Holts tackle

RFCRobertson

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, WGOH said:

Genuinely can't believe these cunts are shouting for this to be a red card. Fucking embarrassing. None of them will want to talk about Browns elbow when he was on a booking, as long as there something to moan about with a Rangers player, always cheated never defeated. I'll say it again, what a fucking tackle wee Jason

Wee fuck face Walker says "it was more hand than elbow " so it was ok 

Constant bias right the way through the commentary .

On 3/13/2017 at 2:23 AM, WGOH said:

Genuinely can't believe these cunts are shouting for this to be a red card. Fucking embarrassing. None of them will want to talk about Browns elbow when he was on a booking, as long as there something to moan about with a Rangers player, always cheated never defeated. I'll say it again, what a fucking tackle wee Jason

Holt swung that mongo to the ground at one point :lol: 

He also when down like a wee poof when Tav and Holt? I'm sure hardly touched him.

On Sun Mar 12 2017 at 8:13 PM, He's blue he's white said:

Always loved Holt.  Really think he's a player...His energy and movement has always been good, he was aggressive and dynamic today.

Genuinely believe that tackle give us the platform to build on and push for that final equaliser 

His energy is good but his "movement" is poor. Said it before, all he does is come back for wee meaningless one-two's with the defenders & slows things up. In saying that, he put in a great shift on Sunday, loved the tackle on Roberts & he did manage to ruffle Brown's feathers. Fair play to him.

8 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

His energy is good but his "movement" is poor. Said it before, all he does is come back for wee meaningless one-two's with the defenders & slows things up. In saying that, he put in a great shift on Sunday, loved the tackle on Roberts & he did manage to ruffle Brown's feathers. Fair play to him.

When he plays to his potential his movement is one of his strengths imo.  Off the ball he can be excellant.

Had his subsequent shot gone in, fucking hell, that would have been one of the greatest phases of play by an individual in Old Firm history.

It didn't, though, and he cost us their goal - and almost the match - by failing to do the basics of kicking a football properly, leading to their goal.

Apologies to rain on the Holt parade, but if Halliday did that, he would be destroyed on here - and rightly so.

3 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Had his subsequent shot gone in, fucking hell, that would have been one of the greatest phases of play by an individual in Old Firm history.

It didn't, though, and he cost us their goal - and almost the match - by failing to do the basics of kicking a football properly, leading to their goal.

Apologies to rain on the Holt parade, but if Halliday did that, he would be destroyed on here - and rightly so.

I disagree. I think it would still have been recognised as a stupid mistake in an otherwise solid performance, even if it was Halliday.

I think the problem most of our support have with Halliday is that he's far more likely to be rolling around like Roberts in that video than he is to be putting in tackles like Holt.

On 12/03/2017 at 8:13 PM, He's blue he's white said:

Always loved Holt.  Really think he's a player...His energy and movement has always been good, he was aggressive and dynamic today.

Genuinely believe that tackle give us the platform to build on and push for that final equaliser 

I agree - we seemed to up the tempo again after that.

Roberts hadn't stopped rolling as Holt curled it just past the post.

Holt never even acknowledged him rolling about. 

4 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What impressed me about him, even though it was a silly mistake, he rolled his sleeves up and didn't let it affect him. He didn't let brown bully him and probably got the better of him in the end. 2nd half he was everywhere - I thought he was brilliant

On 3/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Prso's headband said:

He gets the ball. How else does it stop? Same with Hill at the end he gets it with his heel. 

That Dembele is a diving cheating prick

Aye, I had a watch of the highlights again on the BBC site and they asked "Was he fouled or did he trip himself up?" Er, third option guys, he's a cheating, diving, prick

13 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I disagree. I think it would still have been recognised as a stupid mistake in an otherwise solid performance, even if it was Halliday.

I think the problem most of our support have with Halliday is that he's far more likely to be rolling around like Roberts in that video than he is to be putting in tackles like Holt.

A "stupid mistake" is being robbed of possession in a dangerous area or misplacing a pass straight to an opponent.

What Holt did is on show every week in the Juniors.

You're at it if you think Halliday, in the same position, would have been passed off as a "stupid mistake". Go into his topic on the first page of the Bears Den and look at his reaction to signing autographs during last week's warm-up, never mind costing us a goal at Parkhead.

41 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

A "stupid mistake" is being robbed of possession in a dangerous area or misplacing a pass straight to an opponent.

What Holt did is on show every week in the Juniors.

You're at it if you think Halliday, in the same position, would have been passed off as a "stupid mistake". Go into his topic on the first page of the Bears Den and look at his reaction to signing autographs during last week's warm-up, never mind costing us a goal at Parkhead.

It may well be on show every week in the juniors. Hold doesn't do it every week though therefore it's a stupid mistake, albeit a costly one. It wasn't even the poor control that cost us the goal it was the fact he let Armstrong move into space afterwards without tracking him.

I'm not "at it" regarding Halliday either. That's my opinion. If others are getting wound up over him signing a few autographs during a warm up then that's their problem. I couldn't care less about that tbh.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It may well be on show every week in the juniors. Hold doesn't do it every week though therefore it's a stupid mistake, albeit a costly one. It wasn't even the poor control that cost us the goal it was the fact he let Armstrong move into space afterwards without tracking him.

I'm not "at it" regarding Halliday either. That's my opinion. If others are getting wound up over him signing a few autographs during a warm up then that's their problem. I couldn't care less about that tbh.

It's consistency dictates whether it's a stupid mistake or not? Nonsense.

You're clutching at straws with your second sentence. His poor control didn't cost us the goal? It absolutely did, but if you want to be particular, then I raise you that Armstrong's left boot cost us the goal.

8 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

It's consistency dictates whether it's a stupid mistake or not? Nonsense.

You're clutching at straws with your second sentence. His poor control didn't cost us the goal? It absolutely did, but if you want to be particular, then I raise you that Armstrong's left boot cost us the goal.

Well yes. If it happens consistently then it's not a mistake, it's a lack of ability.

I'm not clutching at straws at all. Yes, his poor control gifted them possession but if he had bothered to track Armstrong instead of following the ball and allowing him to move into space to get a shot away unchallenged then he might have been able to prevent it.

28 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Well yes. If it happens consistently then it's not a mistake, it's a lack of ability.

I'm not clutching at straws at all. Yes, his poor control gifted them possession but if he had bothered to track Armstrong instead of following the ball and allowing him to move into space to get a shot away unchallenged then he might have been able to prevent it.

:lol:

5399805046_0d30e4dd70.jpg