Talksport just now - Another King statement

CoatbridgeBear

6 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

McLeish - 2 league championships, 2 SFA cups, 3 league cups

McCoist - 2 pub leagues, no cups not even the pub league cup

Up there indeed :duh::duh::duh:

Sick of going on about this but we went 10 games in the SPL without a win, we finished 3rd in a 2 team league and finished behind a team managed by George Burley. Not to mention having hundreds of fans on the steps of Ibrox shouting for him to go.

He has been chased out of any job since the Scotland job and it strikes as utter lazyness from the board if we reappoint him.

How about they go out and scour the world and find a manager with the correct credentials instead of taking on a guy who's done absolutely nothing of note since fluking a league cup with a team he relegated.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, lazza1873 said:

Sick of going on about this but we went 10 games in the SPL without a win, we finished 3rd in a 2 team league and finished behind a team managed by George Burley. Not to mention having hundreds of fans on the steps of Ibrox shouting for him to go.

He has been chased out of any job since the Scotland job and it strikes as utter lazyness from the board if we reappoint him.

How about they go out and scour the world and find a manager with the correct credentials instead of taking on a guy who's done absolutely nothing of note since fluking a league cup with a team he relegated.

Your memory is honking. They sacked burley in the October.....

2 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Because barely any manager would take an interim gig

15 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

5 -10 matches?

Season would be gone if he took 10 matches to sort it out

After 5 matches, say 1 win, 1 draw, 3 losses....

Fans will start turning, another few losses then he won't get the sympathy 

Davies will lose all sympathy if he came in and got beat off Dundee on Sunday lol

1 minute ago, lazza1873 said:

We fucking finished third in the first division under mccoist!!!! 

Crashed out of every cup there was including a part time fucking cup.  Honestly mate give yourself a shake.  I don't want Eck near the job but the last four years and mcleish's four years are no where near comparable.

infact one of the best days of my life was during that era.  Not to mention a treble and five trophies in a year and a half. :lol: 

a fucking kris Boyd sitter away from a champions league quarter final place.

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Because barely any manager would take an interim gig

Why does it have to be interim though? plenty of managers out there why wait until the summer?

If FDB has said wait until summer and i'll take it then fair enough but think it's safe to assume that hasn't happened. 

10 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Crashed out of every cup there was including a part time fucking cup.  Honestly mate give yourself a shake.  I don't want Eck near the job but the last four years and mcleish's four years are no where near comparable.

infact one of the best days of my life was during that era.  Not to mention a treble and five trophies in a year and a half. :lol: 

Mate I know it's well out there and the stats don't add up to being as bad as each other it's just a personal opinion of how I felt watching us under McLeish that year.

I went to everyone of them 10 games and i've never forgiven him for it, the way he hung onto that job when he knew he should have walked away wound me right up. Clung on until the end of the season which at the time was our worst in recent history. Sat at Ibrox the 2nd last game of the season they had already wrapped up 2nd and Hearts fans sat there reading papers and celebrating when we scored it was an utter embarrassment.

Hated the way he had us playing, hated the dross he signed for us. Sick of seeing us going back the way it's a cop out from the board (if true)

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Did we ever actually take a tanking of Celtic under Mcleish . I know at one point we couldn't buy a win against them under him but I always remember them being 1-0 or 2-1's and quiet a few came from the bastards scoring late on 

Couple of 3 nils. We seemed to struggle in big ones at home too.

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Did we ever actually take a tanking of Celtic under Mcleish . I know at one point we couldn't buy a win against them under him but I always remember them being 1-0 or 2-1's and quiet a few came from the bastards scoring late on 

One of the most gutting feelings I've ever had following Rangers was the last OF game of the 2003/04 season when Sutton scored the winner in injury time to make it 5 wins out of 5 for them that season.  Absolutely horrible feeling. 

37 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'd assume it will be. Davies is linked with us every single time we have a vacancy.  He's been out the game three or four year and is an absolute control freak. 

I doubt he will ever be anywhere near Rangers

Davies is also still on gardening leave from Nottingham Forest and is being paid a very handsome sum to sit on his arse.

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Did we ever actually take a tanking of Celtic under Mcleish . I know at one point we couldn't buy a win or a draw against them under him but I always remember them being 1-0 or 2-1's and quite a few came from the bastards scoring late on.

3-0 on my birthday one year :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Dont really care Eck or Davies as long as both are interim.

This for me as well, Davies gets it rotten on here but there is no doubt about it he is a talented coach imo.

Probably keep Murty  in the job after all the shit and speculation.

13 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Who was the Boyd sitter against ,my memories shocking

16 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

How many are them are out of work and available right now that would actually take it?

5 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Mate I know it's well out there and the stats don't add up to being as bad as each other it's just a personal opinion of how I felt watching us under McLeish that year.

I went to everyone of them 10 games and i've never forgiven him for it, the way he hung onto that job when he knew he should have walked away wound me right up. Clung on until the end of the season which at the time was our worst in recent history. Sat at Ibrox the 2nd last game of the season they had already wrapped up 2nd and Hearts fans sat there reading papers and celebrating when we scored it was an utter embarrassment.

Hated the way he had us playing, hated the dross he signed for us. Sick of seeing us going back the way it's a cop out from the board (if true)

I went to the games aswell, I went to the games under mccoist aswell.  They aren't even comparable.