New manager poll

Amato

Next manager poll  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Of the names currently being touted as a possible replacement, who do you want as new manager?

2. 2. And who do you think it will be?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He'd do a hell of a better job than Warburton that's for sure.

He was a success at the biggest club in Holland not some two bit mob down south.

PLG won something like 4 titles in a row with lyon, made heehaw of a difference in scotland

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Some managers operate better on a tight budget/squad George Burley when he had little to play with at Ipswich moulded a great team, then they gave him money and he fucked it up, Dave Bassett was the same.

Absolutely. There's plenty variables that make some managers successful at some teams and flops at others.

Personally, for Rangers I generally like the older type of manager - Smith for example but a Howard Wilkinson or Terry Venables would have been perfect too. Or Redknapp.

I want Frank De Boer. I appreciate he had a shite time at Inter Milan and was sacked a few months ago but actually watched some of their games and even though the results weren't up to scratch there's something in the team I noticed and liked - almost like the way some of the better German teams play with a physical presence and strong/hard in winning second balls and come away with it in midfield with space. Any team in Europe be it Champions League or even the Europa league who's gave Celtic problems have set up this way. It's something that caught my eye right away. 

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Absolutely. There's plenty variables that make some managers successful at some teams and flops at others.

Personally, for Rangers I generally like the older type of manager - Smith for example but a Howard Wilkinson or Terry Venables would have been perfect too. Or Redknapp.

I want Frank De Boer. I appreciate he had a shite time at Inter Milan and was sacked a few months ago but actually wanted some of their games and even though the results weren't up to scratch there's something in the team I noticed and liked - almost like the way some of the better German teams play with a physical presence and strong/hard in winning second balls and come away with it in midfield with space. Any team in Europe be it Champions League or even the Europa league who's gave Celtic problems have set up this way. It's something that caught my eye right away. 

The reason I think we have to go mature is the unique pressure involved in managing our club, Warburton talked a good game but he was a weak character, hence a weak team, we need a Walter type, hard in the head and hard in discipline, who is kicking around of that ilk where the pressure of our club wont reduce them to blubbering wrecks? Warnock or similar would do for me until we hit less troubled waters.

Cardiff beat Leeds 2-0 away today. 71% possession to Leeds, fuck the stats, who gives a monkeys if you run 12km during a game and have 2/3 of the ball, score more than the other team is the only relevant stat that counts.

Just now, pcbear said:

The reason I think we have to go mature is the unique pressure involved in managing our club, Warburton talked a good game but he was a weak character, hence a weak team, we need a Walter type, hard in the head and hard in discipline, who is kicking around of that ilk where the pressure of our club wont reduce them to blubbering wrecks? Warnock or similar would do for me until we hit less troubled waters.

Cardiff beat Leeds 2-0 away today.

No argument there (for the most part) .. not a fan of Warnock but he'd be an improvement on Warburton and is the older, no-nonsense type of experienced head that suits us. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No argument there (for the most part) .. not a fan of Warnock but he'd be an improvement on Warburton and is the older, no-nonsense type of experienced head that suits us. 

The next permanent appointment is VIP, McCoist should never have been anywhere near the big chair, how the fuck Walter thought he was ready defies belief, he was shite, Warburton came in and won us over by his apparent attention to detail/work ethic/sports science approach allied to our  our slik pass and move sparkling football in the lower division.

Now the SPL and the odd good game apart we have been sussed and are piss easy to play against and nullify, Ba heid Warburton knows no different and we get mugged near every week.

Big decision coming from the board it must be got right, btw I was 100% behind them in appointing Warburton, harsh lesson learned there, big call.

Why are people wanting F De Boer?

he will have no cash to compete with Celtic .  At Ajax he had the pick of all the academy kids coming through Holland. What's he going to do with a group of Wigan and Watford rejects? 

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

let's see who applies and chose the most experienced in difficult circumstances.

I agree, seemingly its not the way to go though, the club has to put the feelers out to see if the managers available, by doing tht you might miss some outstanding applicants, advertise the job iis the best way to go imo.

You will get a pile of shite but there may well be some surprises, 600-700 k a year is fuckin top money as well, they aint doing it on the breadline.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I agree, seemingly its not the way to go though, the club has to put the feelers out to see if the managers available, by doing tht you might miss some outstanding applicants, advertise the job iis the best way to go imo.

You will get a pile of shite but there may well be some surprises, 600-700 k a year is fuckin top money as well, they aint doing it on the breadline.

If we don't set it out for applicants then ----------Jim Duffy tin hat on 

just-here-for-the-violence.png

4 hours ago, pcbear said:

Some managers operate better on a tight budget/squad George Burley when he had little to play with at Ipswich moulded a great team, then they gave him money and he fucked it up, Dave Bassett was the same.

Big eck is one of them. Give him cash he's fucked