NBA

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

“Wouldn't surprise me to see Tatum leave them in FA next year”

quite the career and contracts he’s going to have. 

I didn't realise he signed his 5 year extension and thought his rookie contract ran to next year 😂

Fuck it, we'll take Bradley Beal instead 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I didn't realise he signed his 5 year extension and thought his rookie contract ran to next year 😂

Fuck it, we'll take Bradley Beal instead 

Wouldn't he have been restricted free agent then too? I reckon the minute Lebron retires or starts to wane, AD will be pushing for a new move.

I wouldn’t be overly shocked if CP3 spends next year with the Lakers.

He has apparently turned dow his extension with Phoenix and wants a 3 year 100 million deal, but his options for that are surely limited. 

Knicks aside I can’t think of many teams who might offer him that other than shit markets, could see him possibly taking a year deal looking for a ring at the Lakers, would be a smooth fit for both sides

They were close to getting Lowry, could easily get off Schroder, Matthews and KCP quite quick and find  a lot of salary, fits with their time line for the pending reboot post LBJ - that 3 of Lebron, AD and CP3 v the Nets would also be absolute cash

7 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I wouldn’t be overly shocked if CP3 spends next year with the Lakers.

He has apparently turned dow his extension with Phoenix and wants a 3 year 100 million deal, but his options for that are surely limited. 

Knicks aside I can’t think of many teams who might offer him that other than shit markets, could see him possibly taking a year deal looking for a ring at the Lakers, would be a smooth fit for both sides

It could work for the Lakers but then it's another ageing injury prone player, Lebron has started to pick up small injuries while AD is constantly injured, last thing they need is a player like Paul spending a season in the treatment room. 

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

It could work for the Lakers but then it's another ageing injury prone player, Lebron has started to pick up small injuries while AD is constantly injured, last thing they need is a player like Paul spending a season in the treatment room. 

Especially if you get stuck with him for 3 years!

Just now, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Could they even make a 3 year deal work? Don't think the Lakers have much room to manoeuvre this off season never mind dishing out a 3 year deal. 

I don't think Paul is hugely interested in chasing rings now and is content to get as big a contract as he can. Could he end up at the Knicks leading their young core? Always a chance he returns to NO if they don't keep Lonzo!

23 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

CP isn’t “that” injury prone during the regular season yet, the injury he has just now was also just very unfortunate rather than age related as such. 

It’s sort of all the Lakers have at the moment given they are on the Lebron timeline, that option being, take the best they can now rather than that much future planning, they are going to have to run that for another year...which will then likely put them pretty close to the Zion timeline once they get off Lebron

the idea of a year with Lebron for CP3 - can see why that would offer appeal. 

its a pretty poor free agency this off season not really many long term pieces who can also help someone like LA win now, most options are likely going to have a risk Lowry, Olodipo etc 

25 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

CP isn’t “that” injury prone during the regular season yet, the injury he has just now was also just very unfortunate rather than age related as such. 

It’s sort of all the Lakers have at the moment given they are on the Lebron timeline, that option being, take the best they can now rather than that much future planning, they are going to have to run that for another year...which will then likely put them pretty close to the Zion timeline once they get off Lebron

its a pretty poor free agency this off season not really many long term pieces who can also help someone like LA win now, most options are likely going to have a risk Lowry, Olodipo etc 

Will anyone be willing to give Oladipo any sort of big money too? I can see someone taking a chance on Lowry though.

57 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Lakers aren't after regular season but and as unlucky as he has been when it matters most his body usually breaks down in some way. 

I can definitely see the appeal for it but with Lebron. 

Think the Knicks is a likely destination for him. 

42 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Will anyone be willing to give Oladipo any sort of big money too? I can see someone taking a chance on Lowry though.

Big money for Oladipo? Can’t see it, think the Heat were probably being cute with the idea of getting him at a reduced rate next season/or hoped he stayed fit and changed their year, he’s a gamble for anyone giving him money

Lowry will get a decent contract aye. 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Schroder just removed 'PG for the LA Lakers' from his social media bios, mental considering he's in the middle of the playoffs.

He's a cock

I think Vogel may have told him he's benched tonight and he's thrown his toys out the pram

I would like to see us go: Caruso, KCP, Bron, Kuz and AD at the 5 (if he can play) otherwise that team with Drummond at the 5

Even accounting for the AD injury, not a huge shock and predicted as being a series of issues for LA by some,  “sweep” lolz

Arsenal TV can only dream. 

guy trying to catch himself after talking about his dads dick :lol::lol:

Portland/Dame and where that’s heading is likely going to be one of the off-season stories. 

Very disappointing end to a very disappointing season with injuries costing us big-time. 

The extended period of rest for LeBron and AD should hopefully mean next season they are both more resilient. Huge off-season for Pelinka to get right. Think we might have seen the last of Kuz last night

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Very disappointing end to a very disappointing season with injuries costing us big-time. 

The extended period of rest for LeBron and AD should hopefully mean next season they are both more resilient. Huge off-season for Pelinka to get right. Think we might have seen the last of Kuz last night

May not be possible but they should move heaven and earth to try acquire Dame from Portland, As good as Lebron is he isn't getting any younger and needs help especially if AD gets injured which is always a probability, Kuz just won't cut it for the Lakers should be moved on with a few others.

21 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

May not be possible but they should move heaven and earth to try acquire Dame from Portland, As good as Lebron is he isn't getting any younger and needs help especially if AD gets injured which is always a probability, Kuz just won't cut it for the Lakers should be moved on with a few others.

Yeah I don't think we have the pieces for that tbh. A trade is going to have to involve a Sign & Trade with Schroder + THT + our only draft pick (I think we have a mid-20s 1st round pick this year). 

I'd like us to try to bring in Otto Porter Jr and Lowry (if he takes a huge paycut). We were obviously keen to trade for Lowry but walked away after the Raptors demanded we include THT (and at the time we thought Schroder would be our '3rd star') 

Steven A is class to listen too and he’s funny but his rumours aren’t credible - no way do KAT or Drey go to Portland 

LA just don’t have enough to get Dame

Knicks. I would drown in my own spunk if he did, he won’t - again they don’t have enough 

Miami - Butler, Hero and some kind of pick - that puts a bit of a Dame and Bam timeline, and Portland aren’t “wrecked” - that’s the most maybe of all 

*I love Dame, I have 3 tops with his name. He’s my favourite player.  I want him to work in Portland but it’s not going too and he needs better than this roster, it’s shit - he’s the player I want to win something more than any other

14 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Bucks and Nets just about to start should be an absolute classic series, Bucks will absolutely murder them on the boards so be interesting to see what the Nets do to counter that. 

Hammered them on the offensive boards but the Nets killed them with the 3 ball and just general fight and momentum. 

The Bucks shot 20% from 3 and less than 60% from the line. They can kiss this series goodbye if they don't sort that out because the Nets will murder them. 

I've wanted either the Bucks or Sixers to win a championship for a few seasons now, but I also love Blake Griffin (and KD) and I'd love to see Blake retire with a ring. 

Ultimately I just want a good series because this has the potential to be the series of the entire playoffs.