"Stadium Upgrades"

ForeverAndEver

33 minutes ago, Bluenose1986 said:

Will not happen for a long time but I agree with the sentiment. Particularly from outside that brickwork looks oppressive and depressing. The main stand is the only good part of the exterior. 

What would you rather have concrete blocks with cheap  panelling like the modern stadiums ? 

The Copland stand is 37 years old and if it had been maintained over the past 10 years the way it should have it would still look like new. 

My only problem is how do we improve on 51,000? I would do the corners properly give it a clean and put all new seats in. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No they don't. , how about filling the corners in properly and moving the turnstiles back a good bit in all 3 stand , this would open up more space to the lower levels for better facilities with the room it would create. 

You tell me another stadium in Scotland with offices on the outside ?  Make these changes and we could have 58,000 in Ibrox at a fraction of the cost.  

And if we ever moved out the Scottish league we could put a third tier on the govan on top of the argyle house coming  down to meet both stands behind the goal.

Ibrox is one of the finest stadiums out there and is just needing a good clean and brought back to the usual standard. Creating the extra space in the lower parts of the stand would be a welcome addition and easily done.

But the truth is we can't even afford to give her a proper clean which has been long overdue 

They look fresh out of the eighties, aka, pish.

The whole stadium should be made to look like it was built at the same time as the Main Stand by Leitch, if you know what I mean.

None of our stands need rebuilt. Our stadium is fantastic and unique just needs a clean up. Would rather it be crumbling than move to some modern soulless stadium.  Fans have died at Ibrox and their memory lives on there so we should never ever leave Ibrox

The big white beam structure is absolutely disgusting it's a disgrace it's got the state it has it's like lime green with dirt and seagull shite. Give me a power wash and a level three rope access manny and I'll do it myself since I've still got my rope ticket ?Wouldn't take two days of the weekend that's how strongly I feel about it. I've been to many a stadium around the world it's up there with the smartest but at this very moment it looks rough and neglected. 

3 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

They also need to get cleaners in. The wee gym next to tunnel, never gets touched from one week to the other. In dire need of hoovering and mirrors cleaned. Don thinks know if the players still use it. Cob webs all over the tunnel area that have been there for months. 

Dont know who the contractor is for the cleaning but they need removed asap.

There must be a stadium manager who should be on top of things like this 

12 minutes ago, sconer said:

The big white beam structure is absolutely disgusting it's a disgrace it's got the state it has it's like lime green with dirt and seagull shite. Give me a power wash and a level three rope access manny and I'll do it myself since I've still got my rope ticket ?Wouldn't take two days of the weekend that's how strongly I feel about it. I've been to many a stadium around the world it's up there with the smartest but at this very moment it looks rough and neglected. 

Bastarding seagulls.... IMG_2965.JPG.a6d79239d3b4871fbd5c4f9019fcd703.JPG

4 hours ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

All due respect folks some of you guys wouldnt have survived the old day standing on the old terracing huvin tae pish on the back of the leg of the bloke infront  the smell of smokes drink and pishy troosers tae watch yer team ...... now we've got men talking about cobwebs polishing mirrors ,hoovering painting wee bits here and there washing covers??lol. Fucks goin on in here the real housewives of Govan? I understand we want the best but ffs let's focus on getting a group a decent players on the park and a manager first......

Aye a remember the old ibrox it was a dirty black pit as well  , this one is 40yrs old and paint and banners is a waste of time , the folk in charge need to read these forums . the old girl is more like  anne widdecombe than helen Mirren, major investor in and drop the three stands before they fall to bits. used to be proud of ibrox not anymoe.

2 minutes ago, lerxst said:

Aye a remember the old ibrox it was a dirty black pit as well  , this one is 40yrs old and paint and banners is a waste of time , the folk in charge need to read these forums . the old girl is more like  anne widdecombe than helen Mirren, major investor in and drop the three stands before they fall to bits. used to be proud of ibrox not anymoe.

We can't afford to buy decent players and you want investors in to build a new stadium,Regardless how old it is,It's the best football stadium in Scotland and one of the best in Europe.

Priority is on the pitch not a new stadium.

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Fuck all but tokenism from this bunch of pratted incompetent chancers. It's a disgrace to our name and heritage. The lot of them need fucking hunted.

They're still cleaning up the mess Ashley and co left behind ya fucking nugget! 

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

They're still cleaning up the mess Ashley and co left behind ya fucking nugget! 

Oh dear, still playing that old chesnut. Two years into the job and a bit of cheap tat thrown round the stadium. Tried holding your breath when going for a shite or a piss in the bogs ya fucking nugget. You obvious don't do pride, just like yer hero mr mendacious. 

Ibrox Stadium shouldn't need tacky banners to cover it up, leave that to the breezeblock and MDF monstrosity across the city. 

It's a disgrace that the place has been allowed to fall into its present condition, surely it wouldn't cost that much to lick it back into shape.