I’m Offended! Oh So Offended!

I’m Offended! Oh So Offended!

I’m certain most of us are aware of the old story of “The Wooden Horse of Troy”; a tale of infiltrators sneaking into an enemy camp to cause mayhem. Despite everything that’s going on at our club, there’s a collective within our ranks of faux-offended infiltrators who think the most important issue we face is a song being sung, allegedly by Rangers supporters expressing anti-Catholic sentiments, which has been widely aired on social media. Now before anyone jumps on me for defending the song, let’s get this straight.

•  The video was taken at a private function, not in or near a football stadium
  •  The video is in no way connected to Rangers
  •  People in the video could be fans of any football club or not fans at all. They could enjoy rugby or darts

That’s the absurdity of this situation. There’s a little cabal, purporting to be Bears, who are desperate to link this video to our club. Relying on no evidence whatsoever and motivated by nothing more than a desperate need to collect likes for their tweets. There is nothing more dangerous than working on mere assumptions rather than actual facts. Yet these individuals profess to know the political and social makeup of each of those in the video that only one conclusion can be reached; Rangers fans must be responsible.

Bear in mind, this outrage comes from people who claim to be supporters of The Rangers! Who needs enemies when an element such this is present among our own? In the last 24 hours, I’ve seen tweets asking the Police to get involved, retweeting support to Scottish Transport Minister Humza Yousef (a self-confessed enemy of our club who trolled a female Rangers fan this weekend with a tweet repeatedly saying 5-1, 5-1), asking for this matter to be discussed in Parliament and calling for club bans to be imposed on the individuals filmed singing. All this without any knowledge or credible evidence of the situation and those involved. Humza Shite if you ask me!

humza.jpg

What I find remarkable from the main instigators is the total absence of disgust they show for the actions of our rival fans this weekend. There is no mention of the IRA song quoted on Celtic fans’ banner, no mention of the paedophile ring at Celtic FC and its subsequent cover up by Celtic authorities, no mention of the anti-Protestant hanging effigies displayed at Celtic Park, no mention of the Anti-British Forces rhetoric, no mention of the utterly despicable Lee Rigby tweets, no mention of pro-IRA songs, no mention of Celtic singing the sectarian ditty “Go Home Ya H***” – the list is endless. Scroll through the Twitter timelines of the video’s chief critics and you’ll see this is indeed the case.

One of the best features of the Rangers v Celtic rivalry is and has always been the banter. There’s nothing like a bit of backwards and forwards chit chat between fans. In the 60s and 70s, the Old Firm rivalry was no less fierce but there was humour and wit at its core. In the 60s, Rangers fans used to sing their version of the Celtic Song with the words “Hail! Hail! The Pope’s in jail”. Rather than writing to their MPs in fake disgust, Celtic fans responded instead with “Hail! Hail! The Pope’s got bail”. In any event, what happened to “sticks & stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me”? Is this a characteristic of the new generation; soft, humourless and offended by absolutely everything? It would seem so. If so, football is not the sport for you and I would perhaps recommend Ice Dancing to avoid hurtful feelings you may encounter.

Could it be that these individuals are yet more fame-whores, utterly desperate for people to like them and their tweets? Or is this way more sinister than that? It’s thoroughly disgusting that faux-offended, kid-on Rangers fans want to connect this latest incident to our club based on nothing at all. These people are not fans and never will be, as Rangers fans don’t behave in that manner. We don’t make judgments based on assumption and broadcast our baseless opinions to others. Those who have done so are indeed grasses and should be absolutely and thoroughly disgusted with themselves for once again trying to drag our clubs name through the mud based on entirely false premises. Any genuine Bears who follows these individuals on Twitter or who have responded in favour of any of those tweets genuinely needs to have a word with themselves.

Because you’re a Catholic, you married a Catholic, you knew a Catholic, you sit next to a Catholic or your Grannies dug was a Catholic it makes no difference. Snowflakes you’ve brought the attention upon yourselves & your Anti Rangers agenda. I think you’re alone now!

I’ve reworded the lyrics for your sensitive little faux offended ears;

“We hate Grasses, everybody hates fucking Grasses!”

https://daviesleftpeg.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/im-offended-oh-so-offended/comment-page-1/#comment-180

Only issue with the above is this:

The video is in no way connected to Rangers
 People in the video could be fans of any football club or not fans at all.

Considering it's undeniably Bears in the video / in a supporters bash - then there's no denying it's connected to us.

Hard to argue with the rest of it though.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

https://daviesleftpeg.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/im-offended-oh-so-offended/comment-page-1/#comment-180

Only issue with the above is this:

Considering it's undeniably Bears in the video / in a supporters bash - then there's no denying it's connected to us.

Hard to argue with the rest of it though.

It's not banter imo.

It's hatred, and quite rightly so.

Off Topic, I was watching the game v Bayern in 1972 on YouTube and the Rangers fans were singing go home ya H***.

Slightly confused by how some is just banter and other is 'utterly despicable'. Surely he isn't offended by 'banter' as he puts it.

Also, by rightly highlighting the blow-up dolls etc (and asking why others haven't) then adding 'we hate grasses' etc there seems to be a really mixed message coming out. Does he condone grassing on one set of fans but not others?

I kind of get the outrage with this, but how can they try and beat us with a stick, and nothing is said about 7000 Celtic fans singing get the brits out now? Or sing go on home British soldiers?

Get it up the lot of them, let them be kid-on offended by a fucking song, but don't be a hypocrite.

As usual with these kinds of people that accuse others of being snowflakes (people do like their internet word fads, don't they), he'll be as much of a 'snowflake' about something he doesn't like on plenty of occasions. The faux offended patter is overused as well.

What I will say is that if there are Rangers fans that criticise our own but never do similar regards behaviour from mhanks, it would be very strange indeed.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

As usual with these kinds of people that accuse others of being snowflakes (people do like their internet word fads, don't they), he'll be as much of a 'snowflake' about something he doesn't like on plenty of occasions. The faux offended patter is overused as well.

What I will say is that if there are Rangers fans that criticise our own but never do similar regards behaviour from mhanks, it would be very strange indeed.

There's more faux-offendedness over this on FF than there is across all bheast boards combined. Two separate threads,  9 pager and an 11 pager from the pantie-wetters - the very same who usually remain quiet about the bheasts and their antics.

Fucking shameful behaviour from our own.

The whole premise of the blog was based on three points:

1.The video was taken at a private function, not in or near a football stadium

2.The video is in no way connected to Rangers

3.People in the video could be fans of any football club or not fans at all. They could enjoy rugby or darts

Points 2 & 3 are shite! the writer's credibility went down hill fast after that

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

The whole premise of the blog was based on three points:

1.The video was taken at a private function, not in or near a football stadium

2.The video is in no way connected to Rangers

3.People in the video could be fans of any football club or not fans at all. They could enjoy rugby or darts

Points 2 & 3 are shite! the writer's credibility went down hill fast after that

That's exactly what I said in the OP - it doesn't detract from the rest though.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

There's more faux-offendedness over this on FF than there is across all bheast boards combined. Two separate threads,  9 pager and an 11 pager from the pantie-wetters - the very same who usually remain quiet about the bheasts and their antics.

Fucking shameful behaviour from our own.

How do you distinguish between offendedness and faux-offendedness though? Am I faux offended for thinking it's a shite song? Are you faux offended whenever you take issue with something? Are you being faux-offended by taking issue with people taking issue with it?

There's nothing faux offended in thinking it's a mildly cuntish wee song unless there's some other added circumstance that makes it so.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

That's exactly what I said in the OP - it doesn't detract from the rest though.

I know you did and yes it does. The writer based the blog on that premise, which is why he mentioned it in his opening gambit. 

The rest of the blog just was a confusing mess. But hey ho! it's been posted for commenting on....

14 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I kind of get the outrage with this, but how can they try and beat us with a stick, and nothing is said about 7000 Celtic fans singing get the brits out now? Or sing go on home British soldiers?

Get it up the lot of them, let them be kid-on offended by a fucking song, but don't be a hypocrite.

It is cunts wanting to be outraged who are hammering the fuck out of us right now.

Fuck the pope. Francis the Cunt.

Take offense at that.

This article is all over the place, I just don't know where to start. 

What's wrong with just admitting it's a pretty horrible, embarrassing video? Why is there an expectation that people should defend the indefensible simply because we wear the same colours? Isn't the protecting your own over doing the right thing what most people have a go at the Catholic church for? Granted, this is nothing compared to systemic paedophilia, but the principle remains. 

This isn't the 1980'anymore. Most people have moved on past religious tribalism and pity those who haven't. Seeing fully grown men bouncing about singing about how they hate Catholics (insert any other sect) is quite embarssing, to be frank.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

This article is all over the place, I just don't know when to start. 

What's wrong with just admitting it's a pretty horrible, embarrassing video? Why is there an expectation that people should defend the indefensible simply because we wear the same colours? Isn't the protecting your own over doing the right thing what most people have a go at the Catholic church for? Granted, this is nothing compared to systemic paedophilia, but the principle remains. 

This isn't the 1980'anymore. Most people have moved on past religious tribalism and pity those who haven't. Seeing fully grown men bouncing about singing about how they hate Catholics (insert any other sect) is quite embarssing, to be frank.

Imagine the seethe if it was 'we hate proddies, everybody hates fucking proddies'! Cunts would be apoplectic.