Davie Provan on Warburton

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The salary MW and his staff are on and the length of the contracts will determine what payoffs are required which will in turn dictate whose in charge next season.

If we had five million to spend in the summer would you use one million to get MW and staff off the payroll?

3 minutes ago, insider said:

The salary MW and his staff are on and the length of the contracts will determine what payoffs are required which will in turn dictate whose in charge next season.

If we had five million to spend in the summer would you use one million to get MW and staff off the payroll?

YES

I'd rather have a good manager in charge of a team full of shite, instead of a good team being led by a shite manager.

How provan retains his job at sky is a mystery as he is a strange character, full of cliches,  humourless, dour and an underlying trait of bitterness in his demeanour, the last bit I put down to him missing out on the Rangers gig in the 70's, he's never forgot that, so much so he's carried his jump the dyke attitude into his punditry. His opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans !

image.gif

3 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

How provan retains his job at sky is a mystery as he is a strange character, full of cliches,  humourless, dour and an underlying trait of bitterness in his demeanour, the last bit I put down to him missing out on the Rangers gig in the 70's, he's never forgot that, so much so he's carried his jump the dyke attitude into his punditry. His opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans !

image.gif

:tu:

Correct BD ...... and due to the situation we are in ...... with no need for comment from the likes of him ..... this is what all these tossers have been waiting for ..... there will be more coming out of the woodwork and from under rocks to put the boot into us now .... all with the same agenda ..... to run us down while pretending to be fair and loving it every time we  stumble.

I hate it when these tossers get all "concerned" about our welfare and tell us what we sadly already know ..... and they have probably taken most of it from Rangers web sites.

I will take it from our own support, as they have a right to express themselves on all things Rangers ..... but from bitter twats like him .... no thanks.

:UK:

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Correct BD ...... and due to the situation we are in ...... with no need for comment from the likes of him ..... this is what all these tossers have been waiting for ..... there will be more coming out of the woodwork and from under rocks to put the boot into us now .... all with the same agenda ..... to run us down while pretending to be fair and loving it every time we  stumble.

I hate it when these tossers get all "concerned" about our welfare and tell us what we sadly already know ..... and they have probably taken most of it from Rangers web sites.

I will take it from our own support, as they have a right to express themselves on all things Rangers ..... but from bitter twats like him .... no thanks.

Without a doubt bud, jesuit central have got them lined up to come out the cracks in the walls to have 'their concerned opinion', we are our worst enemies at times and I don't just mean the forums, we lead with the chin and at the moment the rotten mhob are in their element ! ????

image.gif

8 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Aye I'll take the blame, 

:cheers:

Slightly off topic but ....

I see you are a member of the Kelso Loyal RSC mate ..... any chance you could pass the word round about young Joshua Adair's plight.

It would be great to have another RSC involved in this worthwhile cause .... there are a few involved now who have donated, and it's building momentum.

3 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He's a gentleman, not a cunt, show a bit of respect.

He's simply out of his depth as a manager, never a cunt.

I may be wrong but i think the poster meant Provan was a cunt, not Waburton

That said I used to agree Warburton was a gent and not at all a cunt, but i feel hes treating us like cunts with his bullshit statements recently so my opinion of him might change

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Do you believe warburton is doing a good job?

Do you believe warburton will get us to a level of being able to stop 10 in a row?

It's not impossible if the right level of funding support is there, which it isn't at the moment. I fully appreciate that the wages we are paying to the current squad should be more than enough to produce better results and more consistent good performances, and it's clear that something isn't working as things stand. I'm just not convinced that any of the names being mentioned as possible replacements (ie the 'realistic' names, not the fantasy ones) would really do any better.  The likes of Calderwood (!), McInnes, Davies don't strike me as guys who will take us to the next level either.  It's a minority view, I know. 

9 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Nothing new, pretty much what were all thinking

Davie Provan believes Mark Warburton’s reign at Rangers could end on Sunday if his side are sunk by Morton.

And the respected Sky TV pundit reckons Ibrox chairman Dave King may have already made a decision on the future of his manager.

Warburton is facing a crucial William Hill Scottish Cup fifth-round tie against the Greenock side.

With the heat on the manager from restless Light Blues fans unhappy at recent performances intensifying, Provan says defeat to the Championship might just prove the final straw.

He said: “It is a tricky game and the pressure is certainly building on him.

“I remember an old Celtic director telling me many years ago that the board don’t sack a manager, the supporters sack the manager.

“I think if Rangers were to lose at the weekend the supporters would make their feelings pretty clear.

“He is now starting to lose the body of the kirk if you like and it could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.”

Provan also feels that, regardless of the outcome of the last 16 contest, questions may already be in the mind of King and the board as they plot the way forward for Rangers.

He continued: “His (Warburton) recruitment in the summer was questionable to say the least.

“The Rangers board have to decide whether they are going to give him more money this summer or whether they are going to make the change.

“The silence from Dave King and the directors would be concerning for the manager.

“I am not saying he can’t turn it round. If he finishes second I think most supporters would have settled for second with European involvement again at the start of the season.

“But the board and the manager don’t seem to be on the same page with the Kenny Miller contract situation and it seems that there might be a tension behind the scenes that we are not all privy to.

“Rangers is the type of club that the manager doesn’t get time and nor should he expect time.

“Fairly or otherwise, Rangers will always be compared to what Celtic are doing vice versa, that’s just the nature of the city.

“I do think finishing second in the league and earning a place in Europe is more important than a good cup run, I really believe that.

“It comes down to a choice for Dave King.

“Does he believe in this guy enough to give him more money, assuming there is more money and that in itself is a question.

“Dave King has to make the call. Does he trust Mark Warburton with whatever money has next summer or has he already made up his mind that he is going to bring in someone else who he thinks has better judgement because Rangers current situation requires them to spend every penny wisely.”

Provan doesn’t believe Rangers have made the progress they should have done since returning to the top-flight.

He added: “I think he did a great job last season and he’s unlucky he’s not up against Ronny Deila.

‘Maybe the worst thing he did was winning that semi-final as by accounts that’s what upset Dermot Desmond to the extent that he went out and got Brendan Rodgers.

“He’s up against a real pedigree on the other side of town.

“With Rangers lack of progress, Mark Warburton would have to put his hands up there and I think you can trace it back to last summer and the players he brought into the club.

“The expectation rose at Rangers, but it was also a reality check for Celtic and the board, who had let it drift.

“The two clubs have almost gone in, while not quite polar opposite directions, but one has gone up and the other has flatlined.

“There would be a queue around the block for the Rangers job just because of the size and potential of the club.

“Derek McInnes’ name has already been mentioned and that’s maybe a little bit unfair when Mark Warburton is still in the chair, but I don’t think there would be any shortage of people who would want the club.

“How far are they behind? Many, many millions of pounds if you were trying to quantify in money.

“You’d have to go back to when Lou Macari was in charge of Celtic and Rangers were in the ascendency, we are getting up to that point.

“Mark Warburton can’t have it both ways either. He can’t highlight the gap between his budget and Celtic’s while not recognising the gap between Rangers’ and Hearts and Aberdeen.

“They should be more comfortably sitting in second place rather than being in a real dogfight.”

The day I listen to that arsehat is the day that rangers means nothing to me.