The manager

kaiser1041

4 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

That was them at their peak against us.

- Disagree. They were competent, efficient but hardly at their peak.

They played us off the park. 

- Agree

They were just better at everything.

- Agree

The only positive I saw was the team on the pitch that saw the game out, looked "together" and on the same wavelength as each other.

- Agree but don't see it as a positive as that wavelength is a million miles from acceptable

Should have been the starting 11 with the inclusion of Toral.

- Rumours are he claimed not to be fit enough to start.

PC got it wrong. 

- Agreed. But not by near as much as the players who were awful at doing the basics as footballers never mind following whatever tactics they were given

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Some of the comments in here are absolutely ludicrous man folk have made up their mind after yesterdays showing yes it was poor but given he hasn't brought in his own players and we're only 6 games into his tenure players will still be getting used to the changes in tactics training etc  I think he was the potential to be a great manager for us !

Why?

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Wait, are there people actually calling for his head now? :lol:

I have serious reservations about him but he needs a chance to build his own team before he can be properly judged FFS.

Calling for the head of a manager who's had six games in charge and is working with players who packed up and stopped trying months ago is pathetic behaviour.

Our support is so fickle, its fucking embarrassing.

I could actually see what he was trying to do yesterday. 

I thought we would start the way we did against Aberdeen and sit in and soak up the pressure, the problem was we sat far too deep and allowed them freedom of the pitch, I don't think the manager wanted that at all. Then the same effect like up at Aberdeen bring on the pace to really go at them on the counter attack as they had been used to pushing numbers forward for the whole game. 

The problem was we sat too deep, lost a poor goal and he was forced to take off Halliday and Garner because they were pish. We looked on top for the first 5 minutes of the second half but the penalty obviously killed us off. 

I could see what he was trying to do but if you have players like Toral claiming injury then send the cunt packing. And players who basically shat themselves against a very poor cellic captain then they should get too fuck as well

Could tell we were going to lose when I saw the starting XI, he got it badly wrong. 

Playing 3 in the midfield against them, with no width and a front 3 with not a shred of pace between them, was always going to be a complete disaster. The only way we could have played with the line-up, would be to tell the 3 forwards to stay narrow and launch the ball up the middle of the park. We did neither. 

It'll be a learning curve for him, but I expect dramatic changes for the game on Saturday. If he plays the same starting eleven, or if Waghorn is near the starting XI, he will undo any work he's done so far for us.

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

anybody think Toral is at it for old firm games?

I think it would depend how you play him. If he was a deep lying midfielder then there is a possibility it would work. He could have had that position yesterday, and maybe we would have retained a lot more possession. Hyndman and Holt playing off him might have been worth a try, with Tavernier out wide, and Hodson in defence.

Players have more power than managers, that's just life. 

If he can't take the current shites forward then he is beat as he is not going to get to replace them all with his own. 

Do I trust him enough to give him 2 seasons to build a better team? No frankly. 

Either the players didn't understand what they were asked to do or didn't want to try for him. Either way it means he is not the one to take us forward. 

Cut our losses and try again. 

21 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Got the tactics and team selection horribly wrong today but he's not long in the door so unlike the last manager hopefully he will learn from his mistakes today

He doesn't have a team to select. Our better players are injured (Hill, Rossiter and Krancjar) and what's available doesn't set the heather alight. If he gets a few mil to spend over the summer, and the injured players are back, we should see a big improvement next season.

He's still learning the Scottish game. We'll see on Saturday what he can do after yesterday's learning experience. But it comes down to the players simply being not good enough. Especially Waghorn - if he at least hit the target with 25% of his attempts it could make a difference.

30 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I could actually see what he was trying to do yesterday. 

I thought we would start the way we did against Aberdeen and sit in and soak up the pressure, the problem was we sat far too deep and allowed them freedom of the pitch, I don't think the manager wanted that at all. Then the same effect like up at Aberdeen bring on the pace to really go at them on the counter attack as they had been used to pushing numbers forward for the whole game. 

The problem was we sat too deep, lost a poor goal and he was forced to take off Halliday and Garner because they were pish. We looked on top for the first 5 minutes of the second half but the penalty obviously killed us off. 

I could see what he was trying to do but if you have players like Toral claiming injury then send the cunt packing. And players who basically shat themselves against a very poor cellic captain then they should get too fuck as well

We didn't sit in against Aberdeen, not in that way. We nearly took the lead up there at various times during that match. What we did there was that when we didn't have the ball, we defended well, but we had plenty of the ball also where we attacked.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think it would depend how you play him. If he was a deep lying midfielder then there is a possibility it would work. He could have had that position yesterday, and maybe we would have retained a lot more possession. Hyndman and Holt playing off him might have been worth a try, with Tavernier out wide, and Hodson in defence.

no i mean actively trying to avoid playing in them

8 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Players have more power than managers, that's just life. 

If he can't take the current shites forward then he is beat as he is not going to get to replace them all with his own. 

Do I trust him enough to give him 2 seasons to build a better team? No frankly. 

Either the players didn't understand what they were asked to do or didn't want to try for him. Either way it means he is not the one to take us forward. 

Cut our losses and try again. 

Yeah we should pay up his contract, that'll help our finances. And maybe we should let the players interview and decide upon the candidate to replace him.

Who would that be that would dramatically improve us with another managers signings before we bin him too at the end of the season?

Or would we go crazy and give this new guy at least an opportunity to bring in his players?

PC may or may not succeed, and I'm hardly singing his praises.

But "cut our losses and try again" when you acknowledge the players to be at fault, not HIS signed players at that, come on to fuck.

Maybe we have at the helm an absolute nobody who has spent the last few years collecting a wage in Qatar, sitting fifth in the league over there with absolutely no pressure on him to deliver results with an average home gate of 400.

Maybe we have appointed someone who has no business being anywhere near Rangers 

When the scum got a fright last season they went and appointed Brenda who admittedly is no world beater although did come within a ball hair of winning a fucking premier league trophy 

Our response to shit performances is to appoint a philosopher who talks pish and who has been cruising in a dogshit league having won a couple of trophies in Mexico which operates in a fucking playoff situation for titles. 

Never wanted him. Would be delighted to be wrong about him, but IMO he has blagged a job that nobody else wanted. Even eck came out saying it wasnt right for him after an initial chat 

This guy won't last 12 months. IMO he's an inexperienced dud. 

Tin hat firmly OFF.

Just now, KWBear said:

Maybe we have at the helm an absolute nobody who has spent the last few years collecting a wage in Qatar, sitting fifth in the league over there with absolutely no pressure on him to deliver results with an average home gate of 400.

Maybe we have appointed someone who has no business being anywhere near Rangers 

When the scum got a fright last season they went and appointed Brenda who admittedly is no world beater although did come within a ball hair of winning a fucking premier league trophy 

Our response to shit performances is to appoint a philosopher who talks pish and who has been cruising in a dogshit league having won a couple of trophies in Mexico which operates in a fucking playoff situation for titles. 

Never wanted him. Would be delighted to be wrong about him, but IMO he has blagged a job that nobody else wanted. Even eck came out saying it wasnt right for him after an initial chat 

This guy won't last 12 months. IMO he's an inexperienced dud. 

Tin hat firmly OFF.

He's here on a contract now.

Do you suggest backing him, sacking him or giving him time with the players he has inherited?

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Do you suggest backing him, sacking him or giving him time with the players he has inherited?

I'm almost at the point of not even caring anymore. What constitutes "backing him"? I live too far away to get to any games, in my opinion the only people who can back him are fans in the stadium. 

My opinion is simply being voiced on a forum.it has no bearing on his future so I am unable to back anyone. My opinion is and has been from the start that he is a nobody who has no business being at our club as manager. 

It makes little difference anyway as we are skint and he will get no money to show what he can do.

Just because he is here now doesn't mean I have to like it. Its a fucking joke appointment and I can't see how he has done anything at all to merit his employment. The tactical fucking dross aside.... His pressers are painful and if we as competent and mentally functioning individuals can't understand what he's talking about, then how are fuckwit molly coddled footballers supposed to take on board all sorts of shit about adaptations to find a solution to the personality of the human beings etc etc *insert Pedroism here*

He's a dud. Would fucking love him to be a slow burn that turns into a revelation so that I'm made to look a cunt by posting this. It wouldn't be the first time. But I can't see it. The guy is fucking weird and our amateur board hasn't a pot to piss in or a fucking Scooby doo what the fans want, expect, and most importantly deserve.

Its shite.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

There's the rub, he's our manager for better or worse, not much we can do about it, I would like to know what convinced the board that he was the right man, for instance does he have a reputation for finding good players, where is he going to find them ? Does he have any sort of reputation that good young players would be attracted too ?

Its early days maybe he'll be just what we need but if he can't inspire the support, I doubt he'll inspire the players. We look forward to another season of rebuilding with all the risks that entails 

5 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I'm almost at the point of not even caring anymore. What constitutes "backing him"? I live too far away to get to any games, in my opinion the only people who can back him are fans in the stadium. 

My opinion is simply being voiced on a forum.it has no bearing on his future so I am unable to back anyone. My opinion is and has been from the start that he is a nobody who has no business being at our club as manager. 

It makes little difference anyway as we are skint and he will get no money to show what he can do.

Just because he is here now doesn't mean I have to like it. Its a fucking joke appointment and I can't see how he has done anything at all to merit his employment. The tactical fucking dross aside.... His pressers are painful and if we as competent and mentally functioning individuals can't understand what he's talking about, then how are fuckwit molly coddled footballers supposed to take on board all sorts of shit about adaptations to find a solution to the personality of the human beings etc etc *insert Pedroism here*

He's a dud. Would fucking love him to be a slow burn that turns into a revelation so that I'm made to look a cunt by posting this. It wouldn't be the first time. But I can't see it. The guy is fucking weird and our amateur board hasn't a pot to piss in or a fucking Scooby doo what the fans want, expect, and most importantly deserve.

Its shite.

I actually agree with much of this.

But as I see it we have 3 options.

To sack him / to keep him but give him no funds / to give him whatever funds he has been told he's getting.

Options one and two are stupid and costly. Option 3 is sensible but far from guaranteed to succeed.

To sack him as has been suggested, paying him and likely Warburton etc off will screw us financially.

It's madness knee jerk nonsense from folk who probably expected a win yesterday.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I actually agree with much of this.

But as I see it we have 3 options.

To sack him / to keep him but give him no finds / to give him whatever funds he has been told he's getting.

Options one and two are stupid and costly. Option 3 is sensible but far from guaranteed to succeed.

To sack him as has been suggested, paying him and likely Warburton etc off will screw us financially.

It's madness knee jerk nonsense from folk who probably expected a win yesterday.

The third option might be even costlier than the first two. I don't agree with his appointment in the first place, but I hope he proves me wrong. 

21 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

His post match is quite telling, he knows the players shat it and didn't carry out his instructions, not much you can do as a manager if you set up your team and they don't turn up, all you can do is make subs to change it, which he did

I wonder if he is trying to too clever for his own good.

I think sometimes he talks in riddles and overly complicates things.

For yesterday all we had to do was similar to Murtys set up against them and deny them space and stifle their midfield and Sinclair. The other missing element was showing fight and the desire to get a result.

I think the players are playing football by numbers as they try to implement the gaffers game plan.

Hopefully he can get them to play the way he wants and its an effective way to play - early i know but i am unconvinced at the moment.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We look forward to another season of rebuilding with all the risks that entails 

I dunno if I'm still right royally hacked off, angry and disappointed about yesterday but I can't help feeling that what we have now is just about as good as it's gonna get for the next three or four years at least. No money for players, an utter shitebag board, a squad of spineless, gutless, talentless, heartless, clueless players that should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves after yesterday and an unknown manager who seems to play up to the cameras. Our Club and our team are fucking joke right now and I don't see a way out anytime soon

Please Pedro prove me wrong.

He got it very wrong yesterday, looking at his Team selection three in the middle was going to be a problem with them having speedy wide men, we had no width and Waggy and Garner are hardly bursting the net these days,  before i seen his team i was hopeful we were going to the final but wasn't anywhere near good enough, the players though have to take responsibility not just Pedro and they have proved they are simply not good enough for our club. 

3 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I wonder if he is trying to too clever for his own good.

I think sometimes he talks in riddles and overly complicates things.

For yesterday all we had to do was similar to Murtys set up against them and deny them space and stifle their midfield and Sinclair. The other missing element was showing fight and the desire to get a result.

I think the players are playing football by numbers as they try to implement the gaffers game plan.

Hopefully he can get them to play the way he wants and its an effective way to play - early i know but i am unconvinced at the moment.

I especially agree with this part; he speaks as if his outlook on the game is perhaps unique' The other day he put great emphasis on "moments" during the game; but doesn't every manager perhaps do that, without the need for such emphasis I mean? I like him as a person, from what I see, he appears a very likable guy, but for me he is not the man to manage Rangers. I hope he proves me wrong,

He tried something that didn't work. We sat too deep, didn't press them and needed an additional midfielder to combat their possession. Zonal marking which allows the opposition to get a run and jump at the ball is not working, and pulling back every man into the penalty box to defend their corners allowed them to put more players forward. The players though are just not of the calibre required to win games like this.