Club 1872 Statement

eskbankloyal

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

Of cifurse not. T sey are in place to do as directed, and most on that board doesn't have my respect

I think you already know IF your question will be asked then.

They are IN voluntary positions voted by you and their other members but IT doesnt mean you own them! Box clever and soften your approach so youget what you want. There IS more chance an email will be looked at IF you butter IT up as most emails are IGnored IF they start off attacking from the first word , this IS not just avc1872 thing,

You dont have to respect anyone to be polite to help you get your goal.

24 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I think you already know IF your question will be asked then.

They are IN voluntary positions voted by you and their other members but IT doesnt mean you own them! Box clever and soften your approach so youget what you want. There IS more chance an email will be looked at IF you butter IT up as most emails are IGnored IF they start off attacking from the first word , this IS not just avc1872 thing,

You dont have to respect anyone to be polite to help you get your goal.

When you get fobbed off so much times and fed bull from whoever does the emails then you lose the point of the softly approach, for months I have been saying that questions need asked of the board. And you get told that there ain't enough emails from the other memberside requesting that. 

8 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

When you get fobbed off so much times and fedinbull from whoever does the emails then you lose the point of the softleingt approach, for months I have been saying that questions need asked of the board. And you get told that there ain't enough emails from the other memberside requesting that. 

They cant do IT forever mate, I would make sure you went to their AGM and ask IT either by a letter for a question to be discussed at IT or box clever and have a few mates willing to ask the same question sitting all over the room, that way you will raise your chances at the meeting of IT being asked.

The othervway IS get a few names their c1872 numbers and ask the question by email coppying all IN.

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

They cant do IT forever mate, I would make sure you went to their AGM and ask IT either by a letter for a question to be discussed at IT or box clever and have a few mates willing to ask the same question sitting all over the room, that way you will raise your chances at the meeting of IT being asked.

The othervway IS get a few names their c1872 numbers and ask the question by email coppying all IN.

Going to there agm is a problem for me as  I stay in a town called Macduff 45 mile north of Aberdeen. I don't drive so as you can understand it is an issue.  They were quick to email when they are raising money for charity and for the match day experiences but the more serious stuff about questioningredients the board and doing what they are meant to do is placed in the back burner imo. And that is what is actually making me consider cancelling my dd. All.depending on how the meeting goes next week will.determine Wether I am in it for the long haul or not. And there is several.others I know in the same boat as me. And they are paying the higher amount a month 

27 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

Going tit there agm is it problem for me as  I stayifin a town called Macduff 45 mile north of Aberdeen. I don't drive so as you citn understand it is an issue.  They were quick to email when they are raising money for charity and for the match day experiences but the more serious stuff about questioningredients the board and doing what they are meant to do is placed in the back burner imo. And that is what is actually making me consider cancelling my dd. All.depending on how the meeting goes next week will.determine Wether I am in it for the long haul or not. And there is several.others I know in the same boat as me. And they are paying the higher amount a month 

Cash talks mate, get you and your pals together add up how much the scheme could lose IF you and your like minded are being IGnored all the time, IT may be they are telling you the 100% truth saying thay you are the only person asking the question you want answered though then I can see why they fob you off as ITs either a shite question or a question which could cause them problems asking IT. No committee or even trade union would endanger a good working relationship by asking a rouge question from an INduvidual, thats why you need to either ask IT with a few others signing the same question or at an AGM by someone who can make the meeting, or threaten them IF there IS enough to make a difference that you are all cancelling your dds, I would only use this as a last stand though as theres no way back.

One thing though they do answer you emails by the sounds of IT so they are being professional IN their running.

Club1872 is about as transparent as the board. Closed shop the pair of them and I for one saw this coming when Rangers first was a success. It was only a matter of time before the usual suspects colluded to get an all encompassing, big giant, not transparent in way way umbrella over the lot of them. Very very sad imo. 

14 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

That's bullshite. 

I was keen to join rangers first as felt maybe in Morden times it was good idea for a fan group who could also speak to board as alaways found RST where just arselickers. My problem with 1872 is that cunt Houston the man who shouts at woman and kids for walking into rangers shop him and his team of wannabe football casuals. The fact he's used 1872 to act like he's now Mr rangers the soul voice his way or high way, the fact he's happy to let rangers fans take punishment for things says online but taigs can say 100 times worse but he lets it pass. Yeh am pissed off with board but that's not reason i don't back 1872 it won't work in long run anyways this is there time to shine and They have done fuck all bar sit in that office at ibrox all day getting chippys and posting picks about it. You will also find lot people don't like it cos lot members like James Blair Chris Graham and Houston are cunts. Stuck up snobs or wannabe hardmen 

Give this guy a medal 100% spot on pal i was one of them who seen him and his so called casuals doing just that and yes spitting at ppl for going into the store(never seen him spitting) now he says he speaks for all gers fans the guys an utter disgrace hes selling his book guy must be happy way the blue pound eh. Guy should not be near the fuckin club in my eyes  

I dont know much about how it works but is it a possibility club1872 dont ask probing questions because they dont want to risk their positions within it? I imagine there are benefits they get for running club1872 and if they ask certain questions might piss the board and chairman off and end up having these benefits stopped ? The questions the average fans want to know answers too dont seem to get asked if going by the comments on this thread. Is there something in place which ensures that they can ask any question without consequence?

2 hours ago, M0NTY said:

I dont know much about how it works but is it a possibility club1872 dont ask probing questions because they dont want to risk their positions within it? I imagine there are benefits they get for running club1872 and if they ask certain questions might piss the board and chairman off and end up having these benefits stopped ? The questions the average fans want to know answers too dont seem to get asked if going by the comments on this thread. Is there something in place which ensures that they can ask any question without consequence?

So like a gravy train then?

10 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

So like a gravy train then?

I'm not going to say anything negative i dont know enough, but if there is nothing to protect people from the repercussions of speaking their minds to their seniors then i would imagine it becomes a bit pointless because no one will stick their neck out and stir up the hive if they think by doing so will end whatever favourable positions they may hold. 

Its a bit like when i used to be a contractor, my employer always said that your opinion matters etc until you became what they deemed a problem by speaking your mind about any issues, then ended your contract one way or another and you had no come back. When i turned staff i could say what i liked, anything negative i could just call a manager out on it at a meeting and i couldn't  be sacked. So what protection do the C1872 guys have that protects them from pissing their superiors off  by asking questions that are unfavorable for them to answer? Thats what i'm asking. 

20 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Yeah a guy who is known the length and breadth of English Football to be everything a modern football coach should be, 18 months at Rangers and he suddenly became crooked and unprofessional.

Not buying a word of it and the amount of people I've seen that paint themselves as ever vilgilant of our board (and our chairman in particular) who have repeated these accusations as if they are true is eye opening to me.

On hindsight, you just maybe onto something.

..but, but surely mendacious Dave wouldn't stoop to something like that?

I'm sure D'Art and co will ask all the right questions.

On 21/02/2017 at 6:40 AM, D'Artagnan said:

Apart from..

Liaise obo of members regarding OBFA..

Make fans aware of the council's proposed Ibrox Parking Scheme Permits & atttend meetings relative thereto

Raise the issue of & highlight poor stewarding at Hamilton - a consequence of which Hamilton FC changed their stewarding company.

Meet with Police prior to OF games and raise concerns regarding various issues fans have highighted.

Raise concerns with board regarding the allocations of away tickes to RSC's

Raise concerns with board regarding proposed Green brigade display at Ibrox.

Supporting various charities such as Erskine and Simba

Represent fans at Ibrox Disaster Ceremony.

Acquiring shares which elevates club 1872 to the 5th largest shareholder in the club.

The chippy pic you refer to was posted by Laura Fawkes on Twitter - she did so because once again she was stuck in the Club 1872 office sorting out various admin related matters obo of members.

Next Monday, on my day off, I'll complete the 190 mile round trip to Ibrox so that I can be part of the meeting and ask questions obo members as requested by some on here.

Do you think thats "fuck all" ?

It's fuck all when all fans were being asked for the thick end 20 quid a month for it, that's for sure.... £225 a year! 

It's worrying for the future of the club when things like this are happening. It's eroding away the standing of the club which has been decades upon decades in the making. 

52 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

I'm not going to say anything negative i dont know enough, but if there is nothing to protect people from the repercussions of speaking their minds to their seniors then i would imagine it becomes a bit pointless because no one will stick their neck out and stir up the hive if they think by doing so will end whatever favourable positions they may hold. 

Its a bit like when i used to be a contractor, my employer always said that your opinion matters etc until you became what they deemed a problem by speaking your mind about any issues, then ended your contract one way or another and you had no come back. When i turned staff i could say what i liked, anything negative i could just call a manager out on it at a meeting and i couldn't  be sacked. So what protection do the C1872 guys have that protects them from pissing their superiors off  by asking questions that are unfavorable for them to answer? Thats what i'm asking. 

But isn't club 1872 meant to be independent of the football club though? To hold the board to account on every decision?  The fact of the matter is there should be no benefits from RFC to anyone elected by paying members of an organisation.

they shouldn't even get a free meal voucher as it becomes a farce and is like being rewarded for approving the boards inadequacies.   It may all be a load of rubbish but then again I highly doubt it.

id even urge fans if they want money to go to Rangers to buy things on match days rather than some bogus organisation

29 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

But isn't club 1872 meant to be independent of the football club though? To hold the board to account on every decision?  The fact of the matter is there should be no benefits from RFC to anyone elected by paying members of an organisation.

they shouldn't even get a free meal voucher as it becomes a farce and is like being rewarded for approving the boards inadequacies.   It may all be a load of rubbish but then again I highly doubt it.

id even urge fans if they want money to go to Rangers to buy things on match days rather than some bogus organisation

I think they are independant but i am struggling to believe that they can ask questions which need to be asked and probe them and call out the board and chairman which if we are being honest would be embarassing for them to reply honestly. 

If there is not some sort of governing body in place which controls the relationship fairly between the club and club1872 then it means club1872 is more than likely being favourable to the club in their questions and approach.

Clubs dont like to publicly air their laundry especially if it shows any weakness or that it is not working the way the hoped, and if an independant club1872 are to call them out to explain and give the answers the fans have not had regarding their worries then it seems like more of a pain in the arse for the club. 

The guys who are club1872 do they get a wage from it? I'm not blasting them here im just asking questions that any ill informed fan would ask. It seems to me that C1872 need the club to look favourably on them and that would mean not asking too many questions. 

On 21/02/2017 at 6:40 AM, D'Artagnan said:

Liaise obo of members regarding OBFA..

What is OBFA?

Make fans aware of the council's proposed Ibrox Parking Scheme Permits & attend meetings relative thereto

Surely RFC should be doing that not C1872? The club directors have more clout and would represent the entire fan base. 

Raise the issue of & highlight poor stewarding at Hamilton - a consequence of which Hamilton FC changed their stewarding company.

Again should the Club not be dealing with such problems through the Club Security Officer?

Meet with Police prior to OF games and raise concerns regarding various issues fans have highlighted.

Again should this not be the remit of the RFC Security Officer?

Raise concerns with board regarding the allocations of away tickes to RSC's

Fair enough but what were the concerns?  Some people thought the RSCs got too many and the RSCs thought they didn't get enough.

Raise concerns with board regarding proposed Green brigade display at Ibrox.

Fair enough although I was led to believe that it was never actually going to happen.

Supporting various charities such as Erskine and Simba

I support plenty of charities without the help of C1872.  The RSEA does that job very well and the Rangers Charity Foundation does a great job.

Acquiring shares which elevates club 1872 to the 5th largest shareholder in the club.

Is it not the case that Rangers First was doing a good job in this regard long before C1872 and that since the takeover it is not doing as well?

23 hours ago, eosmhdo said:

Club1872 is about as transparent as the board. Closed shop the pair of them and I for one saw this coming when Rangers first was a success. It was only a matter of time before the usual suspects colluded to get an all encompassing, big giant, not transparent in way way umbrella over the lot of them. Very very sad imo. 

Just the way DM ran us 

Kept assembly onside and they were a massive part of the apathy that set in.

They did fuck all but toe the party line 

These 2 bastards are just copying the bullshit blueprint that DM perfected 

The irony ,used to listen to Dingbat and the trust say ,they wanted DM out at all costs .How ironic then ,the same people are now behind these 2 pricks on the board .

They are going to take us further down with more weakness and embarrassment 

17 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Just the way DM ran us 

Kept assembly onside and they were a massive part of the apathy that set in.

They did fuck all but toe the party line 

These 2 bastards are just copying the bullshit blueprint that DM perfected 

The irony ,used to listen to Dingbat and the trust say ,they wanted DM out at all costs .How ironic then ,the same people are now behind these 2 pricks on the board .

They are going to take us further down with more weakness and embarrassment 

I would say1872 are no longer relevant as a voice of the fans, not that they ever were, nor ever will be, as long as the blazer chasers hold power. The label on the tin does not match what is inside it, but heh you couldn't label for a fifth column and expect to sell it.

Their membership must be plummeting and standing orders drying up and what's left the trough guzzlers will soon soak up.

There will be many a good bear sucked to parting with their hard earned and feeling short changed as you see from several on here. TBH, I'd rather not even hear anything about this self serving organisation and remain the non entity that they are.