New Manager Suggestions

MacBoyd

On 06/02/2017 at 8:21 PM, theclothmonster said:

McCoist with McCulloch as his assistant. Coisty has the gift of the gab and could maybe convince legends like Naismith and Lafferty to come back and pull the jersey back on.

Neither of those players could lace up the boots of a Ranger legend you sorry delusional and perhaps drunk person.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Take our time, invite applications and then decide.

we nearly got Pereira the last time so that shows you the scope we have..

I agree that I think that's the right thing to do but fear if we take our time over this we'll lose further ground in the league

Just now, Bad Robot said:

2nd place is last so the seasons a write off anyway ?

It's all well and good saying that but 2nd place is obviously better than 3rd, 4th or 5th. It's not good enough for Rangers, but in the context of this year it's now the best we can hope for. Finishing any lower will be a fucking embarrassment.

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

I think he would be a good assistant. Regardless of what some people think he has the club at heart and has a huge amount of experience of being a winner.

He has been at Clyde for years and has done absolutely fuck all. I have no idea how anyone can say he might be good for us

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He has been at Clyde for years and has done absolutely fuck all. I have no idea how anyone can say he might be good for us

I think anybody would find it difficult at Clyde given their budget. I'm not suggesting for a minute he should be the manager but I think he would make a good assistant to an experienced manager. It's a tried and tested formula... Granted it didn't work this year with Warburton and Weir.

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It's all well and good saying that but 2nd place is obviously better than 3rd, 4th or 5th. It's not good enough for Rangers, but in the context of this year it's now the best we can hope for. Finishing any lower will be a fucking embarrassment.

We're not that bad regarding 5 or lower and I believe 2, 3 and 4 will get the Euro spots as it's looking like savco are favourites for the SC

7 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Excuse my ignorance but why do we want him? I know he is the Fulham manager who are tenth in the championship.

I think he is a good manager, done a good job at Partizan, Watford and Tel-Aviv. Fulham were absolutely hopeless until he took over as well and he saved them from relegation last year, now they're hoping for play offs.

Just a personal preferance mate.

28 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I've posted this before and just a suggestion but what about Nigel Pearson? Pretty much built Leicester's Premier League winning team and made some great signings on the cheap. 

With you on this! Good manager, takes no shit and builds honest hard working teams that win!

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I think he is a good manager, done a good job at Partizan, Watford and Tel-Aviv. Fulham were absolutely hopeless until he took over as well and he saved them from relegation last year, now they're hoping for play offs.

Just a personal preferance mate.

Fair enough mate. Had never heard of him, as per my other post his signing policy doesn't really excite me though. Even if he was the right guy would prob have to take a big pay cut plus we'd need to pay Fulham a few million. On top of that he's had about £15m to spend this season so doubt our £1.5m budget would do us any favours.