Frank McParland

simplythebest

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Every signing MW made in the summer he arrived was a success.

More or less every signing since McParland came in has been a failure.

Think that's a bit of a stretch tbh (every signing last year a success) Wilson and Kiernan and Halliday still had plenty critics but got away with it as it was a lower level 

The Polish goalkeeper was awful and Odowa was pretty shite too

The American boy from Arsenal was a bit meh and I liked Ball but he was a squad player 

but regarding McParland there's something about him I just don't trust. There's people I've seen all my days that seem to have made a good living from football for reasons unknown to me and he's one of them. Best in the business my arse he's a wee fraud.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like we are just trying to rely on connections that MW and McParland have in the leagues in England mainly the lower divisions and getting handouts from them with loans. It is very shortsighted. I am certain if we even for once looked at Eastern Europe or Scandinavia for players to sign we would find some good players that are better than the lower divisions in England can give us and also cheaper and also sure leagues like Turkey, Greece or Belgium etc we could look at getting players on loan from that are also better than English leagues which is overpriced rubbish. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Depends how you determine success. Would i call Waghorn, Tavernier and Kiernan success's? That's 3 liabilities right there. Holt and Halliday of absolutely no use to us at this level either. Wilson, not good enough. Oduwa useless. Zelalem anonymous. Ball just ok but ultimately not good enough either. Forrester, not good enough.

Not summer window but latterly that season Polish keeper a joke. Billy King, just ok at that level, MOH, financial disaster. 

Couldn't agree more about McParlands time here though. 

Bottom line is, since MW was appointed our transfer business has been shambolic, desperate, not good enough, poorly thought out and rash. It's been disastrous. 

Success in my eyes last year was building a team from scratch capable of winning the championship. 

This year add players to that who make the team stronger. I'd say we're pretty much the same as where we were this time last year with the exception if Hill and Garner at a push. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Think that's a bit of a stretch tbh (every signing last year a success) Wilson and Kiernan and Halliday still had plenty critics but got away with it as it was a lower level 

The Polish goalkeeper was awful and Odowa was pretty shite too

The American boy from Arsenal was a bit meh and I liked Ball but he was a squad player 

but regarding McParland there's something about him I just don't trust. There's people I've seen all my days that seem to have made a good living from football for reasons unknown to me and he's one of them. Best in the business my arse he's a wee fraud.

They were a success in terms of they all contributed and got us out the championship. 

Success now is a different argument.

I'm not a fan of his, I started a thread a few months back saying exactly what the OP is saying and got pelters for being too negative. 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

They were a success in terms of they all contributed and got us out the championship. 

Success now is a different argument.

I'm not a fan of his, I started a thread a few months back saying exactly what the OP is saying and got pelters for being too negative. 

Aye I can imagine there's some that think he's wonderful and it's a honour to have the great man here 

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Success in my eyes last year was building a team from scratch capable of winning the championship. 

This year add players to that who make the team stronger. I'd say we're pretty much the same as where we were this time last year with the exception if Hill and Garner at a push. 

Spending £6.3m per year on wages to win the Scottish 2nd tier? Half a million on MOH, just for the championship? Really mate? 

We were told those signings were not just for the Championship but for the Premiership too, for the long term, some even given new longer contract, that for me, equals failure. 

We are very similar to last year yeah i agree, 7 or 8 of last years team are still in the starting 11, maybe even more actually. It's scandalous how the football department have got away with it. 

We are trawling bargain basement bins as we dont have a lot of poppy. Shouldnt be a surprise to anyone on here!

I think we have been unlucky with injuries etc, particularly in midfield with the guys recently brought in.

Only real money spent was on Garner  - full of effort but wouldn't consider him as good value for money.

My view is i can see glimpses of really good possession based play with a budget price squad, and it can at times be great to watch.

I have said this before - how would Warbs figure with a normal Rangers budget??  

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

We are trawling bargain basement bins as we dont have a lot of poppy. Shouldnt be a surprise to anyone on here!

I think we have been unlucky with injuries etc, particularly in midfield with the guys recently brought in.

Only real money spent was on Garner  - full of effort but wouldn't consider him as good value for money.

My view is i can see glimpses of really good possession based play with a budget price squad, and it can at times be great to watch.

He's shown he can't prioritise and attempt to address key areas regardless of budget. In fact it's scary to think what he'd do with a normal budget imo he'd buy 9 midfielders and two back-up goalies.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Well considering the actual fees we have spent thus far I wouldn't be too confident.

500k on MOH

£2 million on Garner

I mean it's not loads granted but for that money you expect players capable of actually looking like good players in this league.

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Spending £6.3m per year on wages to win the Scottish 2nd tier? Half a million on MOH, just for the championship? Really mate? 

We were told those signings were not just for the Championship but for the Premiership too, for the long term, some even given new longer contract, that for me, equals failure. 

We are very similar to last year yeah i agree, 7 or 8 of last years team are still in the starting 11, maybe even more actually. It's scandalous how the football department have got away with it. 

I actually have some sympathy for Warburton in that respect as after watching some of these players last year I expected them to be able to cope better than what they are after making the step up. Guys like Waghorn, Tav, Halliday, Wilson and MOH I expected a lot more from this season. 

4 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I actually pointed out about lack of money in the OP and that's another big reason to try and expand our search area when it comes to new signings

51 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Done pretty well against Thistle as well.

Hodgson, to me, looks a far more consistent player than Tav. Tav has a moment of brilliance every now and then, but not enough.

Tav is a far better player than Hodson  he offers us much more going forward  however he seemed to lose confidence after the Hearts game but in least game showed signs he is finding form again. Hodson is  quite poor and his lack of height and pace are a big disadvantage I don't even think he is a good stand in  

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Well considering the actual fees we have spent thus far I wouldn't be too confident.

500k on MOH

£2 million on Garner

I mean it's not loads granted but for that money you expect players capable of actually looking like good players in this league.

MOH does look like a decent enough player in the right sort of games. I dare say he'd be an asset if we are in the Europa league next year. Whether he is still here or not is another question.

I've only ever seen this site refer to £2m. Wikipedia has him at £1.5m. We don't know how much was up front. Regardless, I'd agree that Garner looks a limited player albeit excellent in the air and full of energy. I argue that he too makes a difference in certain games, but for that money we need better. Trouble is finding the kind of player we need for that dosh is more difficult than it was 5 years ago

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

MOH does look like a decent enough player in the right sort of games. I dare say he'd be an asset if we are in the Europa league next year. Whether he is still here or not is another question.

I've only ever seen this site refer to £2m. Wikipedia has him at £1.5m. We don't know how much was up front. Regardless, I'd agree that Garner looks a limited player albeit excellent in the air and full of energy. I argue that he too makes a difference in certain games, but for that money we need better. Trouble is finding the kind of player we need for that dosh is more difficult than it was 5 years ago

It's difficult if you are doing your business down south as the English leagues are ridiculously overpriced. There is plenty of talent out there far and wide but we need to expand our network and thinking if we are to make the most of it. I understand England is Warburton and Franks market but we just can't compete in it just now...

1 minute ago, Pearson83 said:

Correct me if am wrong as am not sure but if he is a scout then why is he at all our games home and away most away games he's on bench i don't understand that? Should he not be watching other teams? I think he's getting paid for fuck all now. 

This has been raised before on here it's a genuine question. 

Eskbank and Stepps Boy have alluded to all or most of our signings having the same agent and they are all mates. I'd like to know more about this if it's true 

11 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Tav is a far better player than Hodson  he offers us much more going forward  however he seemed to lose confidence after the Hearts game but in least game showed signs he is finding form again. Hodson is  quite poor and his lack of height and pace are a big disadvantage I don't even think he is a good stand in  

He CAN be a far better player, but rarely shows it. I think Hodgson has far more brains and is far more consistent. Far better defender as well.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

This has been raised before on here it's a genuine question. 

Eskbank and Stepps Boy have alluded to all or most of our signings having the same agent and they are all mates. I'd like to know more about this if it's true 

It is nothing new: Walter got his players from one Italian agent in his first spell.Eck from Willie McKay.Le Quen from Austria Vienna.McCoist from the useless and finished bin.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's difficult if you are doing your business down south as the English leagues are ridiculously overpriced. There is plenty of talent out there far and wide but we need to expand our network and thinking if we are to make the most of it. I understand England is Warburton and Franks market but we just can't compete in it just now...

:tu: 

On the money GF ....

They need to get out of their comfort zone and look further afield ..... MW himself has continually stated "If The Rangers and one other club are going for the same player down south ... we will lose out ... because we don't have the financial muscle".

You can't flog a dead horse .... time to look elsewhere as you say .... expand our network.

:UK:

18 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I actually pointed out about lack of money in the OP and that's another big reason to try and expand our search area when it comes to new signings

Well I agree with you then?

we could always bring in another Cribari or Moshni I guess, kidding aside its tough to attract decent players here as we are so close to England, only the difference in finance is night and day

24 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

500k on MOH

£2 million on Garner

Yeah I did say Garner didn't represent good value. MOH could be useful if played in certain games through the middle

27 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's shown he can't prioritise and attempt to address key areas regardless of budget. In fact it's scary to think what he'd do with a normal budget imo he'd buy 9 midfielders and two back-up goalies.

Ha ha - he does like a midfielder, bit of a poor mans Wenger.

not sure I wholly agree with prioritising key areas bit. The midfield needed strengthening between injuries and Holt/Halliday not cutting it.

Maybe a striker would have been handy, but January isn't ideal and we may get our wish in the Summer with the lure of European football. Waghorn & Miler will need changed anyway by that time.

In my view the defence is adequate. Two young guys & two old guys at centre half with ok cover at fullback.