Painful reading.

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Apologies if it's already been posted. Haven't been looking in the Bears' Den much since yesterday's shambles. 

That is a truly shocking record though.

FB_IMG_1486326993409.jpg

Remember when i mentioned this a few times posters called me a moaning cunt and said get behind the manager. I guess it's tougher to read in a paper.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In six of those matches, which I remember very well,  it was nothing to do with not being good enough, not being a match for those teams, and the margins for winning and losing it was more down to missing near chances mostly.  In those we were the better side and yet failed to win.

The other three we should let ourselves down very badly, in the sense of our overall effort and of course the result.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

In six of those matches, which I remember very well,  it was nothing to do with not being good enough, not being a match for those teams, and the margins for winning and losing it was more down to missing near chances mostly.  In those we were the better side and yet failed to win.

The other three we should let ourselves down very badly, in the sense of our overall effort and of course the result.

You sound like our manager....................Are you our manager?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Why do I sound like our manager, because I made the post that  I did there? Are you saying what I said isn't true about our performances in six of those defeats?

I didn't say it wasn't true, but by saying it you sound just like him after just about every game we don't win. "Better team, missed chances on another day we win comfortably". The thing is going by those stats their doesn't seem to be "another day" against the top four sides.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

They summarise games of toil punctuated by significant disappointments.   

If these stats are put in front of King and the Board - and I assume the Board is well aware of them - then they must surely be testing the boundaries of acceptable performance for Rangers even allowing for this being the first season back in the top flight after promotion.   

If they are tacitly acceptable to the Board, which I assume they are for now, then presumably stock will be taken at the end of the season or earlier if it becomes too much of a risk that we don't climb the table to be 2nd at the end of the season or if it looks like European football next season may not be achieved. 

They do not make for good reading.  More than that, for Rangers they should be considered unacceptable.   

Wonder which journos are going to be bold enough to probe Warburton on these at a future press conference.    Wonder which, if any, Board members or the General Manager has sat down with Warburton and asked for an explanation and asked for an action plan to produce a significant improvement.  

Getting a qualifying spot for the Europa must be a marketing ploy as even king must know we will never make it past the preliminaries, so the potential ST money must outweigh the losses of not making it through. He also obviously doesn't give a shit of the embarassment caused in getting put out early by some no mark team, just as long as the ST money rolls in.

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

I didn't say it wasn't true, but by saying it you sound just like him after just about every game we don't win. "Better team, missed chances on another day we win comfortably". The thing is going by those stats their doesn't seem to be "another day" against the top four sides.

Can't be every game, I admitted we were without excuses in three of them. What about Hibs away in our first competitive match last season, Kilmarnock away in the SC, and the Hampden Semi Final. Do they not count in the stats? 

15 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Can't be every game, I admitted we were without excuses in three of them. What about Hibs away in our first competitive match last season, Kilmarnock away in the SC, and the Hampden Semi Final. Do they not count in the stats? 

I said just about every game. The stats are for league games, I suppose if you wanted to include the three cup games you mentioned that would improve it slightly. Kilmarnock aren't a top four side and the celtic game was at a neutral venue

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

I said just about every game. The stats are for league games, I suppose if you wanted to include the three cup games you mentioned that would improve it slightly. Kilmarnock aren't a top four side and the celtic game was at a neutral venue

Why is that even relevant to the examples above. So, every defeat and draw counts, but only the victories against the top four counts? That's fair!

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Why is that even relevant to the examples above. So, every defeat and draw counts, but only the victories against the top four counts? That's fair!

Well the stats are for away league games against the top four from this season and last years championship . If you want last years semi included as an away game, you should also add the final against Hibs and this years semi against celtic. 

Just now, blueretro said:

Well the stats are for away league games against the top four from this season and last years championship . If you want last years semi included as an away game, you should also add the final against Hibs and this years semi against celtic. 

And I was accused of clutching at straws recently? Wow. Sticking to this season, we have played four games against the top four this year, without those pointless matches illustrated, and we have lost four. That is bad, no real excuse in three of them, and I'd speculate no problem that Warburton will have to have his team win the next one, and give a better show than they have been doing. You're right about the Final, and that should have been included as well. To correct myself, it was five losses and one draw, although the Raith one felt like a loss. 

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And I was accused of clutching at straws recently? Wow. Sticking to this season, we have played four games against the top four this year, without those pointless matches illustrated, and we have lost four. That is bad, no real excuse in three of them, and I'd speculate no problem that Warburton will have to have his team win the next one, and give a better show than they have been doing. You're right about the Final, and that should have been included as well. To correct myself, it was five losses and one draw, although the Raith one felt like a loss. 

Who is clutching at straws? I only said you sounded like our manager. As for the stats, I don't see a problem including last season. It shows we are having the same problem away to the "top" teams this season as we had last. 

I like Mark Warburton and even now I would love to see him turn it around. Unfortunately I don't think he has the ability to do that but he should be given to the end of the season at the very least.

Just now, blueretro said:

Who is clutching at straws? I only said you sounded like our manager. As for the stats, I don't see a problem including last season. It shows we are having the same problem away to the "top" teams this season as we had last. 

I like Mark Warburton and even now I would love to see him turn it around. Unfortunately I don't think he has the ability to do that but he should be given to the end of the season at the very least.

If he didn't have the ability then why was he given the job in the first place? Managers go through times of failure, that seems to be lost on here. I'm not surprised this team have had their struggles, are you? I think we'll get second, if we get second and do well in the SC, which we should be looking to win, then he should definitely stay. I believe Warburton is the man for the job, because I was clear in my head what his task was the minute he walked into Ibrox, and nothing has shocked me about his time here, nothing has been below what I expected, in fact I was surprised we got to the SC final, pleasantly so. Warburton is doing good things throughout this club, and I know he will get it right, given time. Will he get that time? I have my doubts, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he left this summer, but I hope he stays longer, I hope he gets another transfer window, and I hope he gets a real chance to achieve what he set out to do from the beginning. People compare his budget to other clubs in this league, but are those other clubs going out and signing players with the intention that they must try and win a league title eventually? Our yield on a player being a success his tighter than most, with every signing expected to be a success. Do players from other clubs play cup finals every match? Do they have the scrutiny of our players every performance? How many internationalists are in the Rangers squad, a point raised eloquently by Warburton last week, in comparison to past Rangers teams? When have Rangers ever played with a promoted side, and not only that, but with the core of that promoted side still in the first team after being promoted? All the factors are important, yet people will read them and dismiss them readily. What are the alternatives to Warburton, on his budget? Well, when you read some suggestions they are not clearly defined, they certainly don't guarantee that they would do any better, not with any certainty. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

OP doesn't know this but requires a rag to tell him. 

:lol:

Didn't require any rag to tell me our record in the "big games" is woeful. Think we all knew that already.

Saw the image being shared online and decided to post it in here as it's a pretty damning stat when you see it in that context.

He got the job because Davie Weir is his assistant. If he wasn't, MW would be nowhere near Ibrox. A certain hype surrounds everything within English football and one fluke season seen him hailed as one of Europes top coaches when in reality, he was a complete novice who had done nothing in the game and won nothing. I am absolutely stunned people are still scraping the barrel for ways to defend and excuse him. He's a disgrace and an out and out loser. And is now feeling so much heat he has started talking to fans like they are fucking idiots and still some support him. His last 4 or 5 interviews should have seen him gagged by the clubs media department.