***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

5 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

His work with a Southampton and spurs has been brilliant imo despite not having won a major honour

Great work ethic from his players like Klopp does as well. makes them work to their limits.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Easier said than done. Not even McLeish wanted it for only a few months. 

Surely there's more out there better than murty who would have taken the job.

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Great work ethic from his players like Klopp does as well. makes them work to their limits.

I don't rate Klopp as highly but I love the pressing play style they have both brought to the premier league. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I don't rate Klopp as highly but I love the pressing play style they have both brought to the premier league. 

Yes fantastic to watch the amount of effort both teams players put in. Would love to have that happening at us.

55 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes fantastic to watch the amount of effort both teams players put in. Would love to have that happening at us.

Klopp is another manager without a plan B which shows by the amount of late goals they lose. ??

Just now, B1872 said:

Klopp is another manager without a plan B which shows by the amount of late goals they lose. ??

They seem to blow themselves out at times go great for 30 minutes in both halfs, struggle against the smaller clubs who sit in.

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

This

I really like Klopp as a person, so inspiring.

But I'm not so convinced about his coaching.  He has a "system" which he uses regardless of whether his players can actually sustain it (which in Liverpool's case they can't).  I prefer coaches who look at the players they have and adapt - compare how Guss Hiddink's South Korea team played compared to his Chelsea team - that's coaching.

9 minutes ago, MikeBlue said:

This

I really like Klopp as a person, so inspiring.

But I'm not so convinced about his coaching.  He has a "system" which he uses regardless of whether his players can actually sustain it (which in Liverpool's case they can't).  I prefer coaches who look at the players they have and adapt - compare how Guss Hiddink's South Korea team played compared to his Chelsea team - that's coaching.

Or Conte's Juve to Chelsea team. ??

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Conte played the same system at Juve as he is at chelsea now

No it's not. He plays 3-4-3 at Chelsea. He played 3-1-4-2 at Juve. He changed the formation in order to suit the players he had instead of trying to fit the players into his system. ??

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, B1872 said:

No it's not. He plays 3-4-3 at Chelsea. He played 3-1-4-2 at Juve. He changed the formation in order to suit the players he had instead of trying to fit the players into his system. ??

Fair enough never realised that had just heard pundits saying he used it in his last job. His ability to adapt has been brilliant in his career so far, from 424 at bari to 433 and eventually 352 at juve then 343 at Chelsea, signs of a great manager.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Fair enough never realised that had just heard pundits saying he used it in his last job. His ability to adapt has been brilliant in his career so far, from 424 at bari to 433 and eventually 352 at juve then 343 at Chelsea, signs of a great manager.

I'm starting to like him. A man capable of lateral thinking to suit the situation in hand. 

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

That's you scrubbed off Marks Christmas card list.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm starting to like him. A man capable of lateral thinking to suit the situation in hand. 

Probably the best manager around right now, so good that loads of teams in the premier league are now copying his tactics.

10 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

The defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates was the best thing that could've happened to him. I'd feel spoiled if we could get a manager who learned from his mistakes.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Probably the best manager around right now, so good that loads of teams in the premier league are now copying his tactics.

I have researched him and he was well into the top 100 managers in the world at one time. Always a risk bringing in a foreign manager, but one worth taking in my opinion.

1 minute ago, rfc1990 said:

Didn't realise this was a thread on the English premiership now. 

More a bit of a chat about different managers, styles, formations and learning from their mistakes. Pretty relevant to us considering who our manager was and what we are looking for.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, B1872 said:

The defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates was the best thing that could've happened to him. I'd feel spoiled if we could get a manager who learned from his mistakes.

I hope this guy can be that, he seems like someone who isn't going to take the players pish and will make changes if he has to which I think Warburton wasn't brave enough to do.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I have researched him and he was well into the top 100 managers in the world at one time. Always a risk bringing in a foreign manager, but one worth taking in my opinion.

I just have a good feeling about Caixinha, if Wilson did recommend him he must have been on a shortlist for the Southampton job at one time and judging by their success in the managers they've brought in from fairly obscure backgrounds it makes gets me excited to see what he can do. I'd rather bring in a foreign manager with a risk that it might not pay off than go for one off the scottish football merry go round.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I just have a good feeling about Caixinha, if Wilson did recommend him he must have been on a shortlist for the Southampton job at one time and judging by their success in the managers they've brought in from fairly obscure backgrounds it makes gets me excited to see what he can do. I'd rather bring in a foreign manager with a risk that it might not pay off than go for one off the scottish football merry go round.

When the best we have to choose from in Scotland is wright or McInnes, then its a risk worth taking IMO. Watched Aberdeen a few times and I really don't like the style of play

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

When the best we have to choose from in Scotland is wright or McInnes, then its a risk worth taking IMO. Watched Aberdeen a few times and I really don't like the style of play

There was no way we'd go for either of those imo, neither play the style of expansive football our board would like instilled throughout the club 

I don't think it's a worth risk taking at the moment but it's one we are going to take so I'll have to get on board with it.

I think we need somebody with extensive experience who can steady the ship for a bit before we try something 'risky' again and I think in 18 months or so time we will probably end up managerless again and still be in this position.

His still is the sme as klopp at liverpool supposedly 

he 46-year-old has emerged as the top choice to replace Mark Warburton with the Ibrox club hoping to have their man in place ahead of this week’s Old Firm clash atParkhead.

Caixinha led unheralded Nacional to the Europa League during his stint with the Madeiran outfit and Sousa admits there was never a dull moment with his swashbuckling style.

He said: “Pedro’s style of play is all-out attack. He wants his team to be at the highest fitness levels possible as everything is geared to non-stop offensive football.

“His teams score a lot of goals as the focus is certainly more on attack then defence. He is very similar in style to Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.