NBA

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Gibson, Rose and Burkes (first game) have kept Knicks alive in this series 

it’s time now to either to defend Young (unlikely) 

Or Randle to show up. 

a fair few in the Knicks are going to have a lot of those mornings waking up cold thinking “what if” based on this series so far. 

Trae being on 3 fouls could be interesting, need a big performance this half like game 2 second half. 

Sadly just getting away from the Knicks, Trae, Collins, Capella and Bodgon are all very decent Galo, Williams and Hunter give depth , Hawks might give Philly a decent game, they have class talent but they have played weird minutes, good players on the bench wayyy too often for play off games

Knicks should make moves for Collins one of the best free agents going 

If the Bucks had actually got Bogdon they would have pissed their way to a ring. 

Hawks have good shit in that roster 

18 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Sadly just getting away from the Knicks, Trae, Collins, Capella and Bodgon are all very decent Galo, Williams and Hunter give depth , Hawks might give Philly a decent game, they have class talent but they have played weird minutes, good players on the bench wayyy too often for play off games

Knicks should make moves for Collins one of the best free agents going 

If the Bucks had actually got Bogdon they would have pissed their way to a ring. 

Hawks have good shit in that roster 

The Hawks undoubtedly have a very good squad, if both stay with there teams then I think the finals of the future will be Mavs v Hawks, Doncic vs Young everything writes itself. 

I thought the Knicks could do it but when your star player doesn't show up and your supporting cast outside D Rose aren't exactly known for scoring then your in trouble, still a great season to build on but need a knock down shooter and another star. 

3 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The Hawks undoubtedly have a very good squad, if both stay with there teams then I think the finals of the future will be Mavs v Hawks, Doncic vs Young everything writes itself. 

I thought the Knicks could do it but when your star player doesn't show up and your supporting cast outside D Rose aren't exactly known for scoring then your in trouble, still a great season to build on but need a knock down shooter and another star. 

Aye sadly it moves quick the NBA these days compared to 10-20 years ago, the league is stacked with plenty of guys ready to step up, to me Luka is a long way in front, but then you do have your Zions, Young’s, Tatums, Mitchell’s, Morants, Lamelo, a lot of class young talent - Cunningham is seemingly an absolute phenomenon next draft. 

a lot of them are in historically shit markets though - Boston long term with Tatum and Brown as a second hand have good pillars in place, but Christ knows, Lakers and Nets might trade their souls away or unsettle players which sadly seems to be closer to the new new now given how AD and Harden acted to get moved, hard to keep a star if they decide times up and they want a move and ring hunt 

As likely as all to me though  is Luka owns the market like Lebron and players just want to play with him. Very much in the it will becomes Lukas world and we live in group, he’s got it in to be in the GOAT chat. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Aye sadly it moves quick the NBA these days compared to 10-20 years ago, the league is stacked with plenty of guys ready to step up, to me Luka is a long way in front, but then you do have your Zions, Young’s, Tatums, Mitchell’s, Morants, Lamelo, a lot of class young talent - Cunningham is seemingly an absolute phenomenon next draft. 

a lot of them are in historically shit markets though - Boston long term with Tatum and Brown as a second hand have good pillars in place, but Christ knows, Lakers and Nets might trade their souls away or unsettle players which sadly seems to be closer to the new new now given how AD and Harden acted to get moved, hard to keep a star if they decide times up and they want a move and ring hunt 

As likely as all to me though  is Luka owns the market like Lebron and players just want to play with him. Very much in the it will becomes Lukas world and we live in group, he’s got it in to be in the GOAT chat. 

The future is definitely bright for the NBA, Think Ja Morant has proved to be the best out of his rookie class even with Zion being a freak of nature, hopefully next year we see the best of him. 

Once Lebron goes AD will be the main man for the Lakers and they will build from there, the Nets already traded everything for the next couple of years at least & Boston have solid pieces to build around but they had a load of draft picks and options that Danny Ainge has spectacularly fucked up. 

Knicks have lost this completely. They look lost out there and the occasion of being in the post season seems to have got to the younger players. 

I can barely remember the Knicks getting an open look in this game and any decent looks have all been at the perimeter after a high screen and dish from Rose. Atlanta have defended really well and Knicks don't have any offence at all really. 

Taj Gibson had a great game just showing leadership and hustle on the court. So fucking frustrating to see Bullock just laughing after getting called for a stupid travel in a fast break 2 on 1 in a must win playoff game. 

31 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The future is definitely bright for the NBA, Think Ja Morant has proved to be the best out of his rookie class even with Zion being a freak of nature, hopefully next year we see the best of him. 

Once Lebron goes AD will be the main man for the Lakers and they will build from there, the Nets already traded everything for the next couple of years at least & Boston have solid pieces to build around but they had a load of draft picks and options that Danny Ainge has spectacularly fucked up. 

Zion has been ace this year 

could totally see weirdo teams giving the house away for any of the big 3 just to have them for a year, hard to get a star / can get a lot once you have them 

Totally fine with how the Knicks play offs have went, they aren’t good enough, it’s still a franchise needing a load of work and fuck Dolan if he thought he could trick people into thinking other than that 

this seasons been great but only because the accepted water level is so fucking low, it’s a great market,  this season will NEVER just be the expected, even after all this time of his ownership it’s still not a hard luck franchise 

a lot of love for the group, ethic and coach but still not the overall picture, fascinated to see what Wes does this summer but even then it’s all just boy who cried wolf till Dolan fucks off

I love Lebron but he would be a flat out annoying cunt on a night out, moaning like fuck about how someone pours a pint or how a shot is .2 ml shallower than it should be

i respect his greatness but I couldnae be fucked with being around someone constantly wanting standards all the time, which I accept says more about me than him 

Lakers will probably win but.. 

I’ve enjoyed CP coming back from the dead - the crowd 

CP I’m back was ace 

Ayton 

this series  (and clearly the Knicks series) have had moments of “let’s fucking go” which sports (Rangers) rarely aside have for 14 months, this play offs has been so good 

as an aside no one has ever managed the emotions of sport as well as Mike Breen, incredible 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Totally fine with how the Knicks play offs have went, they aren’t good enough, it’s still a franchise needing a load of work and fuck Dolan if he thought he could trick people into thinking other than that 

this seasons been great but only because the accepted water level is so fucking low, it’s a great market,  this season will NEVER just be the expected, even after all this time of his ownership it’s still not a hard luck franchise 

a lot of love for the group, ethic and coach but still not the overall picture, fascinated to see what Wes does this summer but even then it’s all just boy who cried wolf till Dolan fucks off

The Knicks are far from even being a regular play off team, but they have so much potential with draft picks and cap space that they have the opportunity to get some key pieces in around Randle. We just have to make sure our acquisitions are right. 

Vogel just needs to drop Drummond period. Amongst other things, he makes their offensive spacing non existent and its been infuriating as fuck to watch at times in this game. 

Big Marc may have a body like a bin bag full of yoghurt and walk like his knees are about to cave in now, but need to see if he can carry more minutes.

14 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

The Knicks are far from even being a regular play off team, but they have so much potential with draft picks and cap space that they have the opportunity to get some key pieces in around Randle. We just have to make sure our acquisitions are right. 

Not sure Randle is the main piece, RJ, Mitch and Quckley is the timeline they need to get on rather than Julias I think 

50 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Not sure Randle is the main piece, RJ, Mitch and Quckley is the timeline they need to get on rather than Julias I think 

If I'm being honest I'm not totally convinced that any of them are your main guy in a team with championship aspirations, but you might be right in terms of the time line as Randle is 26. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Keep Randle for next year even though he has had a poor post season he is vital to the way the Knicks play, outside D Rose if Barrett and Randle aren't cooking then the Knicks offense is non exsistant. 

The Lakers-Suns series just got a whole lot more fun with AD going out, if AD is out for the playoffs whoever comes out the east wins it IMO. 

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Keep Randle for next year even though he has had a poor post season he is vital to the way the Knicks play, outside D Rose if Barrett and Randle aren't cooking then the Knicks offense is non exsistant. 

The Lakers-Suns series just got a whole lot more fun with AD going out, if AD is out for the playoffs whoever comes out the east wins it IMO. 

Isn't that Randle's first time in the playoffs? He's a beast, if NO hadn't drafted Zion I'd have loved to have kept him.

20 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If I'm being honest I'm not totally convinced that any of them are your main guy in a team with championship aspirations, but you might be right in terms of the time line as Randle is 26. 

I think if you put a star around them you change the picture pretty quick, I think all 3 have pitch of talent in them but they need a star and even before the play offs it’s not Randle (sorry, love his season)  they need a legit all star. I think the crowd for the play offs must be appealing to the ego of someone out there to say “i want that for me”

I do agree though they those 3 are only relevant with an all star. 100%, none of them can carry it on their own 

I love Mitch in particular he’s been a miss, the only Grade A in market anytime soon is Kawhi and .. not sure it’s him, i hope they upset someone and make the market appeal. It’s a 2K trade but I’d love is they unpacked all their shit to get a Mitchell (who’s never loved the Utah crowd)  or Morant (just a dream because I love his game) and just give the house away to get them, they won’t, they never do sadly

Surprised to see Washington extend the series last night. I was pretty sure they were about to be swept but it looks like everything was running through Harris for the Sixers and he broke 20 points on 8 from 24 from the field which is so so poor.

Security also had to tackle a fan running onto the court. Fans are losing their fucking minds since being allowed back in to the arenas. It's getting silly.