KingKirk

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tav's Bandage said:

He simply doesnt have the mentality to be a Rangers manager.

I know this is cliche but imagine this team going into face Walter or Souness or any commanding manager.

Souness would have rightly punched fuck out of a few of them.

Even when i seen the subs coming on (Windass and Forrester) - we are a team of actual poofters with no fight whatsoever.

I think Windass gave the ball away every time he had it last night.

And Forrester costing us a second goal at the same venue by being offside.

Not the impact we were looking for!

That said, it can't have been easy, coming into a midfield which had been completely destroyed by that point in the match.

4 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I thought as I wrote that post about how the opposition should worry about us when things like Halliday's stray passes are more likely give us something to worry about. With better players we could afford ourselves the luxury, and it's \an interesting observation that we do like for like subs; I never thought about it like that before, but in a way it makes sense that you don't see the opposing team change much to adapt to us. Maybe his fault is his loyalty to players. I admire it to a degree, because he will carry the can if it goes bad, but he can't continue doing that. The omission of Dodoo baffles me completely, because after those goals he scored, albeit against Partick Thistle, he should have been a certain starter in my opinion. You're right about how he conducts himself, and I agree fully. Listen, I will always defend Rangers managers, I am most probably wrong, I stuck by Ally, Walter, Le Guen, and Advocaat, so no-one should have any problem proving me wrong, I think I have enough self doubt to admit I am most likely wrong, but I still back Warburton. Whether he stays or goes I don't know; last night I became a little more persuaded he could go at the end of the season.

me too. I want him to start on saturday.

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

But you had him down rather passively asking the players what they should do. I read that differently, and in fact if you have academic students, or any team working on a project you will ask what their opinions are. You demeaned that with some archaic situation of the cliche coach going in and reading the riot-act. You suggest that he lacks motivational skills, purely because of that illustration, which Derek Johnstone, who i regard highly by the way, heard from someone else. I'd rather hear it from someone actually there. If that is Warburton's style then it worked well at Brentford, players of calbre who have gone on to better and higher things speak well of him; what is their opinion do you think? Not once have I heard that he lacks the ability to motivate.

Yeah he's clearly a brilliant motivator that's why we've taken 0 points out of 24 away from home against Falkirk,Hearts,Hibs,Celtic and Aberdeen.

As for his time at Brentford the first thing they did when he left is bring in a defensive coach which tells it's own story.

Frankly I really could not care less if the guy signed a player for 20p at Brentford and sold him for £20m two months later his signings at Rangers have been pish.

Just now, Albertz 78 said:

Yeah he's clearly a brilliant motivator that's why we've taken 0 points out of 24 away from home against Falkirk,Hearts,Hibs,Celtic and Aberdeen.

As for his time at Brentford the first thing they did when he left is bring a defensive coach which tells it's own story.

Frankly I really could not care less if the guy signed a player for 20p at Brentford and sold him for £20m two months later his signings at Rangers have been pish.

Most of this post is nothing to do with the one that I originally replied to. For every away record there is a home record; not bad for someone who can't motivate players. I expect you won't credit Warburton with the development of McKay and Foderingham either.

6 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

So what you are saying is that there are some players in that team who are not developing, and not learning? When you sum it up like that can I take it you are dismissing the comeback against Motherwell; or the way we played after going down 10 men the week after? Someone disagreed with me on here last night, but it looked as if we had the winning of that game when we equalised; I even said to someone I was watching the match with that we were winning this. We nearly scored another, their goalkeeper made a great save. Halliday did something so basic that I still can't understand why he let the ball drag across him into no man's land when he was being closed down, in that part of the park. That second goal of theirs is not something we coped well with, and I think that was because we thought were the better side up until  it was scored; dealing with that kind of frustration is testing quite a few in that team and has done during the season. Going a goal down in a game we had tried so hard to get back into was deflating, and we lacked character and leadership; but to say that the whole team is bad because of that goal is slightly off the mark, or that there have not been times where we have played better is misleading. Wes shouldn't passed to Halliday, and Halliday shouldn't have tried to be complicated on the ball in that area. That, ultimately, cost us the game. 

Stop talking sense man. It doesn't go down well on RM.:mutley:

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I remember thinking this is the poorest Aberdeen team we have faced in many a year and we still could not win.

:justno:

In fairness mate ..... we were blatantly robbed, as their winner was the result of a free kick that was similarly blatantly NOT a free kick.

We played well at shitroddrie and should have come away with at least a draw ..... but we were genuinely robbed.

:UK:

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:justno:

In fairness mate ..... we were blatantly robbed, as their winner was the result of a free kick that was similarly blatantly NOT a free kick.

We played well at shitroddrie and should have come away with at least a draw ..... but we were genuinely robbed.

:UK:

We were but we should have killed the game off anyway as Aberdeen were shite.

22 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Most of this post is nothing to do with the one that I originally replied to. For every away record there is a home record; not bad for someone who can't motivate players. I expect you won't credit Warburton with the development of McKay and Foderingham either.

Aye his home record? We could not beat the mighty Alloa athletic at home under him last season and have failed to beat Ross County this season.

As for McKay he made his debut for Rangers 2 and a half years before MW even came to the club so I don't know how he had a major hand in his development? While he did give him a regular game that would have probably happened anyway no matter who the manager was given the money situation 

Foderingham was 25 when signed so again I can't see how MW had any hand in his development?

51 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Heard big DJ talk about something similar on radio a few months back.

Apperntly MW goes into the dressing room and asks his players what to do next at half time rather than telling them what to do like a genuine manager should be doing. Warbs is the 2nd highest paid manager in the league but can't actually motivate a team to show a bit of fight when the chips are down.

Its not necessarily wrong, you lead them to realise what they need to do and therefore get their buy in to do it (cos they think of it) but as mentioned, it generally works with people who have a brain and perhaps we have a team of dunderheeds? Maybe they are all doing an emperors new clothes and nodding when they don't actually know the fuck that is going on.

Just now, Albertz 78 said:

Aye his home record? We could not beat the mighty Alloa athletic at home under him last season and have failed to beat Ross County this season.

As for Mckey he made his debut for Rangers 2 and a half years before MW even came to the club so I don't know how he had a major hand in his development? While he did give him a regular game that would have probably happened anyway no matter who the manager was given the money situation 

Foderingham was 25 when signed so again I can't see how MW had any hand in his development?

Two seasons ago, when McKay was 20, he wasn't even an option for the then management. To say that it was only a matter of giving regular games exposes not just your overall contradiction, but the ignorance in your points. Wes was 25, which is young for a GK, and he has came on leaps and bounds since he joined here. He is the best shot stopper in this league. Jim Stewart doesn't get enough credit at the best of times, and he deserves a lot of credit there.

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Two seasons ago, when McKay was 20, he wasn't even an option for the then management. To say that it was only a matter of giving regular games exposes not just your overall contradiction, but the ignorance in your points. Wes was 25, which is young for a GK, and he has came on leaps and bounds since he joined here. He is the best shot stopper in this league. Jim Stewart doesn't get enough credit at the best of times, and he deserves a lot of credit there.

Ok let's accept your point about Fod that's one player out the 23 he's signed that he has developed into a better player not a very good case for his defence is it?

We should just ignore the millions wasted on Garner, Barton, Niko, Crooks, Rossiter etc just cause MW has made one signing that's been good?

5 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

Ok let's accept your point about Fod that's one player out the 23 he's signed that he has developed into a better player not a very good case for his defence is it?

We should just ignore the millions wasted on Garner, Barton, Niko, Crooks, Rossiter etc just cause MW has made one signing that's been good?

Well I think it is and I ask you this. Suppose none of the team is at the club right now, and Warburton is recruiting in the summer. Who do you think out of that squad, and it's his choice alone, that he would sign based on what he has found out about the demands of the club etc, if he was given a decent budget?

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Well I think it is and I ask you this. Suppose none of the team is at the club right now, and Warburton is recruiting in the summer. Who do you think out of that squad, and it's his choice alone, that he would sign based on what he has found out about the demands of the club etc, if he was given a decent budget?

I think signing players at £1.8m and being able to bring in guys on 10-15k a week in some cases is more than a decent budget in SPFL terms. Hearts signed 9 free transfers and got shot of 12 players in the space of a few weeks but destroyed Rangers the other night.

In answer to the question of who he would bring in? Well he's already gone on record as saying he has no regrets about signing Barton so that on it's own should set alarm bells ringing. 

I'm sure he might not have signed most of the players he did last summer in hindsight but this guy is getting paid thousands per week so he should be making the correct signings for the budget he has been given no matter how much that is.

The fact is he signed 14 players in 2016 and the best of the bunch was a 38 year old journey man CB.

5 minutes ago, Albertz 78 said:

I think signing players at £1.8m and being able to bring in guys on 10-15k a week in some cases is more than a decent budget in SPFL terms. Hearts signed 9 free transfers and got shot of 12 players in the space of a few weeks but destroyed Rangers the other night.

In answer to the question of who he would bring in? Well he's already gone on record as saying he has no regrets about signing Barton so that on it's own should set alarm bells ringing. 

I'm sure he might not have signed most of the players he did last summer in hindsight but this guy is getting paid thousands per week so he should be making the correct signings for the budget he has been given no matter how much that is.

The fact is he signed 14 players in 2016 and the best of the bunch was a 38 year old journey man CB.

Yeah, but I'm also talking about the 2015 signings, because a raw nucleus of those players don't just play marginal role in the side, they are very much in the mainstream of the side. This team struggled in the Championship, and in way you agree with that with your Alloa example? With Barton, this is more diplomatic in my opinion, nothing else. That he signed a 38 year old, and i don't think he is a journeyman but I take your point, surely vindicates him on the limitations he faces?