David Weir on signings so far

King_gazza

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Young Bob said:

I would guess he must believe Rossiter and Garner are going to be fit by the end of the month and the two new signings are going to turn Garner into a prolific goalscorer.

Yeh 7-10 days mate ?

Thank fuck we got our top 2 targets cause I'd hate to think what charity shop our next targets would have been from. Our aim is 2nd in league and European football but we went all the way to the UEFA final and allegedly made fuck all so what is the big deal. I couldn't even tell you when I last watched a UEFA cup game as they are total non events so if this has now become the holy grail then we are most definitely fucked. The tims haven't suddenly become the world beaters that the press would have everyone believing,all we need is a manager who is streetwise and has an eye for a player. How many of the many signings of Warburton have been a success? And the last dozen or so have been a disaster despite us having the messiah mcparland. Maybe he is looking in the wrong market and should try places like Gibraltar where I'm sure you could probably pick up players to give the mhanks a game.

33 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Bit of a worry if these 2 kids were our main targets. There's just so much wrong with that. Yes they are welcome here, yes I will give them a chance but the issue here isn't those 2 as individuals. Our footballing department is a mess. Make no mistake. 

The worry is 2 young lads just getting started have suddenly become the difference between 2nd or 3rd, that is an enormous pressure to put on them. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

The worry is 2 young lads just getting started have suddenly become the difference between 2nd or 3rd, that is an enormous pressure to put on them. 

I understand the signing of Toral but the signing of Hyndman is an on one for me because what we are crying out for in that area is a bit of physicality and experience.

He's no world beater himself but I would rather have see somebody like Diagouraga come alongside Toral.

41 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Well lets be honest this squad has already proven itself to be good enough to finish 2nd.

No sir, this squad has proven itself good enough to reach 2nd place, finishing there is another story altogether. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

I understand the signing of Toral but the signing of Hyndman is an on one for me because what we are crying out for in that area is a bit of physicality and experience.

He's no world beater himself but I would rather have see somebody like Diagouraga come alongside Toral.

Every team we play is more physical and looks far stronger than us. 

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Thank fuck we got our top 2 targets cause I'd hate to think what charity shop our next targets would have been from. Our aim is 2nd in league and European football but we went all the way to the UEFA final and allegedly made fuck all so what is the big deal. I couldn't even tell you when I last watched a UEFA cup game as they are total non events so if this has now become the holy grail then we are most definitely fucked. The tims haven't suddenly become the world beaters that the press would have everyone believing,all we need is a manager who is streetwise and has an eye for a player. How many of the many signings of Warburton have been a success? And the last dozen or so have been a disaster despite us having the messiah mcparland. Maybe he is looking in the wrong market and should try places like Gibraltar where I'm sure you could probably pick up players to give the mhanks a game.

Agree that there's not a lot of money to be made in the Europa league, only thing we'd make more money on is the likes of sponsorship deals & stuff. Also the lure of European football would help us bring in any targets who may not  be getting it at the moment.

38 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

He's 100℅ bang on 

What?  Our footballing department is a mess? Utter tripe.  The previous regime(s) ripped it to bits.  It's being rebuilt.  You don't walk into a shop and ask for a new "football department" and ask for an extended warranty.  Foundations are now in place with a philosophy from the youth up.  At first team level it needs improving and we're learning the occasional sharp lesson in that.  Next summer window is far more important than this winter imo.  We will finish second, next year needs a step up in investment. 

Its a bit deflating that those guys were our top targets. I expected loans to come in, because we have to consolidate second and some quality would give us a better shot at the cup - so some short term loans buys MW some time and there is I suppose the possibility they stay - though in Torals case at least that sounds like a pipe dream

But equally, I was hoping they would be augmented by others: this is not a good team we have  - they need an entire revamp - and that has to start now, not in the summer.  If another transfer window goes by where we simply ignore our defence then we are setting ourselves up to fail. I'll be beelin if we dont sign a better quality CH in this window - or at least try to. 

9 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

What?  Our footballing department is a mess? Utter tripe.  The previous regime(s) ripped it to bits.  It's being rebuilt.  You don't walk into a shop and ask for a new "football department" and ask for an extended warranty.  Foundations are now in place with a philosophy from the youth up.  At first team level it needs improving and we're learning the occasional sharp lesson in that.  Next summer window is far more important than this winter imo.  We will finish second, next year needs a step up in investment. 

Only problem with next summers window is that we need to get the players, who we need for our Euro financed business plan, in immediately and they need to hit the ground running. 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I wonder what the catchy slogan will be this year. 

"Going for 55!!!! Yes This Time We Really Mean It" 

When does front loading become back loading?

Am envisaging us bigging up two "exciting" new signings to encourage us to pay up......... and Miller and Hill being the two rolled out after deadline passes.

56 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Harsh.

We got Bates in permanently and we're investing further in two players who are both the wrong side of 35.

Mustn't grumble.

True i guess. A banner must be in order to thank the board for such investment in the team. It's absolutely fantastic. 

56 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Shite.

Are you a Rangers fan?

The lazy baseless paranoid rhetoric people use when the truth hurts. C'mon mate, get real. What have i posted since joining here that would have anyone questioning my allegiance to Rangers Football Club. Ffs. I love this club and i feel very much part of the fabric and family of Rangers. I am hurting, trust me, i am hurting. It's killing me being so honest and brutal in my opinion but it is very much needed. I have no time for head in the sand blind faith nonsense. That just isn't me. 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

2nd isn't a worry for me. Over the season we will comfortably get 2nd. My issue here is these 2 weans from down south were our main targets when we all know how poor the first 11 is and how much we are crying out for genuine experience and quality, and goals and we all know how far away this squad is from being where we really need to be and were promised we would be by the chairman and manager. Where is the building and planning for the future? For next seasons title push? the signings to challenge Celtic? The players to make us highly competitive? The next batch of heros who are going to fire us to 55? This team is a shambles and 2 kids on loan isn't going to rectify our glaring deficiencies. 

22 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Agree that there's not a lot of money to be made in the Europa league, only thing we'd make more money on is the likes of sponsorship deals & stuff. Also the lure of European football would help us bring in any targets who may not  be getting it at the moment.

We won't last it by the qualifying rounds so it's not much of a lure. Yes more exposure so you might have more people wanting to buy a Rangers top but the only problem is we make fuck all out of it,and this is another thing Pinocchio King was going to sort out,or maybe he's been too busy digging up the floorboards looking for the £30 transfer kitty to pay for any targets we're not enticing at the moment