Would you sell Foderingham or McKay ?

gmcf

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

He understood numbers ok.   Pounds, shillings and pence numbers.  But imp had a nowhere near good enough idea about football formation numbers and how to make them work to advantage with the players available in his squad.  He seemed to me to be more fascinated by the mathematical stuff that came out of Brentford and in the theory of randomness than he was in working out how to get a squad of players to be Rangers winners.   

And another thing, when he used to say (often) in response to financial and related questions that these were beyond his pay grade.   Bollocks.    IMO he was in a grocer from Grantham mode and he knew it.

Yes he defo was a Monte Carlo simulation man but perhaps forgot to factor in human behaviour  ??   Defo the grocer also lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Willis said:

Definitely. How often to you see the papers wax lyrical about some new celtic "star" with predictions of him going for millions? Never happens with our players. It's something we need to focus on, because like it or not it works. It creates hype and it's also probably good for the players morale which makes them play even better.

Yes the media exaggerate the value of the players to the point that it's ridiculous but I think it definitely increases their potential value. And it's something that we need to work on

I don't think it's ridiculous to think that some of our players could be potentially worth £10 mill because if they were down south they would be, but it is ridiculous to think we would get that because we don't do a good job of putting our players in the shop window. And it's us as a Club who have failed to take advantage of the media

Yeah . It doesn't help that most of the media are c....c fans themselves , and reporting it as if it's a factual amount . Then when it's endlessly repeated , from various outlets , it appears to become an accepted figure . 

Just another obstacle we have to overcome , because they , or certainly the majority , won't be doing us any favours . 

Both keepers.

Actually that's wrong, one is a keeper but I'd keep both. :happy:

Wes has not embarrassed himself often behind a truly dodgy and consistently woeful defence. Our goals against ratio is not too bad so he is obviously doing something right (unlike our defence). I can only see him improving with better players and tactics in front of him. 

Barry is a skilful player with great potential and will be off to England at some stage. The Old Firm games could make or break his transfer potential in the short term. So I'd keep him, but would not say no to ridiculous money.

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

Was on the how much do you think we'll spend there , and in my opinion , I can only see us giving the new manager in the region of £2-3M to spend on transfer fees . Not a great deal to make wholesale changes , which we really could do with , and also very reliant on bringing out something different to existing players , which can be a bit of a gamble . So it got me thinking . . . 

Again in my opinion , Wes Foderingham and Barrie McKay are our two main ' stars ' that would certainly deserve to stay and play under PC , but would you sell them to give the new manager some real money to transform this squad ? 

Basing this only on the rumours of BMcK going to Red Bull for £6M and given that diddy Foster going for £10 , you've got to assume WF should be around that , or even say another £6M . If we sold one , together with the funds I think will be available, that would give the manager £10M to spend , or if both , in the region of £15M to spend , which really could transform a squad that has largely disappointed this season . 

So would you sell our two biggest assets ? 

Fuck yes...I would sell my granny if it helped us mate

I would swap Barrie mckay for dembele/

In fact I would swap the whole team for him.Hope to fuck he goes for a whopping transfer and snakeeyes trousers all the profit for himself as a massive bonus. They are like that .

I'd keep both. Fact is we wouldn't get anywhere near the money we would need to replace them or properly rebuild. You'd be lucky if we got £7m for both. 

Cant say 'Wes is worth £10m because forsterstein was sold for that and he's a fanny' ?. Forster played well, stood out and got clean sheets in massive games for the pheados. Wes looks a half decent shot stopper from time to time with the worst distribution i have seen from a professional keeper. There is a huge difference.

and as for Barrie he flatters to deceive and does something with end product every now and then. Again when Jonny Hayes and Niall mcginn are statistically twice the player you have to ask just how much potential suitors would pay for mckay. The potential is undoubtedly there but it's a gamble - especially when big clubs can now through obscene money on the finished product. 

4 hours ago, gmcf said:

Yeah . It doesn't help that most of the media are c....c fans themselves , and reporting it as if it's a factual amount . Then when it's endlessly repeated , from various outlets , it appears to become an accepted figure . 

Just another obstacle we have to overcome , because they , or certainly the majority , won't be doing us any favours . 

Exactly right there. I'm sure the £40 million for dembelle came from the papers and got quoted so much that apparently that's what Chelsea were willing to pay. Bullshit he's worth nowhere near that

6 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

A very good young goalkeeper, how much do they say dembele is worth?

Yet again our fans shooting themselves in the foot, due to the current market Fod could quite easily be worth that - and yes we should try and push that - not say naw he's no. Unless you actually want our club to get less money for him than more.

This a million times. The taigs constantly value their players highly, which like it or not translates into the market price. We on the other hand never do it. In answer to the question posed by the OP, then no I wouldn't sell our best players.

6 hours ago, gmcf said:

Basing this only on the rumours of BMcK going to Red Bull for £6M and given that diddy Foster going for £10 , you've got to assume WF should be around that , or even say another £6M .

6 million to 10 million for Fod:snapoutofit:

:headwall: 

I get what the OP is saying and agree that PC needs funds to make any headway ... but I would expect this to be up to the board and PC, in their pre-employment interviews, to determine the level of investment available to PC for spending on any new players brought in to strengthen the team ..... rather than selling off the likes of WF and or BMcK.

If this supposed investment amount was not of a level to the new manager's agreement ... then I don't think he would have signed for 3 years .... surely he would have wanted some form of assurance in this important area before putting pen to paper ..... I would hope this was so, or we are in for another rough ride.

If on the other hand ..... the manager has been informed he can form a squad of his own choosing with the condition being 1 in 1 out  ... then I don't think it wise to sell BMcK or WF as they are of more value to us in their respective positions staying than going at the moment . ... but not at this time as I don't think we would get what was necessary from their respective sales to improve our overall position on the playing field .... as in the past.

We really are in the hands of the board and what they have "promised" to fund PC and his management team with ..... by past performances, not great .... but hopefully they have got it right this time.

:UK:

1 hour ago, mo55 said:

I would swap Barrie mckay for dembele/

In fact I would swap the whole team for him.Hope to fuck he goes for a whopping transfer and snakeeyes trousers all the profit for himself as a massive bonus. They are like that .

WTF is this post all about???

Either a fishing trips or a taig.

Be lucky if we got 10 million for the pair of them imo I wouldn't like to see any of them go. McKay is our only player with real quality.  If the board except the manager to sell our best players so he can have a decent transfer budget we are fucked.  

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Both keepers.

Actually that's wrong, one is a keeper but I'd keep both. :happy:

Wes has not embarrassed himself often behind a truly dodgy and consistently woeful defence. Our goals against ratio is not too bad so he is obviously doing something right (unlike our defence). I can only see him improving with better players and tactics in front of him. 

Barry is a skilful player with great potential and will be off to England at some stage. The Old Firm games could make or break his transfer potential in the short term. So I'd keep him, but would not say no to ridiculous money.

I think both are good players and usually would want to keep them , but I was talking more in respect of getting additional funds to make much needed changes to the playing squad .