Have we made the correct decision re W&W?

Bad Robot

Have we made the correct decision re W&W?  

333 members have voted

1. 1. Have we made the correct decision re W&W?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes as i am reading it as letting them go rather than the manner of it or the legality. Regardless of what transpires after this he does not deserve to be discussed along the same lines of PLG and the what if question. He was backed enough to comfortably finish 2nd this season however it was not clear cut. Nor had he started building a legacy with regards to the first team squad he has left us with.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Yes as i am reading it as letting them go rather than the manner of it or the legality. Regardless of what transpires after this he does not deserve to be discussed along the same lines of PLG and the what if question. He was backed enough to comfortably finish 2nd this season however it was not clear cut. Nor had he started building a legacy with regards to the first team squad he has left us with.

He was backed to finish second imo

Just didnt have the skills as a manager to make it happen, im glad hes gone, but worried about who comes in to this mess... miller is ready to hang up his boots, and outside of fod and barrie i dont think we can comand much of a transfer fee to rebuild the team

Guest Lloyd72

Who the fuck is saying no :lol: they tried to go back on their resignations because they lost out on a job then denied ever resigning so they can get money out of the club. They're a bunch of money grabbing cunts.

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd have given him more time, but he fucked it the minute he made it clear he didn't want to be here anymore by getting involved in the NF farce. 

Good riddance. 

The Hindman sub was the last mistake for me where his first mistake was freeing Darren McGregor. 

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd have given him more time, but he fucked it the minute he made it clear he didn't want to be here anymore by getting involved in the NF farce. 

Good riddance. 

This is assuming that King is telling the truth, of course ...

3 hours ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Wanted it to work and for whatever reason it just seemed to fall apart, also its never acceptable regardless of circumstance to be 27 points behind the dhims with half the season still to play, for that reason alone he had to go! 

me too, but he just seemed to lose it :confused:

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I'd have given him more time, but he fucked it the minute he made it clear tdn't want to be here anymore by getting involved in the NF farce. 

Good riddance. 

I was in the same camp regarding them getting to the end of the season and then a mutual parting of the ways , as it was getting more obvious that real progress was beyond us under the current circumstances .

As soon as they mentioned the possibility of resigning then the Board should have invited them to pack up  their stuff , go home and await further instructions , much like happened with Barton .

In a footballing sense they were on borrowed time anyway , so I suppose this way saves us the sight of a long drawn out goodbye . Hopefully any legal ramifications will not hinder our ability to replace him and the inevitable departures from the playing squad .

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

Warburton has never served his time as a manager and sadly it showed, in the end all he was left with was a flawed, idealistic philosophy.

I said before that his fantastic vision was his strategy but he sadly didn't have the tactics to pull it off at an operational level which was playing football and getting results.

12 out of 24 simply wasn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I was in the same camp regarding them getting to the end of the season and then a mutual parting of the ways , as it was getting more obvious that real progress was beyond us under the current circumstances .

As soon as they mentioned the possibility of resigning then the Board should have invited them to pack up  their stuff , go home and await further instructions , much like happened with Barton .

In a footballing sense they were on borrowed time anyway , so I suppose this way saves us the sight of a long drawn out goodbye . Hopefully any legal ramifications will not hinder our ability to replace him and the inevitable departures from the playing squad .

I think that happened during the board meeting on Monday but the agent came back in which allowed him to be back at the club on a business as usual pending the 2nd board meeting on Friday afternoon.

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The Hindman sub was the last mistake for me where his first mistake was freeing Darren McGregor. 

Never understood the McGregor decision, letting him go to the Hobos especially as they were competition for the only automatic promotion slot!

Just now, Kai_Johansen said:

Never understood the McGregor decision, letting him go to the Hobos especially as they were competition for the only automatic promotion slot!

Crazy and on a free aswell as I'm sure £50k as a minimum would have been better in our pockets than nothing.