• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Thats just manager talk IMO....I think he will know there is a problem 

I think you're right, but there are times the 'manager talk' is just not suitable.

This is one such &, if he's as bright as folk claim, he should bloody well know that by now.

He should also know that he'll be picked up on it after every one of these events & should have a better stock answer up his sleeve.

51 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Thats just manager talk IMO....I think he will know there is a problem 

Which then makes it a case of him being wilfully blind to remedying the problem and living in some sort of hope that somehow, someday, the problem will just sort itself out.   Its certainly not being fixed by any sort of evident management intervention.   

His refusal to engage on questions about away form against those closest to us in the league clearly indicates he knows there is a problem.    The refusal to engage is symptomatic of someone who does not know what to do about it and who certainly does not want to speak about it.   Head in sand it seems.

7 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Which then makes it a case of him being wilfully blind to remedying the problem and living in some sort of hope that somehow, someday, the problem will just sort itself out.   Its certainly not being fixed by any sort of evident management intervention.   

His refusal to engage on questions about away form against those closest to us in the league clearly indicates he knows there is a problem.    The refusal to engage is symptomatic of someone who does not know what to do about it and who certainly does not want to speak about it.   Head in sand it seems.

I think a few times we have got lucky and stumbled across a formation that worked remember Tav not the best but bolstering the Midfield and Hodson at the back certainly helped the defence but after that worked reasonably well but maybe not the solution, Warburton stuck Hodson on the bench and move Tav back.

I have not watched any of Mark's press conferences for a good while and it seems I made the right decision not watching this one either.

I have been concerned for a while about his motivation skills (back as far as the cup final last season) and last night again we seemed to have no desire or fight to try and win the game. That fight and desire will only come from players who have been motivated and also have a fear of losing because if they drop their individual performances they will be dropped from the team. Does that fear exist in our team ? I do not think it does unfortunately.

We are in a bad place and fuck knows how we are going to get out of it. If you set your sights low from the very top of any organisation, business or football team the people asked to carry out the task you set them will nearly always fail, and that is what is happening to our great team IMO. :headwall: 

He says we have gone to Partick, Dundee and Inverness and won. We could have easily dropped points in all those games. Partick we needed two late goals. Dundee we went two up then conceded a goal late in the first half. Second half we rode our luck and got the result. We won by a single goal up at Inverness. When was the last time we went away from home and as MW likes to put it "dominated" the game and picked up the three points? He said that we dominated at pittodrie. Counts for fuck all if we don't win. 

Those results along with draws at Ross County, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone. Our away form is nothing short of shambolic. 

Then he finishes off the press conference by saying there won't be big changes on Saturday. Jesus wept. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have not watched any of Mark's press conferences for a good while and it seems I made the right decision not watching this one either.

I have been concerned for a while about his motivation skills (back as far as the cup final last season) and last night again we seemed to have no desire or fight to try and win the game. That fight and desire will only come from players who have been motivated and also have a fear of losing because if they drop their individual performances they will be dropped from the team. Does that fear exist in our team ? I do not think it does unfortunately.

We are in a bad place and fuck knows how we are going to get out of it. If you set your sights low from the very top of any organisation, business or football team the people asked to carry out the task you set them will nearly always fail, and that is what is happening to our great team IMO. :headwall: 

Some players seem undroppable as well i think he thinks even when things are so wrong he's always right.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think a few times we have got lucky and stumbled across a formation that worked remember Tav not the best but bolstering the Midfield and Hodson at the back certainly helped the defence but after that worked reasonably well and not the solution Warburton stuck Hodson on the bench and move Tav back.

'stumbled across' is a good way to put it.  Will be very interesting to see what team he picks, and how he sets them up, and how they then respond to it during the game on 12 March.    

There are a lot of things to be concerned about right now for this season but the scary thing is minus the loan players this squad is the starting point for next season unless there any transfers out (McKay say), and unless Warburton plans to load in some of the development players or some of those out on loan like McHardie.    Assuming King will not provide much by way of a transfer pot it becomes scary that this squad, under this manager, deploying the ways of playing we've seen so far looks like its supposed to form the basis of a more credible title challenging side!  

In my case it would take a leap of imagination well beyond what I see from the team these days to find it credible that Warburton can transform all we have before us this current season into a much much more effective title-challenging team.    But then maybe I'm aiming too high.  Maybe, like this season, the challenge is not for the title, but for another year of strong second.   No doubt King will enlighten us at ST selling time.

Replace keirnen wi Wilson and we already have a better chance, the amount of fuck ups fae him is unforgivable. By the sounds of it the same team will start next time out and will proberly win but it's papering over the cracks.

Hill is over the hill but still better than keirnen why he diznae face his man is beyond me,first thing u learn when defending, he needs to go and learn the game again.

its all down tae king, doesn't he know u need tae speculate tae accumulate? One decent defender and striker would of made a whole lot of difference.

warburton needs tae fix this and fast, release senderos and kiernen free up wages and use a youth player or anything other than put kiernen on again , wits moshni up tae these days

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

"THe team is growing and we're learning"

Is he fucking serious?

So what you are saying is that there are some players in that team who are not developing, and not learning? When you sum it up like that can I take it you are dismissing the comeback against Motherwell; or the way we played after going down 10 men the week after? Someone disagreed with me on here last night, but it looked as if we had the winning of that game when we equalised; I even said to someone I was watching the match with that we were winning this. We nearly scored another, their goalkeeper made a great save. Halliday did something so basic that I still can't understand why he let the ball drag across him into no man's land when he was being closed down, in that part of the park. That second goal of theirs is not something we coped well with, and I think that was because we thought were the better side up until  it was scored; dealing with that kind of frustration is testing quite a few in that team and has done during the season. Going a goal down in a game we had tried so hard to get back into was deflating, and we lacked character and leadership; but to say that the whole team is bad because of that goal is slightly off the mark, or that there have not been times where we have played better is misleading. Wes shouldn't passed to Halliday, and Halliday shouldn't have tried to be complicated on the ball in that area. That, ultimately, cost us the game. 

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

"THe team is growing and we're learning"

Is he fucking serious?

I do believe he thinks he is being serious.  

We have the football world viewed through the Warburton window of rose-tinted glass where optimism shines and there are only a few speed bumps which are getting in the way of progress towards success for this season.   

And we have the football world of brutal reality of failings, of awful defending, of inability to score enough goals, of lack fight and pride in the jersey as seen by much of the Support who have paid good money and invested more loyalty in the Club that Warburton could fathom and know a heap of bullshit when its presented to them by the manager.

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

You honestly think he really thinks it is not a problem? Did you think he said to the players it wasn't problem, do you think he finished the match and went home oblivious of what this defeat meant?  Saying these things to the media is one thing, I trust that he knows this team has problems. He has players not good enough, if we know this then maybe we may assume that he knows it; but what does he do about that? Just let's, for talking sake, you have been given the options in the last Window, with little money etc, what would you have done; who would you have recruited, bearing in mind those players would have to be BETTER than what we have right now?

Considering Hearts rolled us over at Tynecastle already this season and knowing that Warburton sent us out there again with the same Plan A, I genuinely believe he doesn't see our away form as a big problem.

And that's fucking scary. "Learn from this" indeed.

23 minutes ago, Smile said:

You can't play the same players making the same mistakes since the Championship and expect to not make the same mistakes they are clearly not good enough.

:tu:

..... and you certainly shouldn't be giving them extended contracts either ........ that is the tantamount mistake that is coming back to haunt us. 

:UK:

1 hour ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

As a former business analyst, he should know the dangers of rationalising away poor performance.

Saying that we are sitting second in the table does not in itself say much about where we will be going forward.It would appear that he is happy to take defeats away from home against the bigger teams if we win against the diddy teams. That is a mediocre philosophy to adopt and a dangerous one because that ethos will be felt within the team.

Yep its the same attitude the likes of Killie and Ross county will have against the so called bigger teams (like us) "if we get a result away its a bonus".  He just hasn't grasped the must win mentality we have,and what drives us as fans. I want to see Celtic get fucked in testimonials never mind in the league,but he is looking at it that if we beat the bottom 6 teams away,and win most of our home games,then we should come good. It's not a great ethos alright and it looked like the players accepted defeat last night. Fuck the scoreline,it was the way we gave up

I think the guy had a plan, but that plan can only be executed with good quality players. He has not been and never will be given the funds for good quality players so his tactics look shit. Frankly they are shit because they should be used to the player's strengths.

Now his big plan on how football should be played is in tatters, he has no way out unless we grow our own very talented players - how long is that going to take?!?!? - and he doesn't know where to go other than not to change his plan.

I cannot hate the guy, he's too genuine and nice, but one person he should be talking to is Walter Smith. I'm sure he would learn a lot even spending a few hours with him.

Three second-half goals consigned Rangers to defeat at Tynecastle

Mark Warburton insists Rangers can handle away games against top-six Premiership sides, despite a poor record in those fixtures this term.

The Ibrox side lost 4-1 to Hearts on Wednesday evening - their second defeat at Tynecastle this season.

They have also lost away to Celtic and Aberdeen as well as drawing with St Johnstone in Perth but have beaten Motherwell at Fir Park.

"I don't think there is a problem with big games," said manager Warburton.

"I don't see it as a big problem.

"We went to Aberdeen and I felt dominated and [we] should have won the game.

Highlights: Hearts 4-1 Rangers

"We have gone to all these various other venues, Inverness, Partick, Dundee, Motherwell, we have won games of football very convincingly.

"The Parkhead game [September's 5-1 defeat by Celtic] was well documented. Hearts, we had two bad performances, it's as simple as that.

"Are we worried about going to those grounds? Not at all, absolutely not."

Rangers' fifth league defeat of the season left them 25 points behind Celtic but still two ahead of Aberdeen, who have a game in hand.

And Warburton's side continue their league campaign at home to Ross County on Saturday, with the previous meetings of the sides this season ending in draws.

Last term, the Ibrox side won the Championship but lost all of their away games against both Falkirk and Hibernian, who finished second and third in the second tier.

"Whether you play the top of the table or the bottom of the table, it's three points," Warburton added. "You don't get five for beating someone and two for beating someone else.

"So the fact we are sitting second in the table tells you we are doing some things okay. We have to improve, of course we do, but the fact is the team is growing and we are learning."

I'm sorry he's fuckin delusional, if that is honestly what he thinks, he's in the wrong job.

I wondered if he was trying to protect the players when he comes out with this kind of stuff instead of saying " we know the performance was unacceptable and the team have been told this in no uncertain terms ". But unfortunately I really think he believes the stuff he comes out with at the pressers and if that is the case it is very, very, worrying.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

..... and you certainly shouldn't be giving them extended contracts either ........ that is the tantamount mistake that is coming back to haunt us. 

:UK:

I never got the Contract either but I guess Warburton just can't see the errors he makes which is why he still picks him.

12 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Considering Hearts rolled us over at Tynecastle already this season and knowing that Warburton sent us out there again with the same Plan A, I genuinely believe he doesn't see our away form as a big problem.

And that's fucking scary. "Learn from this" indeed.

You have no basis for believing that, genuinely or otherwise. He said that he didn't think there was a distinctive issue with playing big matches in the team, and he cited the Aberdeen game and a few other to illustrate an example of that. What he didn't do is deny that the away results against those teams was okay, or that we didn't need to do better.