Talksport just now - Another King statement

CoatbridgeBear

I was listening to the Heart and Hand podcast last night and David Edgar made a good point about McLeish, in that he appears to do well when taking over other managers squads (us first time, Birmingham etc) but the struggles start when he adds his own players.

Would 100% take him to the end of the season. He can fire his teams up and he knows how to beat the scum. Definitely not my preferred long term option though, which I don't think the board would go for in any case.

Davies though? Just no.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

I was listening to the Heart and Hand podcast last night and David Edgar made a good point about McLeish, in that he appears to do well when taking over other managers squads (us first time, Birmingham etc) but the struggles start when he adds his own players.

Would 100% take him to the end of the season. He can fire his teams up and he knows how to beat the scum. Definitely not my preferred long term option though, which I don't think the board would go for in any case.

Davies though? Just no.

Mate could you link me to H&H podcast please?

Is it still only one a week or so?

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate could you link me to H&H podcast please?

Is it still only one a week or so?

Usually one a week mate but there's been three this week with so much going on :lol: 

This one was recorded just after the game finished yesterday.

https://www.acast.com/heartandhands/thewhataweekthatwaspodspecial?autoplay?autoplay

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Everyone I've spoken to is under the same impression. Eck w/ Alex Rae until summer.

I'd assume it will be. Davies is linked with us every single time we have a vacancy.  He's been out the game three or four year and is an absolute control freak. 

I doubt he will ever be anywhere near Rangers

I'd assume it will be. Davies is linked with us every single time we have a vacancy.  He's been out the game three or four year and is an absolute control freak. 

I doubt he will ever be anywhere near Rangers

I've been told he wouldn't take it. Apparently Billy Davies thinks it's too much hassle with too many skeletons in the closet for Billy Davies. 

Just now, Smile said:

If we give it to McLiesh it will be another mistake he's not as sharp as he once was.

On an interim basis I don't see what's a better option though?

He's very good at stepping in and getting the best out of a dejected squad. I actually think he could win us the Scottish cup. But I maybe just want to believe :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If it's an interim I've no real issue with it. FdB says he wants to return to work in th summer. Works for me.

I hate the thoughts of Alex McLeish being in charge of us again it was my most miserable time following Rangers. 

Up there with the Ally debacle.

He's very good at stepping in and getting the best out of a dejected squad. I actually think he could win us the Scottish cup. But I maybe just want to believe :lol:

It would be great if he could but and he would make us more solid and give the players a lift i just think his good days are behind him in a managerial and a health sense.

59 minutes ago, Lance1697 said:

If it's Davies he needs to hit the fucking ground running, needs a win over Dundee and ICT, doesn't matter if it's 2 scrappy wins & then needs a very good performance at home to St Johnstone on the Wednesday night

Couple of bad results and the fans will turn on him, not met 1 person yet who thinks he's a good idea

Mcleish would get a little bit more breathing space, maybe get 5-10 matches to sort things out.

5 -10 matches?

Season would be gone if he took 10 matches to sort it out

Just now, Smile said:

It would be great if he could but and he would make us more solid and give the players a lift i just think his good days are behind him in a managerial and a health sense.

aye I'd agree. I think he's a bit like Walter though. Seeing us like this will hurt. And he will just want to help

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mcleish would do a damage limitation job at the piggery which being realistic is probably our only Option just now looking at that fixture  . Think he would give us a fighting chance at the cup and would get us at least a point up at pittodrie . Then split we would face hearts , sheep and them at Ibrox I believe unless the spfl get up to their usual post split jiggery pokery

7 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

I hate the thoughts of Alex McLeish being in charge of us again it was my most miserable time following Rangers. 

Up there with the Ally debacle.

McLeish - 2 league championships, 2 SFA cups, 3 league cups

McCoist - 2 pub leagues, no cups not even the pub league cup

Up there indeed :duh::duh::duh:

2 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

McLeish - 2 league championships, 2 SFA cups, 3 league cups

McCoist - 2 pub leagues, no cups not even the pub league cup

Up there indeed :duh::duh::duh:

And a place in the champions league last 16 aswell . Don't get me wrong Mcleish's two poor seasons were honking but they were nothing compared to the shite we endured under ally or even this season