• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Best and worst day all wrapped up in one amazing day. 

Result apart it was the best trip following Rangers in my lifetime. I highly doubt anything will top that for the remainder of my time...Cheers Walter

22 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Result apart it was the best trip following Rangers in my lifetime. I highly doubt anything will top that for the remainder of my time...Cheers Walter

Its a moment in our recent history that will stay with me for life (result aside). The atmosphere down there is the best I've ever seen at a game,and the whole day walking around Manchester meeting fellow bears was amazing

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

Its a moment in our recent history that will stay with me for life (result aside). The atmosphere down there is the best I've ever seen at a game,and the whole day walking around Manchester meeting fellow bears was amazing

Absolutely.

From getting the bus at 6am at Hamilton it was just a magical day. So many stories, sights and standing beside tens of thousands of bears in the a heat wave in Manchester....boozing on the streets. Sash bashes at ever corner you turned and flute bands appearing from the crowds....unreal

Yeah shit result but that wont take away from the experience of that, it was like a 2 week trip to Ibiza or your chosen lads holiday all crammed into one day.

I'm just glad I was here to enjoy it and be able to say I followed my team to a European cup final...how many fans get to say that?

I won't ever forget coming off the train at Manchester Piccadilly from Sheffield.

The bannisters above us had Rangers flags all over them and football matches aside, it's the loudest Billy Boys I have ever heard.

Goosebumps writing this.

One of the best seasons I've ever experienced despite the way it ended.

From battering Lyon in their own backyard when they were easily among the top sides in Europe at the time, to the WWE wrestler making a mess of big Cousin's shot against the Germans at Ibrox and then Whittaker's wonder goal in Lisbon and Novo's penalty in Florence.

Unreal. 

Made that wee bit sweeter by going into work after each round to hear the standard "Aye but you'll go out in the next round" from the tarriers but seeing the fear on their faces every time we got through another one.

My wee boy was born the year after that.  I'd give my left ball for him to experience a season like that supporting us.

34 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Remember the run down every bridge had a flag on it every service station was jumping. Then Manchester was just the best craziest bedlam I've ever been in. 

The way home was great as well what I can remember of it, the only bad bit was the 90mins but fuck it hurt. 

11 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

One of the best seasons I've ever experienced despite the way it ended.

From battering Lyon in their own backyard when they were easily among the top sides in Europe at the time, to the WWE wrestler making a mess of big Cousin's shot against the Germans at Ibrox and then Whittaker's wonder goal in Lisbon and Novo's penalty in Florence.

Unreal. 

Made that wee bit sweeter by going into work after each round to hear the standard "Aye but you'll go out in the next round" from the tarriers but seeing the fear on their faces every time we got through another one.

My wee boy was born the year after that.  I'd give my left ball for him to experience a season like that supporting us.

Never been as proud to be a bear as I was that season despite how it ended . Obviously if if could change anything it would be actually winning the thing and the league but even so it was just such a rollercoaster of emotions that season . my October week break at school consisting of grubbing them 3-0 and drawing with Barca at ibrox . It doesn't get much better than that 

That's as close as I got to a ticket,i have never watched the match since then I could not believe Walter set out for a 0-0 by playing Hemdani in a one off game! The lid would have came off Manchester had we scored (never looked likely though)

5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That's as close as I got to a ticket,i have never watched the match since then I could not believe Walter set out for a 0-0 by playing Hemdani in a one off game! The lid would have came off Manchester had we scored (never looked likely though)

Fergusson did hit the post at the beginning of the second half I am sure and then there was novos chance at the end 

Amazing that in May we were on for an unprecedented quadruple. And as usual the powers that be wouldn't support a club representing the country in a European final. We fought for everything. Never surrendered and done every supporter so proud. That is what Rangers is all about. We were just beaten by a superior team at the final hurdle. Still it's a positive to look back at the day and what a specticle it was. I'd have given anything to have scraped it on penalties one more time. :cheers:

12 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Never been as proud to be a bear as I was that season despite how it ended . Obviously if if could change anything it would be actually winning the thing and the league but even so it was just such a rollercoaster of emotions that season . my October week break at school consisting of grubbing them 3-0 and drawing with Barca at ibrox . It doesn't get much better than that 

Aye it kinda unravelled a bit at the end to the point that winning 2 trophies was almost an anti climax. It was just a special season though. Even after seeing the way Zenit ripped Bayern Munich to shreds there was still that wee feeling that we could take them. It just felt like it was going to be our year.

Some of the scenes in Manchester will live with me forever. I remember us turning up to one of the fan zones about 9:30-10ish in the morning and being turned away by the police because it was already packed. Guys dancing on top of bus shelters and everything. Never experienced a party atmosphere like it.

I remember going into Manchester on the tram and a squad of boys from motherwell and each had a milk bottle tray full of bottles of Buckie. ..flags from Canada Germany OZ .England  northern Ireland Wales Spain etc everywhere . Sun was out .. I'll remember it forever and greet seeing where we are now..

Anyone else suffer from extreme sun burn that day?

I had the top off from about 10am, the next day when the drink wore off I was shivering in bed and all sorts.
Not something you think to bring with you to a cup final in Manchester the factor 20 Ambre Solare.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Anyone else suffer from extreme sun burn that day?

I had the top off from about 10am, the next day when the drink wore off I was shivering in bed and all sorts.
Not something you think to bring with you to a cup final in Manchester the factor 20 Ambre Solare.

I had sunburn on the back of my neck that was so bad I was referred to a dermatologist for a consultation.

Just now, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I had sunburn on the back of my neck that was so bad I was referred to a dermatologist for a consultation.

:lol: 

I was given this burn spray that turned the skin yellow from GP and a litre of Aloe Vera.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Best day of my life, result withstanding obviously, however to think there will likely be many MANY generations of bears who will never see us in a euro is saddening as they are missing out

A sea of red, white and blue travelling down to manchester, it was glorious 

Passing hills with our banners draped round them and cars with the flags and scarves hanging out them was such an amazing sight.

No other club in world football would be able to bring the amount of folk we did that day and no other club would have provided an atmosphere anywhere close to that.