New Manager Suggestions

MacBoyd

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rossmcpherson2 said:

I think we treated ally terribly, was like when sir alex left Man U he was left with no squad, a squad with no hope or ambition, I just hope weir could give them that and a bit of optimism and confidence 

Donald-Trump-Confused-Face-2015-Republic

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Big Harry Redknapp could be tempted. He is currently an advisor to central coast mariners. He must be choking to get back into club management.

A good old school hairdryer manager, could attract decent players, has a great record with youth.

Harry Redknapp has always needed big budget to manage.

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Don't get the clamour for him at all. A sideways step at best.

I have been shouting for him to get it for best part of 2 year not gonna stop now:rofl: Personally I think he'd do a good job of getting Rangers back to what we all know....Tough hard working and no what It takes to win......much like walter 2nd time around 

He saved Bournemouth from going into the 4th division with no money. He also had no cash at West Ham and brought through youth players like Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Frank Lampard etc. Won the intertoto cup. Even at Southampton his budget wasnt big.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Can definitely see the similarities with Sir Alex at Man Utd and Ally at us.

I wasn't referring to sir Alex I was meaning moyes and the absoulute state of a team he was left with, ally was the same when Walter left, too much expectation with no enough quality

I wouldn't mind Lee dixon taking over every time I hear him give his opinion  his fuckin spot on.  always pin points exactly why teams concede goals etc have a fuckin field day with Tavs and kiernan   It .would be the first time he would take a managers role. but I read a few Arsenal fans are spouted his name to take over Wenger

Marco Silva - Hull
David Wagner - Huddersfield
Gary Monk - Leeds

All managers who are working with smaller budgets compared to a lot of the teams in their league and doing a great job. I obviously don't see us luring any of them away while employed but if they leave their respective clubs at the end of the season for whatever reason then I honestly believe we could entice them here. 

For the size of club we are we honestly should be aiming higher than Mcinnis or Calderwood to get us back to our rightful spot at the top. People will mention we have no money but those 3 above won't be on massive wages that's too much of a stretch for us. And to be honest I'd rather take a dent in transfer funds to secure the right person as we've seen what having the right man in charge can do for a team this season..

6 minutes ago, loyal said:

I wouldn't mind Lee dixon taking over every time I hear him give his opinion  his fuckin spot on.  always pin points exactly why teams concede goals etc have a fuckin field day with Tavs and kiernan   It .would be the first time he would take a managers role. but I read a few Arsenal fans are spouted his name to take over Wenger

Big difference between making observations as a pundit and managing a squad of players.

13 minutes ago, loyal said:

Can we say "Gary Neville"....

11 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Marco Silva - Hull
David Wagner - Huddersfield
Gary Monk - Leeds

All managers who are working with smaller budgets compared to a lot of the teams in their league and doing a great job. I obviously don't see us luring any of them away while employed but if they leave their respective clubs at the end of the season for whatever reason then I honestly believe we could entice them here. 

For the size of club we are we honestly should be aiming higher than Mcinnis or Calderwood to get us back to our rightful spot at the top. People will mention we have no money but those 3 above won't be on massive wages that's too much of a stretch for us. And to be honest I'd rather take a dent in transfer funds to secure the right person as we've seen what having the right man in charge can do for a team this season..

All good names and be an improvement potentially for us - all three have much more of a budget than us, also all three can attack better players due to the league they are in and I guess it's an easier stepping stone to the rich land of the premiership down there.

The facts, and sadly the reality is we are not as an attractive prospet as we once were, the sooner 'all' the fans realise that the easier we can take steps forward hopefully. 

17 hours ago, miracle said:

Devil's advocate but I don't believe any Rangers manager has ever been sacked in the history of our club and all this talk of scouring the continent for young talent could well come a cropper with Brexit so any long term plan people are dreaming up is uncertaint.  A manager with a knowledge of the English lower leagues may be as good as it gets from a risk mitigation perspective.

Scott Symon?

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Big Harry Redknapp could be tempted. He is currently an advisor to central coast mariners. He must be choking to get back into club management.

A good old school hairdryer manager, could attract decent players, has a great record with youth.

Look at what that crooked bastard did to Portsmouth. Bought in players he couldn't afford and fucked the club over. Pretty much the same at Southampton as well.

Pretty sure he never paid us the rest of the fee for Hutton either, and his accountant is even more bent than ours was.

Avoid like the plague!

23 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Look at what that crooked bastard did to Portsmouth. Bought in players he couldn't afford and fucked the club over. Pretty much the same at Southampton as well.

Pretty sure he never paid us the rest of the fee for Hutton either, and his accountant is even more bent than ours was.

Avoid like the plague!

If the club couldn't afford them then maybe the finance guys shouldn't have allowed him to sign them.

Can't always blame a manager. They generally spend what they are given.

56 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

All good names and be an improvement potentially for us - all three have much more of a budget than us, also all three can attack better players due to the league they are in and I guess it's an easier stepping stone to the rich land of the premiership down there.

The facts, and sadly the reality is we are not as an attractive prospet as we once were, the sooner 'all' the fans realise that the easier we can take steps forward hopefully. 

I agree that their budgets and the ability to sign and manage better players is obviously more appealing than what they'll get down here. However we do have certain benefits down here that are also appealing and some of these benefits they won't get at this stage of their career. Europe is obviously the big one. None of them will get close to that down in England especially with how good the top 7 are at the moment. The Europa League is pretty much a guarantee but I'd imagine they'd be confident of winning our league and a Champions League spot beckoning for them would obviously excite any manager. Trophies are another one and the amount they could win in a couple of seasons here is a lot more than they'd manage down there. I'm not saying a treble by any means up here is easy but it's certainly a lot more achievable than it is down there. There's only really one team that should (all things being well and good on our end) have the potential to stop it unlike the 10+ down there. Rangers as a club is the one I'll finish on. Everybody around the world who has at least some knowledge of football will know us and our prestige in the game. Obviously I'm extremely biased in what I'm about to say but I think it's a fact just like the sky is blue and the grass is green. Take out the standard of league and put us next to Leeds, Huddersfield or Hull and we'll smoke them out the water in terms of our size in the game. Yes they'll sacrifice league stature but they'll also open opportunities up to themselves that they might not experience as a manager in their current situations. 

I don't agree though with how much of an attractive prospect we are. Yes to us who've followed the club all our lives can notice the differences from back then until now but these managers (and more) won't have that same feeling unless they followed us religiously growing up. We still offer 50k+ fans on a Saturday, we still offer more passion than they'll get from most clubs and we still offer the things that I mentioned above. Yes our situation is dire but we won't be like this forever and neither will they. We all know how much can change from one season to the other if you get things right.