NBA

Awesome Play Offs, PG was fucking great, Mitchell is flogged, probably shouldn't be playing. 

If Kawhi is out for a year the Clippers are utterly fucked, they will most likely extend him on the max and have a year without him, leaves them to be lead by PG for a year, a load of vets who only signed to look for a ring with Kawhi and basically no picks, and no real tradeable assets. 

Not sure I can see past the Suns for winning it all, if they can pick off a Kawhi-less Clippers in the Finals they'll be so well rest to deal with team who have had an absolute slog in the other conference with all seeming like they have walking wounded.

16 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Oh fucking hi you. 

I hate seeing players leave teams but Zion at the Knicks would be the absolute franchise.  

As a Jordan asset (smart as fuck merch) he would make any money lost back on contracts in 12 months, he would become a very rich boy kicking about NYC 

He has wanted NY before he was even drafted. I'm sure I remember a few NBA journos reporting at the time of the Draft Lottery that he was 'visibly upset' when the Pelicans won the lottery as he wanted to go to New York but instead would have to go to New Orleans :lol:

Think he will have to wait it out in New Orleans for a couple of years yet

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

OKC play NBA like I play 2K just hoarding the fuck out of picks. 

Boston look like they might be making moves to get cap space for a third star - better not be fucking Dame. 

Do they even have the pieces to make a trade like that ? Surely the Blazers would demand Jaylen Brown *at least* in that trade?

I could see Kawhi opting out of his PO with the Clippers this year though if they get bounced in the play-offs, would send shockwaves as only a few teams have the cap space to sign him, maybe Boston are doing this in the hope that happens but if not then they can still go and pick up someone like CP3, Kyle Lowry or even Mike Conley

I’m pretty gutted the Nets got beat TBH.

It fucks me off that players are only judged as valid by some now if they have a ring/legit ring etc 

KD in particular despite having won already is a player who has always been judged quite harshly by a lot of NBA fans but he is a great, great NBA player - two of his displays in this Play Offs against the Bucks have been a complete master piece, a win this season would have seen more people act a lot warmer to him - which a player of his talent deserves

36 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I’m pretty gutted the Nets got beat TBH.

It fucks me off that players are only judged as valid by some now if they have a ring/legit ring etc 

KD in particular despite having won already is a player who has always been judged quite harshly by a lot of NBA fans but he is a great, great NBA player - two of his displays in this Play Offs against the Bucks have been a complete master piece, a win this season would have seen more people act a lot warmer to him - which a player of his talent deserves

Don't think anyone is questioning how great KD is, its because he went to the Warriors until he wins another ring rightly or wrongly he will always be judged in that manner.

That being said if his foot is 1 inch shorter or he makes that final shot in overtime that he airballed it would have been one of the finest performances from a player ever in a series. 

Sixers need to trade Simmons, can't have him and Embiid playing together. It looks great in the regular season but in the play-offs, come crunch time, you need your big players to knock down shots and Ben Simmons has an absolute shocker of a jumpshot. 

Defensively brilliant, great basketball IQ, really good in the paint and in transition but that jumpshot...even he doesn't have confidence in it and once that happens it's over. 

He really needs to go to work on it properly and he'll be MVP material. Fine lines at that level. 

On a separate note, there's a lot of Westbrook to the Lakers trade rumours going about. I don't think it'll happen because for the numbers to work we really need Trezz to opt in to his player option which I don't think he'll do. 

Would be great for us though. Precisely the kind of ball-handler we need through the regular season to take the load off AD and LeBron.