From Twitter c1872

ps95v7

2 minutes ago, piperpete said:

This IS utter shite and written to get an argument with the guy, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Don't agree with the whole post made especially not fit for a public role as nobody merited it more from the online fan base imo but the final paragraph was my thoughts when mentioning muted and party line if that makes sense ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

Don't agree with the whole post made especially not fit for a public role as nobody merited it more from the online fan base imo but the final paragraph was my thoughts when mentioning muted and party line if that makes sense ?

Dont worry about it bud I took your post at face value - and replied in the same vein.

Just now, M0NTY said:

Some people think they do a great job, my mate pays the £18.72 a month and whenever i say anything negative he goes on the defensive and tells me they have done alot for the club. I'm not convinced myself tbh.

Ive listed much of what weve been involved in since inception in the Club 1872 statement thread Monty.

1 minute ago, M0NTY said:

Some people think they do a great job, my mate pays the £18.72 a month and whenever i say anything negative he goes on the defensive and tells me they have done alot for the club. I'm not convinced myself tbh.

Lets be honest he aint going to say hes pissed it up against the wall :dance:

D'art I have enjoyed reading your material for a while now, you write like football should be played, free flowing and entertaining.

I can't help but think that if you weren't with C1872, you would be at the forefront of this, demanding answers and clarity.

A few questions please, D'art.

In your mind is C1872 pushing the board enough?

Is there enough independence to call the board out, if need be? 

Does C1872 pay expenses If so what expenses?

Thanks in advance D'art. 

Tell you what, imho much be can be argued about on the 1872 subject matter but what is not up for debate is that Dar't has earned and deserves respect, a bit more than is being offered on a few different threads today.   He is one guy, clearly a fucking good guy who I would guess is in a very challenging situation.  

We start making guys like him the problem, I'm really not sure where we go from there.

I know you neither seek or need me defending you Dar't but from my perspective it needs said. 

3 minutes ago, Four Founding Fathers said:

D'art I have enjoyed reading your material for a while now, you write like football should be played, free flowing and entertaining.

I can't help but think that if you weren't with C1872, you would be at the forefront of this, demanding answers and clarity.

A few questions please, D'art.

In your mind is C1872 pushing the board enough?

Is there enough independence to call the board out, if need be? 

Does C1872 pay expenses If so what expenses?

Thanks in advance D'art. 

Well as I answered a few posts back bud - I like things to be evidenced based so that would be my starting point.

When you ask if we are pushing the board hard enough - I would say yes but only within the confines of what we are capable of doing - and what I mean by that is that we have asked for a face to face with SR next Monday where we will present a series of questions and get answers from him. Its still a long way away from the type of vigilance I hope one day our fans will be able to exercise.

Im firmly of the opinion there is sufficient independence to call this or any other board out - if there wasnt I simply wouldnt be there.

No expenses are paid to the Club 1872 directors - its purely voluntary

Oh goody, ANOTHER thread on c1872 where we can all jump up & down and call them all names.

I'm all for criticism were needed and I have over the recent statement but there is just a feel that no matter what or who, if it's done in the man's of c1872... the it's automatically condemned here.

39 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Ive listed much of what weve been involved in since inception in the Club 1872 statement thread Monty.

Cheers. I dont know enough to form my own honest opinion on it but i get a negative vibe about them from this forum which may or may not be deserved i am undecided and haven't read arguments for both sides to conclude my take take on it. I'll do a bit of reading...

We have been made mugs of so often recently it is disgusting but the one hope from reading DArts blogs and at least voicing on here is we at least have one man who will say it as it is and is at least in touch with supporters and probably knows more than 80% that are on this board.

No pressure DArt but get them told!

13 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

We have been made mugs of so often recently it is disgusting but the one hope from reading DArts blogs and at least voicing on here is we at least have one man who will say it as it is and is at least in touch with supporters and probably knows more than 80% that are on this board.

No pressure DArt but get them told!

No doubt D'arts privy to more than 80% on here, so lets hear it from D'art who represents our fan base, why's this board making a cunt of our club without retort from our "fan bases" representatives? Anything short of utter condemnation for the way they have carried themselves this season is the act of a toothless organisation, period. 

An organisation like 1872 will always be tainted with the likes of graham and Houston involved.   You could say they were elected by members but these folk have a strategy and wouldn't have stood for election without a good chance of winning- abit like the politics world.  You will always get good guys on 1872 but I'd wager they're not the most vocal ones. How can a guy from the sos be on the board of Club 1872 and not be pushing for answers on retail deal whilst selling his own muck?

there may very well be good intentions from some but the others just wanted to stop the Rangers first group as that was always the most attractive one to put a membership in.  And at the end of the day it boils down to more money

8 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

Yes you are right it was clear some had better promotion than others. If you recall I took a break from blogging as I didnt think that would be appropriate in the run up to an election at which I was a candidate.

Where I would disagree with you is that I dont think it should be a default position of mine to defend the group - I dont think carte blanche defensive mode helps anyone - especialy if there are lessons to be learned which improve the organisation. Im open to critcism and well aware Im not immune to error.

But as you know I have an appetite for the truth and am willing to defend those in the Rangers family who are subjected to lies - Ive done it for others and will do it for Club 1872 - whether I am on the board of directors or not.

I think for you D'Art that some people had unrealistic expectations on your influence and hoped you could vent the frustration of the fan base in a way which we could not.

Don't take it personally would be my advice to you, your as much caught between a rock and a hard place as us just now because without a board who will engage completely then the vehicle you are currently on is not going to accomplish much unfortunately. I doubt many on here would deny your love of the club and the fans so when you get some harsh words vented your way it is out of frustration as you do at least engage in discussion.

Best wishes to you mate, I do not envy your position with 1872 but applaud you for taking on the burden.

8 hours ago, markem said:

Tell you what, imho much be can be argued about on the 1872 subject matter but what is not up for debate is that Dar't has earned and deserves respect, a bit more than is being offered on a few different threads today.   He is one guy, clearly a fucking good guy who I would guess is in a very challenging situation.  

We start making guys like him the problem, I'm really not sure where we go from there.

I know you neither seek or need me defending you Dar't but from my perspective it needs said. 

well said Markem, I made my comment without even seeing yours first.

9 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

I can assure you thats the plan - challenging questions and comprehensive feedback.

I'll be honest with you though bud - its still a world away from where I would like a fans group to be - at the end of the day we are solely reliant on the answers given

This is the problem I have with certain members of the 1872 board D'art, they may ask a serious question but they are more than happy to be fobbed off with a nonsense answer while tipping their cap and saying thanks very much. 

We have to remember that 1872 is more than just a fans group, we are one of the largest shareholders and it's about time the board of RIFC are made to realise that if they don't get their head out of their own arse then any chance of 1872 backing any proposal put forward will be voted against, and we will be lobbying the other shareholders to do the same. 

1 hour ago, Carsons Dog said:

And there's the rub

It stinks.. and in my view is a real conflict of interest,  I've heard the monies go to Rangers but how?  There's been no share offering and the only shares 1872 can buy is from individuals. All this charade does is give a bigger voice to the market trader and Mick jagger wannabe