Pedro's Press Conference

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, markem said:

Have you ever such desparation to grab a negative headline as that opening period when that are asking him about budget?

The day will come when he loses it with one of those fools and I look forward to it. 

I guarantee it'll be Raman who gets it I think Pedro has already caught on to that cunts anti Rangers agenda

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Rangers need to be realistic...." wankers trying to trip him up...

What has the act of two fans got to do with the manager, hate these pricks.  Can you imagine "So Brenda you had people around the club who raped wee boys, what is your opinion?" 

Nice to hear a Ranger's man eager talk about the players 'character', HOPEFULLY, the Portuguese Jock Wallace.  Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

He literally said himself he would get decent money :lol: What else do people want, John Gilligan to come round to your house with a bank statement?

Listen mate, you know as well as I do that King and his £30 mill were pie in the fucking sky, is it any wonder that people are a bit sceptical?

1 minute ago, Teamgers said:

Listen mate, you know as well as I do that King and his £30 mill were pie in the fucking sky, is it any wonder that people are a bit sceptical?

Skeptical about what? I just don't understand what else the guy could say to show he is being backed, yet people will still ramble on about it essentially calling him a liar

54 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I guarantee it'll be Raman who gets it I think Pedro has already caught on to that cunts anti Rangers agenda

It's fucking pathetic mate, I'm embarrassed for them. 

2 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

He literally said himself he would get decent money :lol: What else do people want, John Gilligan to come round to your house with a bank statement?

Yeah he said but we all know Kings a lying cunt so yeah folk are going to take it with a pinch of salt until King actually puts his money into us. He's lied before about investment you know....

18 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Skeptical about what? I just don't understand what else the guy could say to show he is being backed, yet people will still ramble on about it essentially calling him a liar

Fuck sake mate do I need to spell it out to you? I'm not calling PC a liar, far from it, what I am saying is that we've had " there's money their for players" shite, for fucking ages, if PC gets what he wants, and needs, i'd be seriously surprised, I fear we will be looking in the basement bargains to be had market!

Sounds promising. A strong core with men who are winners and pulling in the same direction as him, that's a fucking huge improvement for a start! 

So you can set your watch for at least 2 CB, 2 CM and 1 striker minimum. 

I know it's only words but the guy gives me hope despite the shite season we've had and the pile of dross that pulls the jersey on every week. 

9 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Sounds promising. A strong core with men who are winners and pulling in the same direction as him, that's a fucking huge improvement for a start! 

So you can set your watch for at least 2 CB, 2 CM and 1 striker minimum. 

I know it's only words but the guy gives me hope despite the shite season we've had and the pile of dross that pulls the jersey on every week. 

I hope we get more than 1 striker. If he gets injured we're fucked again. 

One of the messages that caught my attention was his stress on needing what I think he describes as a 'core' of a team. Likeminded professionals who (I think he said) will defend the club and defend the manager.  Players who consistently produce 7 or better out of 10 performances and not just (randomly (my word).....now there's a throwback to Warburton) a 7 or better once in a while.   Another point was needing players who will get behind him and deliver what he wants them to deliver on the pitch.     By stating that he infers (imo) that he is not getting enough of that sort of compliance from enough of the current squad.   

Without saying it too directly, and in deftly dodging attempts to press him on it, he was clearly saying there are players in the current squad who just do not have the strength of character, or technical ability or both to deliver the sort of game he wants to see.  And they're about to be told this starting next week.

I don't know if Pedro is going to turn out to be the sort of head coach Rangers need to produce a far better team next season and for the time he is here at Ibrox, and produce a team that is a far more credible title-challenging side.    We don't know yet whether he will get the players he wants this summer to form the core of the team he envisages he needs for next season.  That must surely depend to a very large extent on how much of a transfer budget he is given, and on whether the players will be available at the right price, and whether they want to play in Scotland.  A lot of variables are in the mix.   But he does at least appear to be prepared to take responsibility, to lead from the front, and to be capable of calling the spade a shit shovel when he needs to get players' attention.   IMO Warburton would have been floundering about ignoring any sort of notion of being personally responsible or accountable, with 'management' being more important than effective leadership.  Leadership being a characteristic that Warburton did not, imo, have in anywhere near enough measure for Rangers' purposes.     

I'm looking forward to seeing who he gets to form the core of the team, and to a lesser degree interested to see who departs.

Happy with that. Sounds as if he knows what he's doing with regards to replacing and strengthening the squad. Hope he manages to get most of his first choices but he's no doubt seen hundreds of players in these other leagues and they are cheaper markets than down South. So could be better for us in terms of getting value for our money this time. We all know we need a few diehards in the team and he's identified that as urgent.

Enjoyed the way he handled the press. Gave them nothing whilst being straight and sort of laughing at them. The are a fucking circus.

Good interview. He's convinced me he knows what he's doing. No idea whether he can coach yet but I am coming round to the idea he has a type of player in mind rather than a system & that few of these players are the right kind. I've got high hopes, let's hope that this time next year those hopes have become reality.