Reece Oxford

19 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Because he can't be any worse. He can also play midfield which Halliday can't.

Supposedly the Manchester clubs were weighing up a 25-30 million pound bid before he singed his new contract, he can't be that bad.

Aye right.  How many times have we heard this. Hyperbole nonsense, to big up a player who is only 18 and at the start of his professional career. 

No one really knows what he is like tbf 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Aye right.  How many times have we heard this. Hyperbole nonsense, to big up a player who is only 18 and at the start of his professional career. 

No one really knows what he is like tbf 

So are you suggesting we don't sign him?

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We actually build for the future or do want us to just stumble from transfer window to transfer window. 

As for the U20's getting pumped, if you actually had the first clue what you are talking about you would realise what pish you spout. 

What makes you think we aren't building for the future? Playing young players who aren't ready wouldn't be building for the future, that would just be reckless.

I can't claim to have seen much of the youth sides this season, but if you look at recent posts from @The Dude and @Elfideldo, who watch them regularly, you'll see that very few of our young players aren't ready to make the step up at present (not to say they won't be good enough to play in the future).

Are we now a centre for players who either need rehab or game experience?

Don't get me wrong loans can work, the problem is every single one have been kids who have a winning mentality of under 18s football ffs.

We need proven winners, guys with 150-200 games under their belt in the past 5-8 years. Not kids or over 30s. 

16 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

So are you suggesting we don't sign him?

Like I said earlier. From this point on we should be bringing players to this club who are, proven better,  than what we already have to immediately replace some of our current first team - who are basically good enough "squad" players. 

This lad at 18yrs old feels like he will not be the player to immediately replace anyone. 

He will follow the same route as every other teenager who has joined us in the past season or so. 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah am pretty sure we're earning interest on the millions of quid transfer budget we're holding back....

I'm not saying were holding bck money I'm saying I dnt think there letting him sign players on long term deals. U dnt need money to sign players on long term deals there's pre contract deals and players out of contract! I dnt believe the board is convinced wae him! 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Like I said earlier. From this point on we should be bringing players to this club who are, proven better,  than what we already have to immediately replace some of our current first team - who are basically good enough "squad" players. 

This lad at 18yrs old feels like he will not be the player to immediately replace anyone. 

He will follow the same route as every other teenager who has joined us in the past season or so. 

If this deal goes ahead he'll be a certain starter IMO. He's much more highly regarded than any of the loan signings we've had previously.

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Are we now a centre for players who either need rehab or game experience?

Don't get me wrong loans can work, the problem is every single one have been kids who have a winning mentality of under 18s football ffs.

We need proven winners, guys with 150-200 games under their belt in the past 5-8 years. Not kids or over 30s. 

You get what you pay for.

13 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

What makes you think we aren't building for the future? Playing young players who aren't ready wouldn't be building for the future, that would just be reckless.

I can't claim to have seen much of the youth sides this season, but if you look at recent posts from @The Dude and @Elfideldo, who watch them regularly, you'll see that very few of our young players aren't ready to make the step up at present (not to say they won't be good enough to play in the future).

What building are we doing then?

What players have we bought into the first team squad since last summer who will serve us well in the future?

Krancjar, out for God knows how long and very likely won't kick a ball for us again. 

Barton, stupid gamble and gone

Hill, aye he will do us a great service for the next 4/5 years ??

Rossiter, the scarlet pimpernel reincarnated.

Garner, great song but he's here to score goals.

Crooks ??

Windass, has potential but is made of glass  

The fact 3 of those players are anything but the future, 2 have been posted missing and one can't keep his place in the team should tell you all we need to know. We have 3 in now to do nothing but secure 2nd place, ffs secure 2nd place if that isn't an admission of mediocrity then I don't know what is. 

So come the summer we back to square 1 having made no progress and none on the horizon, while those mhanky bastards will probably sell someone for a good few million and strength again on their way to 10. 

But never mind we will have cracking young loan players coming in next January all is well. 

9 minutes ago, OhW said:

So tell me where I'm wrong. Answer my original question about the u20's. What do you know that @Captain Hilts and I have missed? Saying "spouts pish" with no explanation helps nobody.

You spout pish plain and simple. 

As I have been informed by the guys who watch the u20's, we very rarely play the same 11 and most of the team are 15/16/17 year old lads up against full grown men and returning first team players. 

So they will get beat more often than not. 

Im sure your about to tell me why bringing in someone else's young players for 4 months will help the club progress. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What players have we bought into the first team squad since last summer who will serve us well in the future?

Krancjar, out for God knows how long and very likely won't kick a ball for us again. 

Crooks ??

The fact 3 of those players are anything but the future, 2 have been posted missing and one can't keep his place in the team should tell you all we need to know. We have 3 in now to do nothing but secure 2nd place, ffs secure 2nd place if that isn't an admission of mediocrity then I don't know what is. 

So come the summer we back to square 1 having made no progress and none on the horizon, while those mhanky bastards will probably sell someone for a good few million and strength again on their way to 10. 

But never mind we will have cracking young loan players coming in next January all is well. 

There's no denying that last summer was a disaster of a transfer window, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I'm sure you weren't moaning like fuck when we were announcing the Kranjcar and Barton signings about not bringing in enough youth players.

Yes it's been an abortion of a season and it's a disgrace that we are so far behind the scum, but we are where we are. Would you rather we didn't bring in anyone at all?  Like it or not, our board aren't going to cough up the millions of pounds required to bring in quality players from a high level, especially not in the January window. 

I'd be all for bringing in players from the u20's if they were good enough, but as I've already said, from what I've read there's not many of them who are ready to make the step up at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Crooks ??

You forgot Senderos  

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

There's no denying that last summer was a disaster of a transfer window, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I'm sure you weren't moaning like fuck when we were announcing the Kranjcar and Barton signings about not bringing in enough youth players.

Yes it's been an abortion of a season and it's a disgrace that we are so far behind the scum, but we are where we are. Would you rather we didn't bring in anyone at all?  Like it or not, our board aren't going to cough up the millions of pounds required to bring in quality players from a high level, especially not in the January window. 

I'd be all for bringing in players from the u20's if they were good enough, but as I've already said, from what I've read there's not many of them who are ready to make the step up at the moment.

Actually I was ? It reeked of panic stations.

We are meant to be a club that brIngs in young fit hungry players develop them and sell for a profit to benefit the club.

What happened to that plan? 

Whats the point of the loans? Please answer that one. 

What good do they do our club?

Are you seriously saying we cant finish second with this squad without the 3 loan players? 

How do you know what the fringe players can do or not they are never given a chance? 

We will be kicking off a euro campaign in July with this crop of players it could be the shortest campaign in our history. 

And give it a rest with the we are where we are pish, we have had this board for 2 years and this manager for almost 2 full seasons and we are no further forward. So any we are where we are is down to them. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

There were plenty of us on here that said Kranjcar and Barton signings were a joke and got shot down by the usual experts on here. Warburton has shown time after time he hasn't a clue what a good player looks like.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

I didn't say anything about the loan players; I asked you what you meant by saying someone was 'spouting pish' about the u20's.

The original point was that there is no point flooding the first team with u20's who are getting beat most weeks. You said the user who made this claim was "spouting pish".

I then asked what you meant, as it is in fact true that the u20's get beat most weeks. I didn't say it was unacceptable they are getting beat a lot. I said if you were going to bring up the fact that a lot of the players are playing above their age group its irrelevant, it doesn't mean they are good enough for the first team right now.

Like I said you spout pish. 

Have a nice day ?

15 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Plenty of people weren't convinced with Kranjcar being signed tbf.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Crooks ??

I dont disagree with this - for me the disaster of the signings from the main transfer window in the summer has set back MW exactly one year as we haven't made any progress at all. He has made mistakes. However the winter transfer period is always overpriced and dangerous - Loan deals are a viable, cost effective option at this time - every manager says this.

So what  else do we do? buy overpriced players in the winter with money we dont have? sack MW and hand the next summer transfer window to someone else and hope they get it right (because lets be honest, they will have the same resources to work with)? or do we give the guy the chance to get 2nd, have a crack at the cup - with what would essentially be a new midfield - and one more chance in the summer window and hope he has learned his lesson?

Personally, I am for the latter but it comes with the caveat that we do get 2nd and that if cellic are by some magic knocked out then we win the cup, so he hasnt exactly got a free ticket.

Just now, cushynumber said:

I dont disagree with this - for me the disaster of the signings from the main transfer window in the summer has set back MW exactly one year as we haven't made any progress at all. He has made mistakes. However the winter transfer period is always overpriced and dangerous - Loan deals are a viable, cost effective option at this time - every manager says this.

So what  else do we do? buy overpriced players in the winter with money we dont have? sack MW and hand the next summer transfer window to someone else and hope they get it right (because lets be honest, they will have the same resources to work with)? or do we give the guy the chance to get 2nd, have a crack at the cup - with what would essentially be a new midfield - and one more chance in the summer window and hope he has learned his lesson?

Personally, I am for the latter but it comes with the caveat that we do get 2nd and that if cellic are by some magic knocked out then we win the cup, so he hasnt exactly got a free ticket.

I would rather see our best given a chance. 

Whats the point of the loans, we can finish second with the current squad given a boot up the arse and told to pull their finger out. 

I would see the point if we are bringing in established pro's who have fallen out of favour with their current club and are a level above what we have and we are going for 55, but we aren't going for 55 and we can hold on to second with the squad we started with. 

We seem to be the club that other clubs use to blood their youngsters and it's holding us back. 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We develop players for other clubs with loan deals. 

Brilliant 

No we dont. At present we have the sum total of 2 loans in - and they arrrived in the last 2 weeks. They will be here till the season end in the middle of may. Nobody develops in that time - nobody.

They are here to do a job and thats consolidate 2nd and have a better chance in the cup.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Actually I was ? It reeked of panic stations.

We are meant to be a club that brIngs in young fit hungry players develop them and sell for a profit to benefit the club.

What happened to that plan? 

Whats the point of the loans? Please answer that one. 

What good do they do our club?

Are you seriously saying we cant finish second with this squad without the 3 loan players? 

How do you know what the fringe players can do or not they are never given a chance? 

We will be kicking off a euro campaign in July with this crop of players it could be the shortest campaign in our history. 

And give it a rest with the we are where we are pish, we have had this board for 2 years and this manager for almost 2 full seasons and we are no further forward. So any we are where we are is down to them. 

Again, there's absolutely no evidence to suggest we have abandoned the plan that you mentioned.  What exactly are you expecting us to do?  Sell on 5 players every year who have came through the ranks for £10m each?  Dream on.

The point of loaning in young players is to develop them in to better players for them to return to their parent club, and to help the loan club out short term.  Yes, that is the whole point.  Nobody is suggesting that Toral, Hyndman and potentially Oxford are long term options, because they're not.  But you're clearly a negative depressing bastard so you can stick to being sinister about them.  I really couldn't care less.

Regarding finishing 2nd with the squad we have - if the sheep shaggers win their game in hand, they'll be above us, and both them and Hearts have already beaten us this season, so I don't see how anyone can be convinced that our current squad are nailed on to finishing 2nd.

And your last paragraph is just idiotic.  Are you seriously suggesting we are no further forward than where we were with the Easedales and McCoist running the show?  It is you who is spouting pish.

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

So you don't have any knowledge of the u20's that the rest of us don't, you were spouting pish and being an arsehole for no reason. You made a fool of yourself and now you're putting your fingers in your ears and running away. 

I told you about the U20, you on the other hand failed to be arsed reading it. 

Ive given an answer to every point you made  ?

So if you want to spout pish and act like a wanker because it's been pointed out what a load of shit you talk, then feel free we need some comedy on the forum. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would rather see our best given a chance. 

Whats the point of the loans, we can finish second with the current squad given a boot up the arse and told to pull their finger out. 

I would see the point if we are bringing in established pro's who have fallen out of favour with their current club and are a level above what we have and we are going for 55, but we aren't going for 55 and we can hold on to second with the squad we started with. 

We seem to be the club that other clubs use to blood their youngsters and it's holding us back. 

I would rather we make sure with second with some loans than take the risk that this current squad can do it. If you were in MWs position and knew the club had to get 2nd then you would do the same. He knows 3rd is a disaster.

As I said in another post we only have 2 loans in at present and they arrived in the last 2 weeks - so we are not the club that others use to blood their youngsters. In fact i would bet that almost every single club in the SPL has more loans in than we do.