Will we find out today

Bears r us

Just now, plumbGER said:

As big Al said though, better to get the right guy (even if it is until the end of the season) than just appoint anybody.

It's the waiting that's murder.

I agree but not sure how many are available who would do the job well until the end of the season and Eck seemed to be the favourite by far.

Will just have to be more patient I suppose. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking like it might well be McLeish and not sure if we can expect anybody else to step into a temporary job and settle between now and the end of the season.

He knows the expectations and demands and probably has thought a lot about what mistakes he made last time.

Not saying he would would be a perfect fit for the job long term but short term i think he could do ok.

Was talking to a fellow Bear this morning about it and this loudmouth tarrier (who knew the other guy) walks over and starts bumping his gums "get McLeish in he will fix it (winking at me as if winding the other guy up)he done fuck all last time and will do fuck all again"

I just said "done fuck all except beat martin o'neils trophy count.....st martin hahaha"

The cunt stood in silence, what a prick.

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

Do we think McLeish wants the job if it's only as a stop gap though? He might be a bit insulted if we aren't considering him as the long term option.

I have wondered about that, but maybe a few months back in the job might also appeal to him. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I have wondered about that, but maybe a few months back in the job might also appeal to him. :unsure:

regarding both your points, when he was getting interviewed at the Morton game, he looked like he just wanted to say, i would bite your hand off if you gave me the chance to go back. I think he really wants this job, even if it was only short term i think he sees and opportunity to get back to the club he loves and to help them out. he probably holds the same opinion regarding the team as we do and knows what needs done to fix it. He for sure wants that job

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

We could also be considering him for a director of football role too I suppose, which might be why there's a delay in announcing anything. Just theorising though

2 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

regarding both your points, when he was getting interviewed at the Morton game, he looked like he just wanted to say, i would bite your hand off if you gave me the chance to go back. I think he really wants this job, even if it was only short term i think he sees and opportunity to get back to the club he loves and to help them out. he probably holds the same opinion regarding the team as we do and knows what needs done to fix it. He for sure wants that job

I thought the same. :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, Amato said:

Do we think McLeish wants the job if it's only as a stop gap though? He might be a bit insulted if we aren't considering him as the long term option.

I'd imagine he's not been inundated with job offers so could see this as a way to get himself noticed.

Wondered if it had something to do with the fact the next 2 games are away, always good to get a manager (especially an interim) into a home game, hopefully get a good win and off to a good start

Can't imagine the reaction if Mcleish came in, we drew with Dundee and lose to ICT....

Might be nothing but it's possible Murty will take the next 2, Mcleish in for St Johnstone on March 1st (Wednesday) then the Scottish Cup game that weekend

9 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

it was almost awkward watching him in that interview looked like a wee school boy he was so excited and then he must have said to himself "calm doon ya dafty they havny even called you yet!"

He was actually blushing at it getting mentioned :lol:

Was nice to see someone with an obvious love for the club getting excited about the possibility of being involved again!

23 minutes ago, Amato said:

A mate of mine who knows mcleish's agent told me he's not too keen on the job full time, but more than willing to help out until end of the season. 

Might be bullshit, might not. 

We have no idea what kind of discussion are going on. Each candidate will have their own demands. For example, what happens if they win the cup and finish second? Do they still get punted at the end of the season? Do they get a bonus instead? I've no doubt this is the kind of detail that is being thrashed out.

I might be at odds with a lot of other Bears, but to me the departure of MW etc was nothing more than a short term cost cutting exercise.

So I don't expect us to be adding too much back onto payroll. If Murty can get a result on Sunday I think the board will try to sell him as the interim.

Kings' language worries me. The guy who brought us "over investment" is now spouting about a Director of Football and a Modern Robust management team.

So I expect an anouncement in a the next week or so that we're going with Murty for the time being, but will have "a big shiny super deluxe gold plated diamond encrusted management team" in place for next season.

It's how King works, he makes what he's not giving us sound so good, that most of us don't realise we're not getting it.

52 minutes ago, Amato said:

We could also be considering him for a director of football role too I suppose, which might be why there's a delay in announcing anything. Just theorising though

although eck clearly wants the job badly, there must still be a "what next?" for him. Supposing he does really well etc. That must take thought and negotiation. I doubt his appointment would carry the kudos of say frank deboer, so while he's managing the board is negotiating with someone else. And the press are voracious, it's not easy to talk this way.

4 minutes ago, Barbarrosa said:

I might be at odds with a lot of other Bears, but to me the departure of MW etc was nothing more than a short term cost cutting exercise.

So I don't expect us to be adding too much back onto payroll. If Murty can get a result on Sunday I think the board will try to sell him as the interim.

Kings' language worries me. The guy who brought us "over investment" is now spouting about a Director of Football and a Modern Robust management team.

So I expect an anouncement in a the next week or so that we're going with Murty for the time being, but will have "a big shiny super deluxe gold plated diamond encrusted management team" in place for next season.

It's how King works, he makes what he's not giving us sound so good, that most of us don't realise we're not getting it.

jam tomorrow?