Celtic withold 40k for damaged toilets.

jcb

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fannies shouldn't be smashing toilets up anyway and I hate to say it but the scum are within their rights to try recoup the cash.

I also don't go with the whole  they smash up our stadium, we smash up theirs but we keep it in-house and cover the costs. If we know where it's happening all the time at Ibrox then get some fkn cctv installed at Ibrox with a direct feed to a screen and then get in there with security and plod and jail the scum. It's not rocket science and it shouldn't be happening year in, year out with an ongoing loss of money to repair the damage.

5 minutes ago, jcb said:

I believe we are wanting Celtic to pay for damage done by their fans at Ibrox on the 31st.

What damage was done ?

If they are withholding £40k of ticket money then it means our own club haven't paid for the damage , This could also have been an agreement between the two clubs regards the ticket money and nothing more than the Sun trying to make something out of a nothing story to once again demonize our club.

But again if it wasn't an agreement and our board are relying on ticket money to pay for it, It's pretty damming on the financial state of our club.

So we have either refused to pay it, Agreement in place to deduct the cost from ticket money or Said we would pay it and haven't and they have got fed up waiting and took the money.

Either way yet another stick to beat us with and so much for keeping these agreements between the clubs, They if true could have just retained this £40k without running to the media, Someone from within the dome of shame has leaked this to the media to tar us once again.

28 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The fannies shouldn't be smashing toilets up anyway and I hate to say it but the scum are within their rights to try recoup the cash.

I also don't go with the whole  they smash up our stadium, we smash up theirs but we keep it in-house and cover the costs. If we know where it's happening all the time at Ibrox then get some fkn cctv installed at Ibrox with a direct feed to a screen and then get in there with security and plod and jail the scum. It's not rocket science and it shouldn't be happening year in, year out with an ongoing loss of money to repair the damage.

You're spot on with this but unfortunately the mongo element of our support will continue to do it every time we go there and defend their actions with the usual "but they done it to us" excuses.

1 minute ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

What damage was done ?

If they are withholding £40k of ticket money then it means our own club haven't paid for the damage , This could also have been an agreement between the two clubs regards the ticket money and nothing more than the Sun trying to make something out of a nothing story to once again demonize our club.

But again if it wasn't an agreement and our board are relying on ticket money to pay for it, It's pretty damming on the financial state of our club.

So we have either refused to pay it, Agreement in place to deduct the cost from ticket money or Said we would pay it and haven't and they have got fed up waiting and took the money.

Either way yet another stick to beat us with and so much for keeping these agreements between the clubs, They if true could have just retained this £40k without running to the media, Someone from within the dome of shame has leaked this to the media to tar us once again.

No idea but i hope video/photographic evidence was taken.

Seems to me we are always reactive rather than proactive in occasions like this.

If damage was done to our Stadium we should have made this public at the time. This makes us look as if we are on the back foot and is yet another stick with which to beat us.

How is the bridge building coming along?

7 minutes ago, jcb said:

No idea but i hope video/photographic evidence was taken.

Seems to me we are always reactive rather than proactive in occasions like this.

If damage was done to our Stadium we should have made this public at the time. This makes us look as if we are on the back foot and is yet another stick with which to beat us.

How is the bridge building coming along?

Who told you the club is wanting money for damage done ? I'm unaware of any damage done, But expect there may be a few broken seats.

5 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Who told you the club is wanting money for damage done ? I'm unaware of any damage done, But expect there may be a few broken seats.

Scottish Sun claiming "Rangers chiefs say they were left with their own repair bill after the match between the sides on New Years Eve".

A BIZARRE Old Firm damage row has erupted after it emerged Celtic withheld ticket cash after chasing Rangers for months over an unsettled bill for wrecked toilets.

The Scottish Sun understands Hoops bosses kept around £40,000 owed to the Ibrox side after failing to recoup money for repairs to Celtic Park loos.

It comes after a minority of yob Gers fans trashed toilets in the away end at Parkhead during the Old Firm clash in September last year.

But Rangers chiefs claim talks over the outstanding bill are still “ongoing” – and said they had been left with their own repair bill after the match between the sides on New Year’s Eve. It’s not been revealed what the nature of these damage claims are.

A source said: “Celtic had been trying to get Rangers to pay up for four months but Rangers refused to stump up the cash.

“Bosses at Parkhead got fed up with being ignored and took the chance to take matters into their own hands by holding back the ticket cash at New Year.

“But Rangers want Celtic to pay for apparent damage caused to Ibrox after the most recent game.

“It’s likely this could drag on for some time.”

Rangers were due around £340,000 in ticket sales from Celtic after the league match at Ibrox on December 31 - which was attended by 7,000 Hoops supporters.

A deal between the sides means the away team sell their own tickets then later hand over the proceeds to the home club.

But a chunk of the cash was kept by Parkhead chiefs frustrated over the Ibrox side’s alleged failure to pay the estimated £40k bill for the damage at the earlier game.

We told how loos in the away section at the stadium were trashed after the derby on September 10 with cubicles flattened and toilet seats torn off.