Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

Bad Robot

Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro, is he the man to stop the rot ?

• He needs more time with his own signings
    • I've seen enough to know he hasn't got it
    • I'm unsure but leading towards we keep him
    • I'm unsure but leaning towards we get rid of him

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedro has come in to kick ass and take names .

Players in 6 days a week and all the hard man talk to the media .

Our shitey players have taken one look and thought " Fuck you Pedro "

His job was to get the best out of the squad , bring people on and develop a team . This is LeGuen all over again .

Seems it's out with the chequebook for a whole new squad now .

Recalling a bit was Alex McLeish not manager in 2004 and in that season did we not suffer a whitewash by the other lot?   And McLeish survived a season of losing all OF games and carried on for a fair while afterwards.   Is that recollection of fairly recent history correct?

The new Manager has only just arrived.  He was brought in early to give him time to assess the current squad, decide who stays and produce names of players he believes should be brought in for next season.  He was to try to recover 2nd place ground evacuated as a result of Warburton and Weir ineffective management, and to try to win the Scottish Cup because it was (then) still a competition we were in with the chance to win a trophy.   In his short time so far it does not look like 2nd might be achieved - only 4 games left and a lot depends on whether Aberdeen lose points in addition to Rangers beating them at Ibrox in a few weeks.  The SC campaign dissolved in a poor defeat.   The league game yesterday was worse.   Does that mean that in this short time he has proven beyond doubt that he is not good enough to produce a far better side for next season?   Until we see who goes - and they'd probably be going regardless of who is manager - and therefore who will still be in the squad for next season, plus see who he brings in then I think he should be given the chance to see if he can produce a much better side.

Besides which, the nose and tail of it is the Club could not afford to remove him and go through all of that recruitment process again ...... and potential candidates might not be so keen if they believed they only had weeks to prove themselves.   IMO the stark fact is that removing him is not an option.   The Board need to back him to engineer the big changes he referred to yesterday in his post-match comments, and to back the improvement in quality that Miller also identified in his post match comments.     

I'd be surprised if the Manager signed on without having some sort of clear and unequivocal understanding about how much money he will have available to spend in summer to bring in players that he believes can be forged into a team that narrows the gap with the other lot by this time next season.   He's not daft.  He knows full well that there is enormous pressure to produce a far better team and that this will take decent financial resource to achieve.   But if he is not backed by the Board in the way he believed would be the case when he signed on then I doubt if he thinks he's signed up for some sort of managerial career-suicide mission where the chances of success in narrowing the gap become minimal due to lack of promised funding.   As much of what happens next is down to King and the Board providing the funding they said he'd get, and down to somebody going and getting the players he identifies.  Since there is still no DOF and nobody doing recruitment then Gawd only knows who will actually be doing the legwork in getting players in.   Surely not Dickson himself, that would mean getting the soles of his brogues worn out in beating down negotiation pathways. 

32 minutes ago, Rickshaw77 said:

Even Smith and Advocaat lost OF games heavily 5-1 6-2 etc.

I know yesterday was crap but Pedro is not the first Rangers gaffer to have taken a pounding off them lets give the guy a wee bit of time for gods sake.

Did they ?   I don't remember Celtic ever putting 5 past us at Ibrox. Yes the beat  us in their own midden  also by the same score lines.  In Advocatts  case we beat them 5-1 the next old firm game as payback for the 6-2.

This board and manager have taken us too new lows, then pumping us like that in our own back yard will haunt me till the day I die.

37 years I have been attending these games and never have they scored 5 against us, they won the league 2-4 when Nicholas was there and a 4-4 game in 85, but this is,unacceptable and the manager is a liability and he has already lost me and I backed Warbs till the end. 

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Did they ?   I don't remember Celtic ever putting 5 past us at Ibrox. Yes the beat  us in their own midden  also by the same score lines.  In Advocatts  case  it we beat them 5-1 the next old firm game as payback for the 6-2.

This board and manager have taken is too new lows, then pumping us like that in our own back yard will haunt me till the day I die.

37 years I have been attending these games and never have they scored 5 against us, they won the league 2-4 when Nicholas was there and a 4-4 game in 85, but this us unacceptable and the manager is a liability and he has already lost me and I backed Warbs till the end. 

Advocaat was in charge the day they beat us 3-0 at Ibrox and on another day that could have been a lot more.

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Did they ?   I don't remember Celtic ever putting 5 past us at Ibrox. Yes the beat  us in their own midden  also by the same score lines.  In Advocatts  case we beat them 5-1 the next old firm game as payback for the 6-2.

This board and manager have taken us too new lows, then pumping us like that in our own back yard will haunt me till the day I die.

37 years I have been attending these games and never have they scored 5 against us, they won the league 2-4 when Nicholas was there and a 4-4 game in 85, but this is,unacceptable and the manager is a liability and he has already lost me and I backed Warbs till the end. 

I don't know how I managed it but I stayed until the end yesterday and the best decision that ref made was blowing bang on the 90.

I think he deserves a chance with his own players.  The current squad are so bad that I doubt any manager in the world could make them play any better. I'm curious to see who he will sign.  Hopefully not just domestic players who apparently had "potential"

This chopping and changing of managers, (how many we had in the last 5 years?) always brings the response "but they need time and their own players". Meanwhile we limp on for another season.

You'd think the people in charge were guilty of kicking this down road or wouldn't know a good manager if one sat in their lap.

How many of our current team are playing well under him?

How many have improved performances?

How many look like they've bought into whatever it is he's trying to do?

It's ok saying he needs his own signings but he also needs to work with quite a few already here. If he can't get anything out of a number of them then even when he adds his own signings we'll still be awful.

48 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Needs his own squad 

His own squad? Do players now not play for clubs, but managers? I don't want him having his own squad, I want Rangers having its own squad; that squad being the best in this league. Wasn't the whole notion that if a DOF came in that there would be a permanence about the club, whoever was the manager? There is really no coherence in the thinking at this club at the moment, typified by your suggestion. probably because their is no leadership at the top.

1 hour ago, folkestoneger said:

The fact that he appeared to have learnt nothing at all from last week convinces me he doesn't have it.

I hope I am wildly wrong but the signs are bad

Said the same about Ally early on and look how that turned out

How did he learn nothing from last week? The first 5 minutes of the game were completely different and then it fucking collapsed after a stupid penalty. Going 1-0 down in 5 minutes of a old firm sends any game plan out the window. His team selection wasn't the best last week but he dropped two of the worst players on the pitch for someone a guy everyone's been crying out for, he brought in hill who everyone's been crying out for, what fucking else could he have done? No matter what fucking tactic you play, if the players are shite they will lose it's as simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

How did he learn nothing from last week? The first 5 minutes of the game were completely different and then it fucking collapsed after a stupid penalty. Going 1-0 down in 5 minutes of a old firm sends any game plan out the window. His team selection wasn't the best last week but he dropped two of the worst players on the pitch for someone a guy everyone's been crying out for, he brought in hill who everyone's been crying out for, what fucking else could he have done? No matter what fucking tactic you play, if the players are shite they will lose it's as simple as that.

Last week the young left back should have been subbed at HT because he was booked , and I honestly would have started with the boy on the bench.

Waghorn I would have hauled off at Ht and the biggest mystery was why McKay never got a game as he is the one player who can open defences but he was in the bench.

I have heard it all he needs his own players? He needs more time etc but we have just had our biggest defeat at Ibrox in our history against our greatest rivals and cunts want to give him more time ?

WHY WAS 1-5 AGAINST OUR BIGGEST ENEMY NOT ENOUGH?  I don't want the cunt near Ibrox next season as the league will be gone by Christmas 

38 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

No judgment on him yet.

Needs time. 

After the past 7 days ? Really? They should have been 3 up in the first 15 minutes last week , it was 2 going on 6 and yesterday was 1-5 going on 8 or 9.  How much time would you give him and how much would you let him blow ?  

Were his eyes painted on Waghorn was fucking shite that's just for starters and should never have started after last week.

In all my days going to games have I seen a tarrier side strutting about our pitch noising up not only the fans but players who were unresponsive to a home support who up until the 3rd were trying to give them a lift.

PC has delivered 2 of the worst performances against them that even MW never delivered and that to me says everything he is clueless here and should be fucked off asap.

51 minutes ago, Rickshaw77 said:

Advocaat was in charge the day they beat us 3-0 at Ibrox and on another day that could have been a lot more.

And he also,pumped them 4-0 going on 7, so your point is ?   Pedro could not lace The little Generas shoes and to even mention them in the same sentence ? Advocatt took Holland to the  semi's in the World Cup, Pedro took some South American team to the semi final of the Mexico league cup.  

Why even mention these two in the same breath? 

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

And he also,pumped them 4-0 going on 7, so your point is ?   Pedro could not lace The little Generas shoes and to even mention them in the same sentence ? Advocatt took Holland to the  semi's in the World Cup, Pedro took some South American team to the semi final of the Mexico league cup.  

Why even mention these two in the same breath? 

I'm not implying he is better than Advocaat only pointing out he's not the first Rangers manager that's been given a spanking from that lot.

To write the guy off based on two games against them when they have far superior players at the minute is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

He should be nowhere near Ibrox and this board is now on it's  last legs.  When is,the supporters liaison officer gonna tell them how us fans really feel,

:mutley: The SLO is in post as a reward for him selling out RF. 

If you're waiting on him standing up for the fans or going against the party line then you're going to be very disappointed.

He is just yet another tumour of the cancer that riddles our club right now.