• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That's as close as I got to a ticket,i have never watched the match since then I could not believe Walter set out for a 0-0 by playing Hemdani in a one off game! The lid would have came off Manchester had we scored (never looked likely though)

Zenit had just thumped Bayern and that's the way we played to get there, if we opened up we'd have got slaughtered. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Anyone remember the next day waking up in the train station with folk on their way to work taking pictures of us sleeping? :lol: 

All I remember is falling off the bus at 3 in the morning and shaking that bad I couldn't get the door open, the come down was a cunt to say the least. ??

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

All I remember is falling off the bus at 3 in the morning and shaking that bad I couldn't get the door open, the come down was a cunt to say the least. ??

We didn't even get to our bus, police shunted us all into the station saying you are here till the morning. Started a Nakamura ate my dog song then conked out.

Woke up to the work rush and phones in the faces with pictures and shaking heads. The fear was brutal

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We didn't even get to our bus, police shunted us all into the station saying you are here till the morning. Started a Nakamura ate my dog song then conked out.

Woke up to the work rush and phones in the faces with pictures and shaking heads. The fear was brutal

We lost two off our bus, finally heard they ended up in the middle of some housing estate in Salford shitting themself. ??

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Best day of my life, result withstanding obviously, however to think there will likely be many MANY generations of bears who will never see us in a euro is saddening as they are missing out

A sea of red, white and blue travelling down to manchester, it was glorious 

If it happened before it can happen again, this time with a better result. I couldn't bring myself to watch that match, but I saw something of it a few years ago and I can't remember why, anyway, I was surprsed how well we had played, and how close we were in that match; I think the disappointment at the final whistle meant I forgot all that. That was some team when you put it in context, and we can do all of that again, and more.

15 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Zenit had just thumped Bayern and that's the way we played to get there, if we opened up we'd have got slaughtered. 

This is it remember after that in the supercup they played a very good man utd team and made them look ordinary.

13 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If it happened before it can happen again, this time with a better result. I couldn't bring myself to watch that match, but I saw something of it a few years ago and I can't remember why, anyway, I was surprsed how well we had played, and how close we were in that match; I think the disappointment at the final whistle meant I forgot all that. That was some team when you put it in context, and we can do all of that again, and more.

We got beaten easily in the final, we didn't create a thing mate. Wasn't close at all from what I remember, they won it at a canter

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We got beaten easily in the final, we didn't create a thing mate. Wasn't close at all from what I remember, they won it at a canter

Did we not have a strong penalty claim? I'm not sure I can watch it again, and I don't know in what situation I did see the match again, but I might have to double check on that! I'll take your word for that though. Hopefully we both get to experience being in a big final like that again, winning it next time.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Did we not have a strong penalty claim? I'm not sure I can watch it again, and I don't know in what situation I did see the match again, but I might have to double check on that! I'll take your word for that though. Hopefully we both get to experience being in a big final like that again, winning it next time.

They were superb sadly and Arshavin ran the show from what I remember. I wouldn't watch it again either, doubt I ever will.

Was a great achievement regardless, let's hope there is another one in us in the next 8 years as unlikely as that would appear.

15 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We had a couple of moments but in the main I remember it looking like we were playing for penalties the whole game

Remember Thompson had a free kick about 22/23 yards out at 0-0. That's about as much as I can remember from the game, wish to fuck Ferguson or someone took it. Either way, what a fucking season, we really should've won the treble at least that year, but the corruption within the SFA intensified that season. 

I grew up as a Rangers fan but never started regularly going until 2010. Wished I went to Manchester.

Remember sitting in my house, 16 years old with a group of roughly 20 mates devastated that we lost. Every European game we watched that season was in my house so it became bit of a tradition that season. 2 of my Celtic supporting mates was there for every game as well, they were just there for a piss up but it was good being able to just sit and have a laugh about the football.

2 hours ago, RossS1873 said:

Amazing that in May we were on for an unprecedented quadruple. And as usual the powers that be wouldn't support a club representing the country in a European final. We fought for everything. Never surrendered and done every supporter so proud. That is what Rangers is all about. We were just beaten by a superior team at the final hurdle. Still it's a positive to look back at the day and what a specticle it was. I'd have given anything to have scraped it on penalties one more time. :cheers:

The Scottish cup final against QOTS was the most surreal game I've been to with Rangers. A feeling of exhaustion and numbness within the support. 

1 minute ago, Coplandbear11 said:

The Scottish cup final against QOTS was the most surreal game I've been to with Rangers. A feeling of exhaustion and numbness within the support. 

I agree. Whilst it's always nice to win trophies. Coming away with a cup double after losing the league and a European final within 2 weeks before was almost being brought to reality. Seeing things like that put more perspective on to what is going on just now with not even being remotely close to that again anytime soon. :depressed:

As others have said, the roads on the way down the night before the game were something that will live with me forever. Every car, bus, van with flags and scarves hanging out. Tunes blaring and every service station bursting at the seams with Bears. A pilgramage..

My haunting memory (result apart) though came about 2am after the game. My phone rang and it was a lassie I worked with, greeting saying she had missed her bus and was herself. I told her to come to our hotel and crash, and she could get a lift with us in the morning.

After I put the phone down, I turned around and our room for 4 had 9 of us in it. Kebabs, bare hairy arses, grunting, snoring and unbelievable fart smells were coming from every corner. :lol:

Luckily she phoned back 20mins later to say she had found her cousin so she was sorted.

Fuck knows if she would ever have recovered from the sights and smells of that room. :britney:

Still have my ticket, wish I'd bought one of of the programmes too. 

Was a shite game but that was the proudest I'd ever felt as a Rangers fan and one of the best trips of my life, what a day it was until the end of.it