Waghorn wanted by Forest, Leeds, & Sunderland?

Rambo1872

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Has he? Do you have a link to this?

Martyn Waghorn pointed the finger at Mark Warburton for the indecision that unsettled his Ibrox squad.

The Light Blues striker revealed he is already moving on from the Warburton era at Rangersas he fired them into the last eight of the Scottish Cup . 

Waghorn netted the winner in the 2-1 victory over Morton and backed his team-mates to keep improving after admitting their form hasn’t always been up to scratch in recent months.

But he appeared to take a dig at his former boss by claiming he chopped and changed his line-up too often to the detriment of squad morale.

Waghorn, asked if they had under performed as a squad this season, said: “You could say so. It’s been difficult one. People don’t know if they are playing, they are in and out. There has been a lot of uncertainty at times.

“But you are playing for a big club and people are not going to deliver that on a plate. You have to go out and work for it. Other players and I have been in and out, but it’s important you do your job when you are called upon.

“It’s been difficult for a number of players and a number of different reasons, but it is by now and it is time to move on.

“The only way we can respond is by winning games of football. We need to keep doing what is essential for this club, which is winning matches. Yes, it’s been difficult and hard, but that’s part and parcel of playing for a big club and we’ve just got to get on with it.

“For me, it is all about what the players do, regardless of who is on the touchline.”

6 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Not  many would have complained if Alan Hutton had left on a free before Walter Smith replaced PLG. I'd rather wait and see how Waghorn does in the next few months before making judgements on whether he should stay or go and at what price.

Fair point tbf 

8 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Slow news day in the media and nothing negative to write about Rangers, So they just make things up. 

It was reported in the mail down south where I am working on Tuesday the Scottish mail just copied 

18 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

Would be good to have as a squad player but not too bothered if he goes. 

I'd get rid of Dodoo and Garner before I got rid of Waghorn though. 

Never been a big fan of Waggy but I agree he's better than Dodoo & Garner. But then, so am I & I'm 66.

20 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Bog standard £5m for every Rangers first team player under 30. If they want him, they can pay for him. We ain't looking to sell and we don't need to sell. 

This is the attitude we need to start having if we are going to catch Celtic anytime soon. They've been doing it for years with there players 

16 hours ago, cushynumber said:

do you think MW just picks up a back hander everytime he signs these players? its the only reason I can think that he just keeps signing them

Well I thought something similar then noticed MW's attempt with his company Cycad Sports Management in 2010 where he joined up with TV producer Justin Andrews and Brentford F.C. owner Matthew Benham to form NEXTgen Series -  an under 19 euro football club competition.....which subsequently failed after only 2 years.

Two players involved were Jordan Rossiter and Jon Toral.......  :whistle:

21 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

Using a Dumbelle calculator here, 8 .5 million pounds or they can do one :Fod:

If you're using that calculator then surely Waghorn's easily worth £12 million.

If there are teams really looking at him and it's not just the usual paper talk and they're willing to offer a sensible price then by all means ship him out.

10 hours ago, GeeSS said:

43 goals in 67 appearances  

Most of them against championship teams, though. Hasn't scored many in the premiership and missed a lot of sitters, as well as being greedy and trying to score when passing to a player in a better position would've ended in a goal instead of another wasted chance.