Watch these players thrive under a new manager

Junior Soprano

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I didn't check them individually. :lol: Wasn't having a go at the OP, just highlighting how opinions change faster than underwear on here.

I know mate, point is valid.  Fickle bunch at times, myself included. 

30 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

"kiernan,  i know you made a mistake out there today but don't dwell on it theses things happen"

Is what Warburton likely says to him, a proper manager would tesr through him but the fact they never prepared or studied a team shows he was too relaxed about things. 

Kiernan does have heart and it shows when we concede and there's no denying he's improved with hill at his side.  With a new manager who actually practices set plays he might be able to sort himself. 

He would probably start crying if a manager tore him a new one. 

The players are limited but they will perform better in the correct system.

A good manager adapts a system to suit his players. Warburton tried the same system over and over and didn't have the players nor ability to see thats where the issue was.

I reckon a structured 442/451 with Garner up top alongside a quick player would prove successful. Encourage players to get the the byline and cross. Just be more direct. We have pace so use it.

I'm not sure. Some of these guys are only here because of Warburton and they were very very close to him. I think some will ask for a transfer behind the scenes and will down tools. No loss of course, there's only 3 or 4 of that squad good enough to start next season at Rangers anyway. Most of them are mentally weak and technically just not good enough. 

2 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Don't care what anyone says, they players are better than what we have witnessed over the last year. But the manager has sucked all their qualities out of them.

Do you include Joey Barton in that?  I certainly would.  It's a real shame we paid that guy off because he could've been great for us under a new manager.

1 hour ago, one55 said:

we shouldn't get too excited if a new manager comes in and we do well. we must judge them in the long term. 

classic example is warburton. he came in and everyone was in love with him. singing warburton's magic hat from the stands while wearing wizard hats and proudly displaying an empty bag of warburton's sliced bread. now we all know just how shite he really was. how embarrassing. 

Nothing embarrassing about it. Some of us enjoyed the good football and the good times, as short as they were. Just a pity it didn't last and the manager was found out to be lacking in ability to sustain it.

It hasn't worked out and we move on. Every good performance is to be celebrated for who knows what lies around the corner 

9 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Some of our players will thrive under a new manager.

A select few that I can't be bothered naming will remain shite until they're hopefully moved on in the summer.

If we're lucky. We've given shite players better contracts than they'll ever deserve and unless very fortunate we'll be stuck with them for years.

Kiernan was excellent for Gary Rowett at Birmingham in a more solid team. I know people don't like him but I would like to see what he could do in a team that is set up to actually work as a defensive unit.

Windass is another one. He's played in a misfiled three for us but from all the clips of him on YouTube at Accrington it looks like he's playing as a 10 or even from be left hand side.

Halliday has been in dreadful form but he's always left horribly exposed as the one and only 'defensive midfielder'.

I think there's a few players who could perform better than they have been and it'll be interesting to see what happens to them under a new manager.