Would you sell Foderingham or McKay ?

gmcf

Was on the how much do you think we'll spend there , and in my opinion , I can only see us giving the new manager in the region of £2-3M to spend on transfer fees . Not a great deal to make wholesale changes , which we really could do with , and also very reliant on bringing out something different to existing players , which can be a bit of a gamble . So it got me thinking . . . 

Again in my opinion , Wes Foderingham and Barrie McKay are our two main ' stars ' that would certainly deserve to stay and play under PC , but would you sell them to give the new manager some real money to transform this squad ? 

Basing this only on the rumours of BMcK going to Red Bull for £6M and given that diddy Foster going for £10 , you've got to assume WF should be around that , or even say another £6M . If we sold one , together with the funds I think will be available, that would give the manager £10M to spend , or if both , in the region of £15M to spend , which really could transform a squad that has largely disappointed this season . 

So would you sell our two biggest assets ? 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, offminorthreat said:

Foderingham £10m are you for real or are you Pedro trying to stoke the market? 

A very good young goalkeeper, how much do they say dembele is worth?

Yet again our fans shooting themselves in the foot, due to the current market Fod could quite easily be worth that - and yes we should try and push that - not say naw he's no. Unless you actually want our club to get less money for him than more.

Just now, offminorthreat said:

Foderingham £10m are you for real or are you Pedro trying to stoke the market? 

:lol: Like I say , I'm only basing that on Foster going for £10M and I'd rather have WF in my team than that fanny. I did play safe though and watered it down to about £6M ! 

I like both players. We have a better chance with both players however like everyone in our history, no one is irreplaceable, but only on our terms and for the right price. 

If we want to win the league next season though selling arguably our two best assets at this crucial time, IMO would be foolish.

Yep. Would happily sell both. Foderingham would be easily replaced and Mackay shows it in flashes but is nowhere near consistent enough. We need strengthened all over the pitch and decent money for Mackay would help with that.

hes too much of a luxury at the moment

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I like both players. We have a better chance with both players however like everyone in our history, no one is irreplaceable, but only on our terms and for the right price. 

If we want to win the league next season though selling arguably our two best assets at this crucial time, IMO would be foolish.

Yeah l like both and ideally I'd like them to stay , but we need changes and i really don't see us giving the new manager any meaningful amount of money to make many any serious transformation. 

Yes......but.   And not just these two if sensible bids came in.

The 'but' is only if Pedro felt he could still assemble a proper Rangers title-challenging team if they were sold and the transfer fees were then used to obtain the sort of player he thinks would be needed.

4 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

A decent manager and scouting system should see us able to replace both with players of similar calibre or better. Wes is no more than ordinary, and McKay has the odd moment of quality in between longer periods of adequacy.

I think they're both a bit better than that tbh . Sadly , they're probably the only two that we would get any serious money for . 

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Yes......but.   And not just these two if sensible bids came in.

The 'but' is only if Pedro felt he could still assemble a proper Rangers title-challenging team if they were sold and the transfer fees were then used to obtain the sort of player he thinks would be needed.

There's quite a few I'd happily see the back of , unfortunately I don't see anyone wanting any of them , or I'd be keeping Wes and Barrie . 

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Correct and as poor as we've been our number 1 target is to win the league next year ?

Why isn't this a poll...

Also I'd keep McKay for at least another 3 years, get him european games and some caps, pump his value up a bit. 

Wes I'd keep for as long as possible, he's a pretty good keeper and would be a good sell on. 

So right now, I wouldn't sell either of them even though they are likely worth the most but McKay has more value on him. (I got him to 16m on Fifa so it must be true.) Quote that Bearsden meltdown :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I would have sold Fod and kept Gilks but we had a manager who never had a fkn clue about football or footballing finance which was shocking considering he was supposed to have worked with numbers.

I think you're spot on there . I don't think Gilks let us down any time he played  . I just didn't see the logic there , letting him go for nothing when we might have got a reasonable fee for WF and still have a good keeper on the books . 

Just now, gmcf said:

Yeah l like both and ideally I'd like them to stay , but we need changes and i really don't see us giving the new manager any meaningful amount of money to make many any serious transformation. 

It's a tough call. We have a lot of players who NEED replaced IMO. Replacing players who are actually pretty good and can make a difference would seem unnecessary. Of course though if the board don't provide sufficient funds then you're in a catch 22 situation. 

If the board want this to work they must ensure we keep the limited quality we have and back the new man financially in the transfer market. There is no room for fucking around.