New manager poll

Amato

Next manager poll  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Of the names currently being touted as a possible replacement, who do you want as new manager?

2. 2. And who do you think it will be?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's an idea why doesn't the board do their fuckin job an scour the world for someone with the right credentials.

How many people knew about Marco Silva, David Wagner? All doing a good job with "limited" funds (in their leagues).

Think outside the box instead of picking a name out of the usual dross that is permanently linked with us like McLeish and Davies.

15 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Here's an idea why doesn't the board do their fuckin job an scour the world for someone with the right credentials.

How many people knew about Marco Silva, David Wagner? All doing a good job with "limited" funds (in their leagues).

Think outside the box instead of picking a name out of the usual dross that is permanently linked with us like McLeish and Davies.

Agree - opening it up for applications over a limited time period would make sense.  And McLeish and Davies are dross indeed. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Pardew has contacted Rangers putting his name forward. According to CWoodloyal. 

I'm not sure about him being what we need but if that's true (big IF) it's encouraging we've got managers like that being pro-active and approaching us.

We are still a draw (despite the little funds) I don't care what anyone says trying to downplay us but the good name won't last forever and we won't be able to draw in future without a massive revolution if this rot isn't stopped. 

I'd go with Kenny Miller, but fuck knows how he or anyone could compensate for the weaknesses in this squad. They are just not very good and lack character. This season is well over, so nothing left to lose, as our dignity went a long time ago and this event  just put the final nail in it.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not sure about him being what we need but if that's true (big IF) it's encouraging we've got managers like that being pro-active and approaching us.

We are still a draw (despite the little funds) I don't care what anyone says trying to downplay us but the good name won't last forever and we won't be able to draw in future without a massive revolution if this rot isn't stopped. 

Not many clubs come near this club. We will be a draw for some time yet. It is also good to factor in that the objective for this club is very clear cut, win everything; there are, again, not many clubs with that clarity for a manager. The money etc can be important, and investment in the team will be a big aspect to the role here, but this club has a profile, history etc that very few clubs have.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

Not many clubs come near this club. We will be a draw for some time yet. It is also good to factor in that the objective for this club is very clear cut, win everything; there are, again, not many clubs with that clarity for a manager. The money etc can be important, and investment in the team will be a big aspect to the role here, but this club has a profile, history etc that very few clubs have.

I agree but there's only so long you can ride on the history aspect whilst the brand is continually getting damaged every year and every passing year Celtic wins another top flight title and banks Champions League money etc.

It eventually dries up.

Eintracht Frankfurt, Nottingham Forrest, St Etienne, Leeds, Ferenchvaros (spelling) all used to be major powers but no-one looks at them that way now. It's important we get things right and get the brand back and be successful again.

Success rightly or wrongly breeds new generations of fans. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree but there's only so long you can ride on the history aspect whilst the brand is continually getting damaged every year and every passing year Celtic wins another top flight title and banks Champions League money etc.

It eventually dries up.

Eintracht Frankfurt, Nottingham Forrest, St Etienne, Leeds, Ferenchvaros (spelling) all used to be major powers but no-one looks at them that way now. It's important we get things right and get the brand back and be successful again.

Success rightly or wrongly breeds new generations of fans. 

Some of those clubs have something based on performance, how many of them would be playing in the lower leagues here in full houses? This club is big win lose or draw. I take your point, but there is something about this club that still stands. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

what has frank de boer done to warrant such a faith in him being our manager? cunts ae wanking themselves into a coma about him yet he's not once proved himself as a manager that can get a team punching above their weight to the level that we need

Won more than Saint Brenda.

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Some managers operate better on a tight budget/squad George Burley when he had little to play with at Ipswich moulded a great team, then they gave him money and he fucked it up, Dave Bassett was the same.