Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

Bad Robot

Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

• He needs more time with his own signings
    • I've seen enough to know he hasn't got it
    • I'm unsure but leading towards we keep him
    • I'm unsure but leaning towards we get rid of him

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but I think it's pretty unfair to decide on him without even letting him bring in a few of his own signings.  I think he should get till at least January next year.

My worry is we give him a warchest ( no laughing at the back)  and he blows it on shite, and we are no further forward.

We have signed, him, so we should back him financially, and see how it turns out IMO.

10 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Mr King took the cheap option and now we have a manager who is clueless after  what I have witnessed in the past 7 days.

Hampden was 2 going on 6 and in our own patch it was 5 going on 9. Am I missing something ?

1-5 at home against them is a sackable offence and the manager is as guilty as the rest. 

He has a squad that has all but given up.  I think that needs to be taken int account mate.

Just now, gogzy said:

I don't know, but I think it's pretty unfair to decide on him without even letting him bring in a few of his own signings.  I think he should get till at least January next year.

My worry is we give him a warchest ( no laughing at the back)  and he blows it on shite, and we are no further forward.

We have signed, him, so we should back him financially, and see how it turns out IMO.

(Laughing at the back)

Just now, cushynumber said:

(Laughing at the back)

yeah i get that mate,  id the rumours are true, and we are only giving him 3m to spend, then it doesn't really matter who is the manager, we won't be competing with them.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I largely agree with that but, like most things with me there's a but, when you take over someone else's squad and don't get an opportunity to make changes for several months it'll normally be stretched out over a longer period and they'll get a grace period to make changes and bring their own guys in. If they STILL don't want to work for you then a managerial change will happen. I think too that, with this squad, there's a certain complacency with them as many don't face any direct competition for their place. They can be utter gash most weeks and, barring bringing a kid up from the 20s ahead of 'schedule', they wont be replaced.

Maybe the rest of the season could be used to bring in more youth - we're going to finish 3rd anyway, so why not show the regulars that they're not irreplaceable. Even though the U20's were totally outplayed in the final last week, a few players showed some nice touches and may benefit from the experience.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So Rowett that's achieved nothing yet, Redknapp who hasn't exactly been a roaring success (not to mention his dodgy tax practices), FdB wasn't interested in even speaking to Rangers unless we'd let him sit on his arse for a few months first then take charge a couple weeks before the Europa League qualifiers.

Rowett, fair enough, was doing well with Birmingham before being sacked.

Redknapp, who won FA cup with fucking Portsmouth, got Spurs their best finish at that point in the Premier League, and Quarter Finals of the CL. A League Cup final as well, and another top 4 finish. 

Murty being gave the job until the end of the season, and getting FDB was a dream scenario for us.

Just now, The Tavernator said:

Maybe the rest of the season could be used to bring in more youth - we're going to finish 3rd anyway, so why not show the regulars that they're not irreplaceable. Even though the U20's were totally outplayed in the final last week, a few players showed some nice touches and may benefit from the experience.

Some are away at the European Championships this weeks and others will be involved with the U17s as they try secure a place in the UEFA Youth League for next season.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And then he failed spectacularly and torpedoed his own hopes of getting the job on a permanent basis

He did well enough with what he was left they just ran out of steam and now we bounce from manager to manager.

This boards clueless and penniless.

As a club we have never been further away from the other mob than now.

That isn't Pedro's fault and the game on Saturday was pretty much just the gap between us shown for all to see.

I know it's not popular to think this way, but I was at the game, I looked at the players and I can't help but think that whatever formation, lineup and tactics we played we would have got beaten.

The players aren't man enough to take on them the damage for that was done way before pedro came in.  Murty result was an anomaly, nothing more. Clearly it was a wake up call to the mhanky who then stepped it up a gear - our squad are not good enough clearly to live with that.

My hope is that Pedro is seeing it exactly like we are and for what it is. We aren't good enough.

I can't fault anyone who doesn't think Pedro has what it takes but I voted that I'm not convinced, but he needs time. Till next January at least.

If Pedro fails though I will set my stall out now and say that I bet it isn't his fault, it will be the boards.

Someone should start the same survey about them.

4 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

I agree with you here. We need to play the duds though surely to have any chance of selling them?

1 minute ago, Cam1872 said:

I agree with you here. We need to play the duds though surely to have any chance of selling them?

We need to keep most of them unless we have bids as they are all on long contracts, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Rowett, fair enough, was doing well with Birmingham before being sacked.

Redknapp, who won FA cup with fucking Portsmouth, got Spurs their best finish at that point in the Premier League, and Quarter Finals of the CL. A League Cup final as well, and another top 4 finish. 

Murty being gave the job until the end of the season, and getting FDB was a dream scenario for us.

One FA cup in 20+ years as a manager isn't exactly success. The team he built at Portsmouth to win an FA Cup also played a big part in forcing them into admin and ending up in the bottom tier of the English league.

Not having a manager until the summer was the dream scenario? Not exactly giving himself a fighting chance of getting off to a decent start if he'd rather be sunning himself than figuring out what players are and aren't worth keeping.

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He wants 12,  we will get 4 tops, and three of those will be free transfers.  we wil probably sell wee barrie to cover it too.

I reckon we will see about 12 leave and about 10 in. Nothing wrong with free transfers as long as they are of good quality.

Just now, The Tavernator said:

Wee Barrie seems have gone to sleep and PC doesn't seem to value him too much.

Did he ever sign a new deal?  if he only has one year left, I think I might sell him too, if he wont sign a new one.  Can;t let him leave for nothing.

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

I reckon we will see about 12 leave and about 10 in. Nothing wrong with free transfers as long as they are of good quality.

10, if we bring in ten players, i'll change my avatar to Dave King for a month.