Andy Little on Clyde last night

Junior footballer? :lol:

9 appearances for Northern Ireland, patchy but notable appearances down south at sizeable Football League clubs, and proven in the Scottish professional lower leagues.

He's not Cavani by any means but to say he's junior level is farcical.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

9 appearances for Northern Ireland, patchy but notable appearances down south at sizeable Football League clubs, and proven in the Scottish professional lower leagues.

Was just looking at his van Bastenesque volley v Killie.

Don't know what anybody ever saw in him........?

8 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

He is without a club because he's shite.

Let's not forget that he wasn't a young boy when we were relegated to the Third Division; him and Perry were 23/24 years-old and had hung around the reserves while younger, superior players like Ness, Wylde, McCabe and Fleck had surpassed them to the first team.

If he's lucky, he'll find part-time work in the lower leagues. If not, he'll go to the juniors. That's how poor a footballer he is and goals against guys who had spent the week working 9AM-5PM does not change that.

Him even being a "name" on the football phone-in or whatever it was sums-up Scottish football.

No bother expert

13 hours ago, Essandoh said:

There are better footballers in the junior ranks than Andy Little, believe me.

At best, as I said, he'll secure part-time work as a footballer in the lower leagues of Scotland. He'll be up against the same binmen, postmen and brickies that he done so well against in 2012, but he won't have Templeton, Shiels and Macleod giving him service, it'll be more binmen, postmen and brickies. Then, as he did with us, he'll struggle with the step-up to the Second Division.

Please elaborate on "patchy but notable appearances down south". This will be a laugh.

I would take the Northern Ireland caps with a pinch of salt. He was handed them before he had even made a dent our first team during a period when Northern Ireland were abysmal.

I don't want to see any ex-Bear out of work, but that was a horrible period for our club (The whole administration era) and it baffles me how such a blatantly poor footballer - emphasised by the fact that he cannot find a club - generates shock because he's on the scrapheap.

16 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

At best, as I said, he'll secure part-time work as a footballer in the lower leagues of Scotland. He'll be up against the same binmen, postmen and brickies that he done so well against in 2012, but he won't have Templeton, Shiels and Macleod giving him service, it'll be more binmen, postmen and brickies. Then, as he did with us, he'll struggle with the step-up to the Second Division.

Please elaborate on "patchy but notable appearances down south". This will be a laugh.

I would take the Northern Ireland caps with a pinch of salt. He was handed them before he had even made a dent our first team during a period when Northern Ireland were abysmal.

I don't want to see any ex-Bear out of work, but that was a horrible period for our club (The whole administration era) and it baffles me how such a blatantly poor footballer - emphasised by the fact that he cannot find a club - generates shock because he's on the scrapheap.

He had 5 goals in 10 SPL games pre-relegation, including one v them.

Bit harsh on someone who's development was interrupted by our demotion, but who chose to stick with us.

I thought those who remained & saw us through it were to be remembered as heroes.

Maybe heroes is a bit strong, but fondly, at least.

Anyway, easier to stick the boot into someone who's gone, instead  of the current shower of impostors.

17 hours ago, HG5 said:

He had 5 goals in 10 SPL games pre-relegation, including one v them.

Bit harsh on someone who's development was interrupted by our demotion, but who chose to stick with us.

I thought those who remained & saw us through it were to be remembered as heroes.

Maybe heroes is a bit strong, but fondly, at least.

Anyway, easier to stick the boot into someone who's gone, instead  of the current shower of impostors.

I'm not having this. Have you ever heard of the phrase "there are lies, damn lies and statistics"? It's very fitting in Little's case, here.

Do you remember his two goals at Tynecastle that season? His first, he mis-hit a volley from six yards out which accidentally looped in and for his second, Wallace put him through one-on-one with the net rather than scoring himself. I was there, Aluko scored a free-kick, and Little was atrocious.

I've never seen a player look more out of his depth than he did at Parkhead when we lost 3-0, around April of that season.

Development? Development?! Little's development was interrupted by a failure to break into our first team and an abysmal spell on loan at Port Vale. Him and Perry were 22/23 when we were demoted; they were not young boys. As I said, younger and much better players (Fleck, Wylde, McCabe, Ness, etc.) passed them en route to our first team long before demotion bought those two a golden ticket.

Nor did he hang around for us. He was out-of-contract and no-one else wanted him, so he had no other option than to accept the offer that world's best scout and judge of a footballer, McCoist, made him. Little didn't transfer his contract over to the new holding company because he didn't have a contract with us.

Trust me, I could equally rant about Perry, too. Ever since that day we lost at Tannadice when Perry bottled it and Little crumbled, I've had zero time for them as footballers. They are both up there with the worst footballers I've ever seen wear a Rangers jersey.

5 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I'm not having this. Have you ever heard of the phrase "there are lies, damn lies and statistics"? It's very fitting in Little's case, here.

Do you remember his two goals at Tynecastle that season? His first, he mis-hit a volley from six yards out which accidentally looped in and for his second, Wallace put him through one-on-one with the net rather than scoring himself. I was there, Aluko scored a free-kick, and Little was atrocious.

I've never seen a player look more out of his depth than he did at Parkhead when we lost 3-0, around April of that season.

Development? Development?! Little's development was interrupted by a failure to break into our first team and an abysmal spell on loan at Port Vale. Him and Perry were 22/23 when we were demoted; they were not young boys. As I said, younger and much better players (Fleck, Wylde, McCabe, Ness, etc.) passed them en route to our first team long before demotion bought those two a golden ticket.

Nor did he hang around for us. He was out-of-contract and no-one else wanted him, so he had no other option than to accept the offer that world's best scout and judge of a footballer, McCoist, made him. Little didn't transfer his contract over to the new holding company because he didn't have a contract with us.

Trust me, I could equally rant about Perry, too. Ever since that day we lost at Tannadice when Perry bottled it and Little crumbled, I've had zero time for them as footballers. They are both up there with the worst footballers I've ever seen wear a Rangers jersey.

That's some level of hate you're carrying there.

I'll leave you to it.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

That's some level of hate you're carrying there.

I'll leave you to it.

Hatred? Not at all. How can I hate an ex-Rangers player? All of what I said is factual because I've followed Rangers up and down the country, it's based on fact.

When people like you talk about one lucky re-bounded tap-in against Celtic or suggest that our demotion in some way interrupted a career destined for greatness, I'm inclined to correct you.

Hes currently unemployed because he's a woeful footballer.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Hatred? Not at all. How can I hate an ex-Rangers player? All of what I said is factual because I've followed Rangers up and down the country, it's based on fact.

When people like you talk about one lucky re-bounded tap-in against Celtic or suggest that our demotion in some way interrupted a career destined for greatness, I'm inclined to correct you.

Hes currently unemployed because he's a woeful footballer.

Like I said, I'll leave you to it.

'correct me' indeed.

I think Morton were thinking about giving him a contract if quitongo (sp) left but obv didn't need both. Maybe with them getting us in the cup it might give them extra revenue to sign him until end of season. Anyways never really rated him at us but he did always give 100 percent 

Roasted by McGeady on his debut and faked an injury - thank god he moved upfront.

Liked him going through the leagues but looking back can now accept he wasn't good enough.

Heard he was trying to whore himself out to SC nights etc. for an extortionate price, even while at the club - don't kid yourself he's doing all this PR for no personal gain.

On 27 January 2017 at 7:28 AM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Agree with this. He was a decent finisher in the lower leagues but he had no all round game at all. His NI caps were based on the fact that he played for us and had potential. Fact he hasn't had a cap since 2013 speaks volumes. He's an Irish league standard player, he should get on the blower to David Healy and see if Linfield will take him. 

Seems that any time an ex player says good things about us then people start bigging them up and acting like they're better than they actually were.

Little was a decent enough player for the league we were in, but the current squad struggles at times in the SPL and I don't think Little would even get a place in this squad let alone one that's trying to win the league.

Wish him all the best and its good that he's a Rangers man and still respects and loves the Club but folk should just leave it at that instead of making him out to be something he's not.

And while everyone loves a player who can score goals, scoring in the lower leagues doesn't make any player the next Ronaldo, Nicky Clark scored 40 odd goals in the season before he signed for us yet he wouldn't even get a mention in the current squad

1 hour ago, Cumbria_blue said:

Agree with this. He was a decent finisher in the lower leagues but he had no all round game at all. His NI caps were based on the fact that he played for us and had potential. Fact he hasn't had a cap since 2013 speaks volumes. He's an Irish league standard player, he should get on the blower to David Healy and see if Linfield will take him. 

Well said, we could've signed Christopher Reeves and he'd have got in the NI squad simply for the fact he was signed for Rangers :lol: means nothing really imo