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/301888-raffle-prizes-wanted/

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/302501-the-big-raffle-advance-ticket-reservations-here/

Please tell everyone in the B&F all about it!  :sarcasm:

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

Use it to take action against anyone defaming our support. It doesn;t matter whether or not you know who donated. It is a fighting fund, not a projects fund.

And who decides what's defamation or offensive, some folk are more sensitive than others  

43 minutes ago, Ace said:

And who decides what's defamation or offensive, some folk are more sensitive than others  

Show me one person on here who does not think JJ's recent blog about Gough was not defamatory. Club 1872 have more money than the RFFF; why not use it to build the stand?

7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Show me one person on here who does not think JJ's recent blog about Gough was not defamatory. Club 1872 have more money than the RFFF; why not use it to build the stand?

Hold on a second, you want to use the RFFF money to defend Richard Gough but when there was a proposal to defend Craig Houston with the very same cash, you & many others went batshit over it ... a tad hypocritical isn't it (!!) **note - I was also against it**

I thought the blog was horrific but do I want RFFF cash used to attack a blogger on behalf of an ex-player, no I do not .. if RG doesn't like it then RG can do something about it, the RFFF cash was raised for RFC & RG is not RFC.

And now you recommend that c1872 use cash for a project, the very thing you're also against ... either I'm confused or you are?

7 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Agreed mate.

If the BTC goes against the oldco then make no mistake they bastards will go for title stripping again.

Yeh , I've no doubt they will . Aided by certain sections of the press and authorities , several members of which are certainly no friends of Rangers . 

Lets just hope it doesn't come to that ?

2 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Are you buying or selling?  Would the asbestos issue make the costs of renovation prohibitive?

I am sure there were loads of buildings from that era with asbestos that have been renovated and I thought @thebooler had uncovered some plans related to Ed house.  

Most buildings from that era contain asbestos in one form or another, It's use is mostly to stop fire from spreading and slowing it right down, Any multistory flats built in the 60's were absolutely full of asbestos in pipe lagging,boiler jackets,bath panels and in interior walls(false walls).

It's absolutely harmless if not disturbed, But more often than not people haven't a clue if there is asbestos there and drill into it or knock walls down,You still see a lot of very old garden sheds with corrugated asbestos roofing.

Edmiston house has quite a lot of it within wall panels and roofing and insulation which may also contain it,You don't have to remove it to refurbish a building and can work round it as long as you don't disturb it by breaking it apart, But as an aside,If Rangers wanted to knock Edmiston house down and rebuild something else,All the asbestos would have to be removed before demolition because of the dangers of the dust from it.

Ibrox primary believe it or not has a lot of asbestos in the school but it's still used every day by all the kids and teachers, The council have marked in the school were the asbestos is and as long as it's not disturbed it's fine.

It's also extremely expensive to have it removed even in small amounts due to the danger to the people removing it along with the disposal of it.

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Hold on a second, you want to use the RFFF money to defend Richard Gough but when there was a proposal to defend Craig Houston with the very same cash, you & many others went batshit over it ... a tad hypocritical isn't it (!!) **note - I was also against it**

I thought the blog was horrific but do I want RFFF cash used to attack a blogger on behalf of an ex-player, no I do not .. if RG doesn't like it then RG can do something about it, the RFFF cash was raised for RFC & RG is not RFC.

And now you recommend that c1872 use cash for a project, the very thing you're also against ... either I'm confused or you are?

I used that as an example because it is recent; maybe I should have used the press reports after the SCF. CH brought his threatened court case on himself so not comperable. Anyway, as you say, RFFF cash was raised for RFC but I was under the impression that it was to pay legal fees.

As regards Club 1872, when did I say cash should not be used for projects?; it is share purchase which I am against as I feel that FO would reduce us to a pub team. Ergo, it is you who is either confused or being deliberately obtuse.

I've seen plenty of people asking why they never show accounts or where the money has been spent and anyone asking is usually pointed to a website that doesn't get updated nor shows the information asked for or at worst they ban people for asking pertinent questions they are entitled to ask.

I also thought that committees had to be re-elected after a certain time by vote and where money is involved Dingwall won't be far away, Strange that he is like the preverbial fly round shite when dealing with supporters money.

Has anyone ever seen any minutes from any of these meetings they have had ? Try asking for them and see the nonsense you get hit with.

From the minute this RFFF first raised it's head,Those involved were falling over themselves,Posting in all the Rangers forums telling people how to donate and were more than happy to answer any questions.. Fast forward and any questions are ignored and minutes of meetings are non existent.

I will give you one guess who's job it is on this committee to supply these minutes of these meetings.. Quite a rounded chap with an ego the size of king kong''s balls and who beats up little boys for selling their own fanzine on his patch.